Motor-sickle Racing (MX/SX, GNCC, MotoGP, Hard Enduro, SBK, etc)

Thoughts on Barcia's fine for taking out Anderson again? I mean he did put his hand up after and kinda say, sorry about that bro.
I didn't see anything different about that move than anything else over the 30 years that I have been watching SX. I don't think it warranted points and a fine. Barcia has been riding like that his whole career. I don't understand why Anderson went to the outside when he didn't have a big gap yet on Barcia. I tend to believe that in most cases it is best to let the riders handle it on the track. Anderson is way out of the points now. I fully expect him to punt Barcia off the track before the season is over.

Bogle got penalized several races back for waiting a full lap to take Barcia out. I did agree with that penalty.

Last edited:
I didn't see anything different about that move than anything else over the 30 years that I have been watching SX. I don't think it warranted points and a fine. Barcia has been riding like that his whole career. I don't understand why Anderson went to the outside when he didn't have a big gap yet on Barcia. I tend to believe that in most cases it is best to let the riders handle it on the track. Anderson is way out of the points now. I fully expect him to punt Barcia off the track before the season is over.

Bogle got penalized several races back for waiting a full lap to take Barcia out. I did agree with that penalty.

And with the way Barcia rides a bike I don’t want to hear a single excuse from the green camp that Anderson didn’t know he was there. Barcia spends more time revving the bike than a squatted shitbox at the local Sonic.

Anyone else remember this from years ago? That was awesome.

How about this one from 2 yrs ago:

How about this one from 2 yrs ago:

To me, that one wasn't as bad as it looked, but looked really dramatic, so everybody was hating on Ferrandis, especially with his already aggressive style and the fact he was a foreigner. I honestly think he thought he had enough speed to make the pass clean, and was going to leave about 3-4ft on the outside. But if you watch the overhead cam from the 42 second point, you see that Ferrandis loses the front right as he should be starting to straighten out, which sent him wide, and also Craig totally railed around the wider line. As a result of the speed and point of convergence, it looked like an insane punt. It was definitely an extremely aggressive pass, but if he hadn't lost the front, I think it would have just been a hard racing pass.

To me, that one wasn't as bad as it looked, but looked really dramatic, so everybody was hating on Ferrandis, especially with his already aggressive style and the fact he was a foreigner. I honestly think he thought he had enough speed to make the pass clean, and was going to leave about 3-4ft on the outside. But if you watch the overhead cam from the 42 second point, you see that Ferrandis loses the front right as he should be starting to straighten out, which sent him wide, and also Craig totally railed around the wider line. As a result of the speed and point of convergence, it looked like an insane punt. It was definitely an extremely aggressive pass, but if he hadn't lost the front, I think it would have just been a hard racing pass.
I feel like he backed it down a few after those close calls and isn’t riding as aggressive in sx as he used to which is keeping him from being top 5 rider. He needs to go the school of barcia!

Ferrandis needs to hire Mike Alessi and learn how to start!

Made the annual trip down to SC for the Camp Coker GNCC. If you’re an off-road guy, I highly recommend racing this one sometime. The property is awesome (Moree’s Sportsman Preserve). Make a weekend, do some fishing, if it’s warm enough there is a rope swing into a pond etc. The track is brutal but fun. Tight singletrack, big sand whoops, square edged hard pack and WFO field sections. Saturdays pro quad race was a barn burner. As for the bike race…Ben Kelley checked out on XC1 like usual and that race was a snooze fest. I clocked him 1 min and 30 seconds up on 2nd with two to go. XC2 was a good battle and the winner of that class, Ryder Lafferty who is the nephew of Enduro standout Mike Lafferty, ended up just off the overall podium.

The AM race was a blast. Kailub Russell and Zach Osborne lined up in Sportsman A. They had a $500 per man bounty on them if one of the WXC racers could beat them straight up in the overall. No bounty was collected but those girls gave it hell. I lined up in Sportsman B and ran wheel to wheel with one of my good friends who usually gaptizes me at a GNCC. We set out with the goal of just staying on the lead lap knowing who was hunting us down. Ross pulled it off getting all 4 laps in but I lost the clutch at the 8 mile mark on lap 3 and was dead in the water. 2.75 laps of swapping back and forth hollering at each other was a blast. I gave the 250FX the berries to hang with his 450 in the field sections.

Next up is the Dragons Back National Enduro on May 1.

Hope you washed your bike when you got home. I ran it last year and the blackish muck down there will eat aluminum. Defiantly a cool place to ride.

Yep. The blue anodizing on my OEM wheels got properly mcfucked last year and I washed it Monday night. It was a lot drier this year and I still washed it as soon as I got home last night. Like @DSM Turbos said, mine was properly coated in SC1 this year before I left the house.

Yep. The blue anodizing on my OEM wheels got properly mcfucked last year and I washed it Monday night. It was a lot drier this year and I still washed it as soon as I got home last night. Like @DSM Turbos said, mine was properly coated in SC1 this year before I left the house.

Did you know that the hard enduro rocks don’t cause this. Come ride with us! You can see me crash all over. I don’t know joe to go fast anymore.

Did you know that the hard enduro rocks don’t cause this. Come ride with us! You can see me crash all over. I don’t know joe to go fast anymore.

Didn’t you wreck a couple hundred dollar set of plastics and graphics the first trip out? 🤣 I have zero desire to backflip that blue pig off a waterfall. If the market ever cools off I’ll pick up another 250sx to put a 300 kit on like my old 09. That thing was fun and was perfect for the enduro stuff.

Didn’t you wreck a couple hundred dollar set of plastics and graphics the first trip out? 🤣 I have zero desire to backflip that blue pig off a waterfall. If the market ever cools off I’ll pick up another 250sx to put a 300 kit on like my old 09. That thing was fun and was perfect for the enduro stuff.

No comment 😂. But we miss ya!

But all I messed up was a front fender.

A little muddy

Attachments

• AEC20C97-0BA4-4BEF-9DD7-DE7E1EB8EBA4.jpeg
    AEC20C97-0BA4-4BEF-9DD7-DE7E1EB8EBA4.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4827.MOV
    14.6 MB

"For me there is no pressure to perform and I’m not going there with the same preparation as I would have had for a world championship"

In other words: "if I get trounced, I'll use this as my excuse..."
Should be fun to watch though either way, and add some nice international flair to the series.

Back