Lots of interesting news today

Do you speak spanish?

Walter E Williams just died. A shame. He was a legendary economist and ah... 'race relations' commentator.

“Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by looting, plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it possible to become wealthy by serving your fellow man.”

"The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do. And that is to destroy the black family."

“The law-abiding black citizen who is passed up by a taxi, refused pizza delivery, or stopped by the police can rightfully feel a sense of injustice and resentment. But the bulk of those feelings should be directed at those who have made race synonymous with higher rates of criminal activity rather than the taxi driver or pizza deliverer who is trying to earn a living and avoid being a crime victim.”

“Europeans are a people with little willingness to defend themselves. They are people who believe that peace treaties, appeasement, and disarmament produce peace.”

Conservatives mourn the death of economist Walter E. Williams: 'Punch in the gut'

"What a day, what a lovely day!"

'Mad Max' actor Hugh Keays-Byrne dead at 73

mad-max-fury-road-immortan-joe.jpg

Alexa or the Echo dot thingie .....
Earlier this year Amazon gave them away free with purchases of a certain price point.
My daughter got one a couple of months before she got married and moved out.

Me: You plug that in and I'll take a hammer to it!
Her: ???
Me: heading for the kitchen junk drawer
Her: OK!!!!

This is actually a pretty novel thought. I don't really care if my chicken flew freely amongst a beautiful meadow, sat around with broken legs, or formed in a "reactor" as long as it tastes good!

It is essentially the same thing as the "beyond meat" product out today. They take some plant base and add tons of chemicals to make it "taste" like something else.

Back