Motor-sickle Racing (MX/SX, GNCC, MotoGP, Hard Enduro, SBK, etc)

Deegan will race east

I've only seen him in the futures race last week, and was certainly not blown away. And "He raced pro at the last two Pro Motocross Nationals of 2022, taking 31st overall (after a big crash) at Ironman and 13th overall at Pala 2" Isn't typically Star Yamaha kind of caliber. Is this just riding a name, or is he a lot better than those results indicate?

I've only seen him in the futures race last week, and was certainly not blown away. And "He raced pro at the last two Pro Motocross Nationals of 2022, taking 31st overall (after a big crash) at Ironman and 13th overall at Pala 2" Isn't typically Star Yamaha kind of caliber. Is this just riding a name, or is he a lot better than those results indicate?

I think he is a lot better than those results, but when you step up to the pro level, the competition is on a whole new level. I think it won't be a great year for him, but he will learn a lot. He dominated pretty big at Loretta's. Think of how many of these guys were not that good in their first years.

The end of that 450 LCQ is why you always race until the checkered flag waves!

Sexton just showed Tomac what a gap looks like, damn he was rolling. Close to 8 sec. In a heat race.

He got the heat win bonus but Tomac figured something out and got the main win bonus. I was surprised it took so many laps for Eli to figure out he was losing probably half a second in the sand section.

I think Deegan did a great job for his first SX. He was able to put that bike wherever he wanted and the pass through the whoops where he split some lappers was pretty sick.

Today was the first National Enduro of the year down at Sumter. Grant Baylor got the W on his new Babbitts Kawi.

Oh man, Webb is back!

Deegan impressing again. 3rd in the points after two rounds!

Definitely some great racing last night. Good to see Webb return to form, hopefully he keeps it.

That 250LCQ last corner t-bone from Simonson on Weltin was trash, I hope there's a penalty for that. Lawrence showed the proper way to do it in the 250 main.

Oh yeah, and more dumb decisions by Anderson.

Just saw this from Houston :laughing:

Definitely some great racing last night. Good to see Webb return to form, hopefully he keeps it.

That 250LCQ last corner t-bone from Simonson on Weltin was trash, I hope there's a penalty for that. Lawrence showed the proper way to do it in the 250 main.

LCQ'ers gonna LCQ.

I'm sure those privateers are going to love the Tampa - Oakland - Arlington drive the next two weeks with the rescheduled race in Oakland.

Loaded up and headed south for the first GNCC. I have to work in SC the next two days so I’ll drop the toy hauler at the track tomorrow and make my rounds. I’ve ridden once or twice since July so this should go great 🤣
F03A3F63-EF2B-42D5-8309-31E0CD63C4D5.jpeg

Loaded up and headed south for the first GNCC. I have to work in SC the next two days so I’ll drop the toy hauler at the track tomorrow and make my rounds. I’ve ridden once or twice since July so this should go great 🤣
View attachment 392072
I’m right there with you, I keep trying to run an NCHSA but haven’t ridden since before the new year so we’ll see what happens as the season goes. Good luck!

Sexton loves to give up wins. If he can keep it together he will win a ton
I like his drive to try and set a gap but if he would just stay consistent he could stay out front no problem
He's like Bubba Stewart, but not as fast. Can outrun anybody, but overrides the bike/track and makes stupid mistakes along the way.

And friggin Webb. What a late race monster. 1 or 2 more turns and he would have had Tomac. 14 seconds down with 5min to go. He was stealing 2 seconds a lap from him for the last 7 laps. Unreal.

And friggin Webb. What a late race monster. 1 or 2 more turns and he would have had Tomac. 14 seconds down with 5min to go. He was stealing 2 seconds a lap from him for the last 7 laps. Unreal.
The 450s are where it’s at for good racing right now. Until somebody can match Jett in the 250s everybody is racing for 2nd place

Awesome to see Stu Baylor and Ben Kelly back on the box after a rough year. If they can stay healthy, this should be a interesting season of GNCC.
The boys were hauling the mail and it was super fun to watch. There was a section of trail behind where I was camped around the 11 mile mark and it was cool to see the difference in line choice between the top 10 overall. 1-5 all were doubling this one little section by moving out of the rut maybe 6". The rest were rolling it by staying in the rut which was much slower. Multiply those little line choice differences times 12 miles and it really adds up.

Just got peacock and decided to watch the tx race. Now munchkin won't watch anything else lol. Guess I can think of worse things for him to watch!

Back