Mall Crawling Racer...... #4410

Btw, this is where I missed the crack on inspection, i thought it was simply just a leaking gasket, but it was buried in rock rash....

b39fdf97fe31e36f1e14da4835e3f8b4.jpg

Matt

Also a big reason why the car stays together on the course. Slawson builds these cars to survive Hammers, it's incredible to see the detail that is designed into it for that very specific environment.

just have him meet you at the road. Thatll give you a chance to hot lap around the parking lot some. You know you want to :burnout:

dont forget to scale it, now that you have extra time.
Yea but his trailer is still here. I have had some difficult times getting my cage trailer out of here in the past. And these photos are today, I scraped the driveway after the snow quit wth my skid steer...

637ae54c2807e14e5deb5d3c115b7031.jpg

01d7274e77eb8e245e31ca9cd44b59eb.jpg

Matt

Back on all fours. New PTT radio buttons in, working on new Warn light bar...

1e18f6315a5c6ba6a201b7c134d58d84.jpg

cae04a5c3fc61f183b1df14377a04cad.jpg

a2a2cd3c7da4ce58c3ec953a5afd34eb.jpg

...me thinks the 2x4 gives it that mayberry flair....sorry Jay, no hair gel used in this production...maybe it'll keep you from rolling this year!

Matt

Forgot to get a close up pic for you, but this is the same concept. Bushings on the shock eye around the misalignment bushings keep rotation down.

Think this is/ was on Sam's buggy, iirc Will Carter does something similar as well as many U4 teams.

ae23abf4fbfb4fb685050e0f4b4245f2.jpg

Matt

Why even build the links like this? Why not just put the centerline of the shock eye below the centerline of the link and be done? With as much $$$ as the bomber and other cars are, I just don't see why they (or anyone else) designs links and shock mounts like this.

Last night was the King of the Hammers pre-show. Qualifying was announced (I qualify around 4pm EST on Tuesday), along with some track hints. Looks like about 218 miles and we are going DOWN Backdoor! They are building a short course style drifting and jumping section for the start/finish section as well. Swag side note- every single driver last night had on a black team shirt, they all looked the same. I'm super pumped about flooding social media with Lime Shock Green :).

I placed a bunch of orders last night at the print shop. If you want to rock a hoodie, dri-fit, or Beenie pre KOH let me know ASAP.

Send your order in through PayPal to jwcalla@yahoo.com

It's about $7 in shipping for 1st item and around $5 or in shipping for each additional. And FYI, the $35 hoodies cost me $51 each to make this year.... Oops. So 2017 will be the best deal on them.

Dri-fit are $15
Hoodies are $35
Beanies are $12
And I think ball caps are like $12 or $15.

Why even build the links like this? Why not just put the centerline of the shock eye below the centerline of the link and be done? With as much $$$ as the bomber and other cars are, I just don't see why they (or anyone else) designs links and shock mounts like this.

It's a mixed bag in ultra 4, from what I found in my research of photos and talking with other builders; when I was designing my links. I'd venture to guess that for those that choose this route the two biggest reasons are weight and ground clearance. I could write many paragraphs on this subject, and have read dozens of paragraphs on pirate and Desert forums, (certainly doesn't make me an authority on the subject. ) Boils down to a personal choice, they both work. I will say that my canoe style TA are negligible not much heavier than this bomber's 2"/.250 chromoly HT with the overhead plating; and the ground clearance losses on mine are behind the leading edge of the tire for the most part...but who knows, mine may be junk, time will tell.

Matt

Cutler Fabrication is providing some serious baby making music. Front end is getting buttoned up, new idler pulley, serp belt, bumper repaired, and one or two small surprises to be revealed later this week.

image.jpeg

Cutler Fabrication is providing some serious baby making music. Front end is getting buttoned up, new idler pulley, serp belt, bumper repaired, and one or two small surprises to be revealed later this week.

View attachment 234733
I dont how that ram stays protected, unless I'm missing something.

I dont how that ram stays protected, unless I'm missing something.
It has been discussed briefly. But ironically, there are very few scars above the center of the diff. Zero nicks in the cylinder or shafts.

Matt

Edit: the tie rod ends are about 1.5" above the upper uniball of the knuckle.

It has been discussed briefly. But ironically, there are very few scars above the center of the diff. Zero nicks in the cylinder or shafts.

Matt

Edit: the tie rod ends are about 1.5" above the upper uniball of the knuckle.
Makes some sense. Law of averages i guess. I feel like during racing at some point you're going to hit a rock just right to kill it, but maybe not.

Matt is crushing it, number plates being finished up. Serious question, do these number plates make me look fat?

Lol, new regulations essentially have us putting parasails on the cars for number identification.

image.jpeg

Back