MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Seriously? Have you driven in the last three years with these ass hats!!??
Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

Now do you guys get it?

1719150417253.png

Ehhh…I always figured if I was in a situation where I didn’t tip…I was probably too broke to be there anyway…and shouldn’t be doing what I’m doing in the first place.
Sure, if you're going to a sit-down restaurant. But if I'm ordering from a counter, the register shouldn't pop up with a default screen for 18/20/22% tip. Nope.

The first issue is that a tip is a gratuity for GOOD food and service. How do I know when I order if the shit is good yet? Second, maybe a buck is good if I'm ordering a few coffees, or a lunch at a food truck or something. But come on!

Ehhh…I always figured if I was in a situation where I didn’t tip…I was probably too broke to be there anyway…and shouldn’t be doing what I’m doing in the first place.
So... its not possible that its just inapprpriate to be asked in the first place and its not your fault?

The first issue is that a tip is a gratuity for GOOD food and service. How do I know when I order if the shit is good yet?
Yeah, this blows my mind when its at the register when you order.
And even moreso the food delivery services etc that require adding the tip on the order, and the buyer then knows beforehand what it is. F$ck that.
Yet another reason not to use said services.

Sure, if you're going to a sit-down restaurant. But if I'm ordering from a counter, the register shouldn't pop up with a default screen for 18/20/22% tip. Nope.

The first issue is that a tip is a gratuity for GOOD food and service. How do I know when I order if the shit is good yet? Second, maybe a buck is good if I'm ordering a few coffees, or a lunch at a food truck or something. But come on!
Yeah, this blows my mind when its at the register when you order.
And even moreso the food delivery services etc that require adding the tip on the order, and the buyer then knows beforehand what it is. F$ck that.
Yet another reason not to use said services.
I do not mind tipping for exceptional service. That balance between professional and might as well be a used car salesman is a fine one for me. When little to no personal service is required I figure the establishment better just charge enough for the help included. If I am purchasing food it is for one reason, I'm not preparing it. I pay your perceived value for the meal and related activities.

Tipping for the entertainment, environment blah blah blah. Nope better be part of your market value and the meal priced accordingly. I can choose my entertainment or environment based on the market price. Tips being wait staff income, nope. Never agreed with or believed in that method of work/worker/business compensation either. Certain aspects of of the industry should not be life long career choices.

If an establishment wants to enforce a tip ratio put it right on the menu. I can eat or move on. Sliding it in the receipt and me and a manager will have an open discussion.

If an establishment wants to enforce a tip ratio put it right on the menu. I can eat or move on. Sliding it in the receipt and me and a manager will have an open discussion.
Don't even make it a ratio put on the menu. Just freaking raise prices by 20% or whatever and then we can be adults and know what our meal costs. Tipping as a default for anything is stupid.

I mean…I tip my grocery delivery folks, my AC repair man, pretty much anyone that provides a service to make shit more convenient for me. But yes, I do feel, if you can’t or don’t want to tip on a $9 combo…that either says you can’t afford it, or says something about you as a person. Just my opinion. Now shitty service, that’s another story…shitty food, that’s usually not the server’s fault and you should probably be picking better places to eat to start.

I mean…I tip my grocery delivery folks, my AC repair man, pretty much anyone that provides a service to make shit more convenient for me. But yes, I do feel, if you can’t or don’t want to tip on a $9 combo…that either says you can’t afford it, or says something about you as a person. Just my opinion. Now shitty service, that’s another story…shitty food, that’s usually not the server’s fault and you should probably be picking better places to eat to start.
Who is the server that's making life more convenient for you at a stand up order counter?

I do not mind tipping for exceptional service. That balance between professional and might as well be a used car salesman is a fine one for me. When little to no personal service is required I figure the establishment better just charge enough for the help included. If I am purchasing food it is for one reason, I'm not preparing it. I pay your perceived value for the meal and related activities.

Tipping for the entertainment, environment blah blah blah. Nope better be part of your market value and the meal priced accordingly. I can choose my entertainment or environment based on the market price. Tips being wait staff income, nope. Never agreed with or believed in that method of work/worker/business compensation either. Certain aspects of of the industry should not be life long career choices.

My main issue with tipping is why do I need to tip more because I chose to eat the ribeye when you had a burger. Server done the exact same work. Yet your tips supposed to be 2$ and mine 4$. And hell you might have run her to death for stupid stuff that I didn’t. But I think restaurants should pay their help and if you want to leave a tip you can as an option. also like others said these walk up windows asking for tips is crazy. Several restaurants around us have went to self serve style and to be honest I enjoy it better. Never have a empty drink while the waiters hide

My main issue with tipping is why do I need to tip more because I chose to eat the ribeye when you had a burger. Server done the exact same work. Yet your tips supposed to be 2$ and mine 4$. And hell you might have run her to death for stupid stuff that I didn’t.

I've said this for years!

Duane

I guess I’m the exception on both sides.
If I’m at a sit down restaurant I over tip.
Last night wife and I went out to dinner as an example and I left the waitress $40 on a $65 bill.

She was cheerful attentive and made the night more enjoyable.

But I’m not tipping the cashier at jersey mikes.

The waitress makes 2.13/hr…the jersey mikes cashier makes 14-15/hr.

I stopped going to the local Italian joint - we would occasionally call in take out pizza or such and they ask for a tip…and act disappointed if you don’t tip. I called in the cook made it. I walk in and you hand me the box. That isn’t tip worthy to me

Back