Lots of interesting news today

A real porch pirate!

That reporter may be "doing their job" but they are also "being a dick" by leaving these typos:
""It’s a full 8' by 10' porch. It would be what goes onto an hour for entry and exit," Investigator Chris Stapler with the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office told FOX 5 Atlanta. “Vey well constructed.”"

I like how everyone has latched onto that song....like the morons in DC just appeared....taxes just happened....welfare just ballooned

the masses obviously wanted it....why else would they vote for it?

why are we complaining now? we voted for it...or either were apathetic and didn't care

All in the name of progress. I can’t believe they could do this
IMG_3879.gif

I like how everyone has latched onto that song....like the morons in DC just appeared....taxes just happened....welfare just ballooned

the masses obviously wanted it....why else would they vote for it?

why are we complaining now? we voted for it...or either were apathetic and didn't care
Well I'd say because he has a public avenue that hit.....we here your thoughts a lot but they aren't always wrong or popular. Maybe you should put your thoughts to a few basic cords and belt them out with some heart.

Forest equals trees. Maybe instead of setting fire to topics on here you should seek a higher platform. You seem opinionated and head strong enough. Go for it. Or carry on as normal. Intelligently discerning yet social ignorant of you audiences. Forest equals trees and your howling in the bushes.

My musical ability has nothing to do with the masses latching onto a catchy tune but actually not doing anything....like voting and pushing back against crime, illegal immigration, mandates, and social engineering

Same with the Trump rallies....all that noise and wasted effort, time, and money...and loses to a brain dead man

No one ACTUALLY takes action.....is my point

I do what I can today and tomorrow.....pretty strong assumptions there my guy

Wake county is considering "allowing" students to walk to school. So, if I read between the lines correctly, as it is, if a kid lives right at a school, he still has to either ride a bus or have parents drive him there?

I walked to school my first five years. Uphill in the snow and all that. But about 7/10 of a mile each way in 1st thru 3rd grade, and a half mile in 4-5. Only year I had someone 'with' me was 1st grade on the way to school. My brother was in 3rd at the same school -- the next year he was at a different school for 4th grade. "With" in quotes because, you know, stupid little kid brother....maybe within a half block.

Wake county is considering "allowing" students to walk to school. So, if I read between the lines correctly, as it is, if a kid lives right at a school, he still has to either ride a bus or have parents drive him there?

I walked to school my first five years. Uphill in the snow and all that. But about 7/10 of a mile each way in 1st thru 3rd grade, and a half mile in 4-5. Only year I had someone 'with' me was 1st grade on the way to school. My brother was in 3rd at the same school -- the next year he was at a different school for 4th grade. "With" in quotes because, you know, stupid little kid brother....maybe within a half block.

To be fair if you read closely they say the County has no policy at all - its up to the Principal of the school. I'm curious how many actually have this requirement.
At Cary Elementary back in the 80s I rode the bus most days, but in 4th and 5th grade I definitely rode my bike several times.

Elementary school my kids went to here have a radius they can come from where they don't need attendants. But it isn't huge. Like pretty much the road it's on.
Although for pick up, they still require a person, can't just walk out IIRC.

Middle school - Nobody cares. You sign up for the bus or not. You show up to the school or you don't.

When I lived in Raleigh I had to walk to my Junior High and High School. Apparently back then I lived too close to the schools and no bus rides for us.
Same for high school (Cary High). They wouldn't send a bus to me. Was about a half mile by road, 1/3rd cutting through yards etc.
... bc back in those days nobody cared about that.

(side note, the way our neighborhood is laid out, my yard is an easy shortcut to the bus stop. We've made it well known the kids are welcome. I'd rathert hey walk through our grass than the street.)

When I lived in Raleigh I had to walk to my Junior High and High School. Apparently back then I lived too close to the schools and no bus rides for us.
70s, I went to 6th grade in Cary, it was the only 6th grade school in the town. Stacey the bus driver was cute, long hair and a fat bottom and she would let me sit on her
leg/lap while she drove. She also smoked cigs and some times the smelled funny. Good times I barely remember!

Last edited:
70s, I went to 6th grade in Cary, it was the only 6th grade school in the town. Stacey the bus driver was cute, long hair and a fat bottom and she would let me sit on her
leg/lap while she drove. She also smoked cigs and some times the smelled funny. Good times I barely remember!
They made the world go round!!

Back