MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Since we're on the topic...any idea what the tolerable speed threshold is?

Current speed limit is 65, we are in the process of conducting a study to raise it to 70.

Hypothetically, I would say 75 is the acceptable limit currently. 80 or above you are getting pulled for sure.

Troopers like to sit at the toll gantries behind the vault walls. You can't see them till you are past them.

YMMV

@RatLabGuy the roadway is in a fairly rural area. So during spring/fall we get combines, sprayers, tractors etc using the roadway to get to fields/other properties instead of loading them on a low-boy. It's a controlled access facility so they aren't allowed per NC law. Plus we have to worry about tight ROW/shoulders/guardrail and overhead gantries with oversized equipment running up and down the road. Those overhead gantries contain a lot of high $$$ equipment and the concern of damage is real.

Its never fun when you are running 70+mph and come up on a combine running 25mph and taking up the entire right shoulder and lane. SHP tries to keep them off but with only two officers running 20 miles of roadway with no median turnaround its tough to catch them before they get off the facility.
What roadway are we talking here?

I think I know one of the primary perpetrators ...

Current speed limit is 65, we are in the process of conducting a study to raise it to 70.

Hypothetically, I would say 75 is the acceptable limit currently. 80 or above you are getting pulled for sure.

Troopers like to sit at the toll gantries behind the vault walls. You can't see them till you are past them.

YMMV
70 would be a big improvement. I find 80-84ish to be a comfortable cruising speed on such roads, but NCHP would argue that it is too fast for a 65mph zone. Likewise, at that speed they would let me cruise right on by in a 70mph zone 99% of the time.

FB_IMG_1686694834363.jpg

Back