Motor-sickle Racing (MX/SX, GNCC, MotoGP, Hard Enduro, SBK, etc)

Well WSX just put out the 6 round schedule for next year...

Right in the middle of SX season, so I don't know if you will see people from SX racing it now, and MXGP is also during this time.

I really wonder who they will get to race the series. And only 6 rounds again for a "world championship" is pretty sad, but its triple this year!

1670517486367.png

I think he is going to be off the pace at the start of the season. A month away and he doesn't know what he is riding. Seems crazy. Everyone else has been hammering out laps dialing in their bike for many weeks now.
Dude was off pace last year with exception to the first few laps. The way he faded in later laps you'd think he took up smoking.

What do you guys think about Webb? The KTM obviously was off last year, and so was his fitness due to leaving Aldon. He is back with Aldon now and they have supposedly improved the bike. A lot of the top guys are getting older (30+), which is typically when SX results fall off. Webb is just 27.

He is a two time 250 SX champ and two time 450 SX champ.
2015: 250 West SX champ
2016: 250 West SX champ
2019: 450 SX champ
2021: 450 SX champ

I'm not really sure where Webb is going to finish.

1673017241308.png

What do you guys think about Webb? The KTM obviously was off last year, and so was his fitness due to leaving Aldon. He is back with Aldon now and they have supposedly improved the bike. A lot of the top guys are getting older (30+), which is typically when SX results fall off. Webb is just 27.

He is a two time 250 SX champ and two time 450 SX champ.
2015: 250 West SX champ
2016: 250 West SX champ
2019: 450 SX champ
2021: 450 SX champ

I'm not really sure where Webb is going to finish.

View attachment 388962
I'm really anxious to see. I haven't followed anything in the off season, other than Tomac gelling with the Yamaha and kicking everyones ass. I'd be a fool to bet against him this year. But I agree, Webb has the potential to be a wildcard. Also a Cianciarulo in good health could shake things up too.

I think it will be a huge toss up of who gets on the podium this year.

Webb
Malcom
Anderson
Tomac
Sexton
Rozcen?
Barcia

Wild cards to throw in also from
Christian Craig
Musquin
Cianciarulo

A lot of really good riders, but none that are really standing out other than maybe Tomac - but will he have the same drive this year.

Webb
Malcom
Anderson
Tomac
Sexton
Rozcen?
Barcia

Christian Craig
Musquin
Cianciarulo

A lot of really good riders, but none that are really standing out other than maybe Tomac - but will he have the same drive this year.
Don't forget to throw Alessi in there! :gitrdun:

Webb
Malcom
Anderson
Tomac
Sexton
Rozcen?
Barcia

Christian Craig
Musquin
Cianciarulo

Think Ferrandis can podium? I think he can.

I predict five different race winners in 2023 SX:

Tomac
Anderson
Sexton
Webb
Roczen (not sure on this choice due to the Suzuki move)

I predict five different race winners in 2023 SX:

Tomac
Anderson
Sexton
Webb
Roczen (not sure on this choice due to the Suzuki move)
History says 5 winners is what you will get. That’s how many since 2019. And most years prior to that were also 5.

Think Ferrandis can podium? I think he can.

Yeah. But also AP could also. So many can podium I feel like but not many will pull off a win.

And Mookie and Barcia...

If I am Forkner, I think I walk away from the sport and get a different job. West coast series is over. Jett will most likely win every round.

Webb looked fast. He was charging hard at the end of the race like his old championship winning style. I think he came from around 10th to 2nd.

Spoiler alert ⚠️

Man, great races! What a way to kick off the season.

If I am Forkner, I think I walk away from the sport and get a different job. West coast series is over. Jett will most likely win every round.
Forkner yard darted as usual, but I expected him to at least make it to the first turn :rolleyes:. He's kinda like Bubba Stewart with the checkers or wreckers attitude, but he ain't Bubba! Jett will probably walk away with it unless Hampshire finds a little more speed and aggression, or Smackadoo finds speed AND consistency.

Webb looked fast. He was charging hard at the end of the race like his old championship winning style. I think he came from around 10th to 2nd.
Damn Tomac was fast and fluid. Yeah, he did go down, but then charged back like a friggin boss, unrattled. Roczen was surprisingly good on the Suzuki, but lacked that edge at the end of the race. He needs to do whatever Webb is doing between weekends, cuz that little freight train is a beast at the end of races. I was texting with a buddy of mine last week and he asked who my call was for the 450s and I told him "Gotta be Tomac unless Webb gets a fire under his butt or something crazy happens. But you'd have to be a fool to bet against Tomac."
Looks like my dreams came true! Hopefully they all stay healthy.

Someone needs to check on Mitch Payton today. He’s probably got his wheelchair pointed into a corner crying that he’s dumped more time and money into Forkner.

I’ll get back on my annual soap box that 250’s need to be a National class in SX. The coast thing is boring when these guys start yard darting.

I’m not a tomac fan but he is riding at a high level

Watching Malcom crash was a gut wrench!

Rozcen will be fast in that zuk if he stays healthy. He doesn’t have much time on that bike

As I prep the bike for the season…this hits home lol.
View attachment 389183
He was never a big fan of the Honda, crazy after sampling all the other brands he went with Suzuki...or they had to write a giant check. I was cheering for Malcom until he exited over the bars. Webb looked like he did a few years ago, Anderson was my hopeful but he's hit or miss. If Sexton gets it together he'll wear all of them out.

He was never a big fan of the Honda, crazy after sampling all the other brands he went with Suzuki...or they had to write a giant check. I was cheering for Malcom until he exited over the bars. Webb looked like he did a few years ago, Anderson was my hopeful but he's hit or miss. If Sexton gets it together he'll wear all of them out.

Who knows the truth, but it was said that he was pretty dead set on riding for firepower honda like he did for WSX and Paris SX, but the Zuk impressed him so much he chose this path. I don't think Zuk had a huge check ready for them, but maybe?

I was cheering for Malcom until he exited over the bars.
Same here. Hated to see him go down. He deserves a win more than anyone else out there, but ain't nobody gonna give it to him.

Really nice Graham Jarvis onboard footage from Japan last year:

My thoughts after 2 races:
  • Tomac looks really good
  • Webb looks really good. I won’t be surprised if he wicks it up a hair more and starts getting some wins.
  • Anderson will not be in the title hunt. It looks like the same old stuff. Crashes and fooking with Barcia.
  • Malcolm was FAST in his heat. He will be on the podium and could win a race if he gets everything right.
  • I doubt Roczen wins a race this year
  • Sexton would have been on the podium if Barcia didn't knock him down

My thoughts after 2 races:
  • Tomac looks really good
  • Webb looks really good. I won’t be surprised if he wicks it up a hair more and starts getting some wins.
  • Anderson will not be in the title hunt. It looks like the same old stuff. Crashes and fooking with Barcia.
  • Malcolm was FAST in his heat. He will be on the podium and could win a race if he gets everything right.
  • I doubt Roczen wins a race this year
  • Sexton would have been on the podium if Barcia didn't knock him down

I think Roczen won't win, but he will get a podium (or a couple maybe) but he is also strongest early on, so we will see how he can keep up for the long haul.

Also - Jett is great for the sport, but hell the 250 race is so damn boring now. Its the same when Eli dominates though.
I hope Jett gets on a 450 for a round or two of the east.

I think Roczen will pull off a win or two, but I hope next time I don't have to endure 15 minutes of the camera watching him in 4th and 5th.

Injuries or major bike problems aside, it's gonna be a Webb-Tomac showdown, and Webb has won those in the past because of Tomacs inconsistency. One week has was Flowmac, the next week he was Slowmac, the next week he was Bike-no-go-mac. Now he is all Flowmac all the time, which is gonna be impossible for Webb to overcome in 2nd place.

Everyone should have worried about Webb as soon as he started his smug bs responses at the A1 press conference. Smug smartass Webb is a dangerous Webb. That said. I hope Eli beats the shit out of that little garden gnome all season.

show me where webb hurt you, so we can get you some help.

tomac has 0 personality.

we just need barcia to take em both out!

Back