Mini Excavators

Our company switched to Kubota. We have a 57 & an 80. I think the smaller ones come with a 6 way blade. We love ours!

I would, but I can't afford a Kubota mini ex...so I just went with a Bobcat with a Kubota engine.

I got a guy checking on prices for the stuff you mentioned. I'll pm a quote Monday.

Thanks!

I bought a set of tracks from the company in the link below. Might be worth checking with, they had good customer service, but I don't deal with this type stuff enough to have anything else to compare them too.

Rubber Tracks

I bought a set of tracks from the company in the link below. Might be worth checking with, they had good customer service, but I don't deal with this type stuff enough to have anything else to compare them too.

Rubber Tracks

I've bought tracks from them as well. I can't imagine buying factory replacement tracks for a personal machine, them shits expensive.

According to their website, they don't sell anything but the tracks for my 337. I emailed them along with a few other places and am awaiting a reply. Loader Parts Source or Pentom Supply seem to be my best bet right now.

Pm sent. Don't get excited. Keep us posted, I may need another supplier as well.

I found the best overall deal from Empire Tractor Parts in NY. They sell ITR parts...I think it's an Italian manufacturer. $5125 shipped to my house.

Anyway, they do price matching too, so I had found stuff cheaper at Loader Parts Source and wound up at $4870 shipped. Can't complain with that. I think he even tossed in a few t shirts and a hat.

Well, that was quick. Looks like I have plans for Saturday now :D

20190509_170801.jpg

20190509_170806.jpg

Well at least you don't have to worry about someone picking up the tracks and throwing them in the back of their truck. :rolleyes: it would be much easier to steal the skid steer.

That hurt your feelin$$$

4870 bucks....so yeah, I haven't sat down much. It's still tender.

Well at least you don't have to worry about someone picking up the tracks and throwing them in the back of their truck. :rolleyes: it would be much easier to steal the skid steer.

No skid steer for me, just a tractor with some forks. I do kinda want one though. I mean....I NEED one, right? That's all the justification I need.

4870 bucks....so yeah, I haven't sat down much. It's still tender.

No skid steer for me, just a tractor with some forks. I do kinda want one though. I mean....I NEED one, right? That's all the justification I need.
Yes, you need one. I've thought about selling the excavator and just buying a backhoe attachment for the skid steer. I'd never sell the skid steer, unless it was to buy a better one.

I'll get one some day. Just gotta find a good one that's cheap enough for me :D I'd probably have to go ahead and get a mulcher too.

No skid steer for me, just a tractor with some forks. I do kinda want one though. I mean....I NEED one, right?

If I had a mini excavator, the thing I would need is a nice, gooseneck dump trailer. Seems like there's always a need for a dump trailer with a digging job. And you can haul it there in it also!

I'd love to have one too, but they're proud of them!

20190511_144026.jpg

20190511_121823.jpg

20190511_144022.jpg

20190419_151015.jpg

20190511_121844.jpg

20190511_125226.jpg

20190511_152135.jpg

Just waiting on the sprockets to get here so I can put the tracks on and hit it with the grease gun. I could have had it together yesterday, which would have been nice, but oh well.

Well, as we all know, I sold this one. Hopefully next year, I'll be buying another one. So, I'm starting to dive in to looking at a new one.

@jeepinmatt mentioned something about it in another thread, so I figured I'd "dig" this thread back up :D Ha...see what I did there?!

So, as of the moment...my ambitions are on a 2014+ E55 Bobcat excavator and a 2012+ Bobcat T870 skid steer, or CTL as I see them referred to these days.

Since getting my toes wet with the last one, I know what I need/want that's better and faster. I know more about what a lot of people are here are wanting. I also know that after an incident last year, I do not handle heat nearly as well as I used to. So, both will obviously be full cabbed with heat and AC.

Let me preface...I like Bobcat. I like their layouts, fit, finish, the way they're built, and the coupler on the excavators. Plus, there's a dealer 4 miles away, which is as important as almost anything else. It's not out of the way or even inconvenient. I drive past it almost daily and I even have the saleman's phone number and have bought lots of truck parts from him. He looks out for me pretty well.

I do plan to check out other brands as I can. I know a guy with a CAT 299D2 XHP skid steer, so I'll check that out. The nearest CAT dealer is a little over an hour away in Jacksonville. Nearest Kubota dealer is an hour away, there's also (what used to be) Rob's Hydraulics and they sell Hyundai, Manitou, Yanmar, and IHI. They used to sell Kubota and Yanmar. John Deere is in New Bern, but I've never even had them cross my mind. They're literally the same as Hitachi, but likely more expensive.

Plans for the excavator are to have a handful of buckets, a heavy brush/tree cutter, root rake, auger, and whatever else I may not be able to live without. No plans for a flail mower or mulching head.

As for the skid steer, most of the T870s I'm finding come with the forestry package, which is good. I want a regular bucket, dedicated grapple, mulching head, forks, and a mower. I may even step down a model. The online specs say it's 83" wide and between the fenders on my trailer isn't, but I can absolutely fix that :D
Of course, all of this with the mindset of possibly working for myself one day or adding to my best good buddy's business' abilities to offer a wider array of services. Either way, these will be paid for at their times of purchase OR with financing very little. All depends on where they're bought.

What do yall think I should check out brand wise? I'm still looking high and low for somewhat local dealers for parts/service that I may not know exist.

@StretchASU What equipment dealers do you have nearby?

@StretchASU What equipment dealers do you have nearby?
Just about all of them. Considering I drive all over eastern NC for work and have most within an hour from the farm in SWVA I’m not being too brand loyal. We were die hard Ford/New Holland folk when a family member had a dealership but today it’s all about the dollars, cents and functionality.

I'm leaning back towards the 299D2 XPS CAT now. Did some looking and they're 78" wide which means it'll fit on my trailer. Pricing isn't too bad either. Hi flow hydraulics flow a touch more too.

Back