MOTD (Meme of the Day)

main-qimg-1ce1b4e4af2fab4273259edfefe2b158-lq.jpeg

One of most misunderstood lyrics of all time.
Ronnie and Neil were actually good friends. That line was a joking jab at his buddy. They remained friends until the end.

Its kind of funny actually. A whole bunch of folks today who love skynyrd and think their music stands for something, would not have like RVZ in his heyday. He was very liberal by the standards of the day. Very progressive in his beliefs.

Ronnie and Neil were actually good friends. That line was a joking jab at his buddy. They remained friends until the end.

Its kind of funny actually. A whole bunch of folks today who love skynyrd and think their music stands for something, would not have like RVZ in his heyday. He was very liberal by the standards of the day. Very progressive in his beliefs.
I was reading the background about that when I posted it.

I was reading the background about that when I posted it.
If you are a DBT fan, it was also the background for the song Ronnie and Neil. Hood met one of the original "swampers" and he told stories of Ronnie and Neil partying together and it shocked him so that he described it as transformational and inspired the song.

JVZ seems to have similar beliefs as well.

I know there’s a lot of aging rednecks who love “Skinert” for their own reasons. I also knew the band wasn’t promoting segregation or racism but; they did love the South.

It is not uncommon for folks to love “Dixie” but not love slavery and Jim Crow. Slavery was a way of life in the South and in northern states who reaped the benefits as well. It’s not my scene but those white Southern rappers are a great example of this, very inclusive while at the same time espousing a love of the area.

1643458354141.jpeg

Almost the same....for minimum of 18 or so years no more doing solely what your into. Sort of a quarantine from your former self.

Back