My new go-faster buggy

farmboy

The ECORS/Ultra4 stuff seems to be getting out of hand recently, so i figured i would jump on the bandwagon and build a buggy that better suited my personality of going balls deep in everything. Just a month ago I decided my old buggy had taken its last ride and I was ready to move on to something new. My last Jim's Garage buggy served me well and the fit and finish was exactly what I wanted then, but at this point 48" wide chassis was a little small for me and it had been rode hard for the better part of 5 years almost every weekend, not to mention racing that had stretched the limits of what we had built the buggy for in the first place...crawling. I hope this new buggy will be a good mix of east coast beat down and ultra4 go fast for me to have fun on the weekends and atleast hang in the back of the pack with the big time racers :flipoff2: .
So with these thoughts in mind I called up my buddy Will (Indy Will) and Josh at Rightside Performance in Burlington, NC. I have been helping Will and getting to beat on his last two buggys so I figured it was only right I give him the chance to build something for me. After being down there this weekend I know we are on the right track and the forethought that is going into this build should keep bigger problems from popping up later. Hopefully this buggy will be before Feb. to bring out and have some fun in the desert, but with me finishing up school and work we will see how this all progresses as funds become available. If you have any questions about getting a chassis, roller, or turnkey give Rightside a call or check out there new website (rightsideperformance.com)

Specs:

-Chevy 5.3L (ls1 cam)
-TH350 (mild build)
-Atlas 3.0
-Dana 60 (detroit,5.13 gears from ECGS, Chromo shafts)
-14bolt (5.13,welded)
-2.5" FOA Coilovers in the front with FOA bumps
-2.0 Coilovers and FOA bypasses
-PSC steering
-33 Gal fuel cell
-1.25" heims on lowers and 7/8's uppers
-Raceline wheels
-39" KRTB's

Thanks to ECGS and FOA for playing a part in getting this thing off the ground.

My old buggy for reference...

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_KOH_202010_0206101300a.jpg

The new ride underway...

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_1120102155.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_1120102155a.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_1120102213.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_1120102155b.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_1120102157.jpg

I'm pretty sure I could fit inside of that fuel cell.

Chassis looks good - can't wait to see it as a roller. Should look good with some 52X gussets on it.

Time for an ARB in the back, if you wanna go fast. I would like to see a little cargo area behind the fuel cell, if you have the clearance for it.

sweet chassis table....painful memories of drilling 500 holes in that thing

Nope. Not a race buggy at all. Just a friendly weekend trail rider.....

Looks good Sam,
Michael

Lookin good! Hope it's ready in time for February! :beer:

Sam... hate to break to you, but those guys don't know what they're doing.

Come on down to Raleigh... I've got a Lincoln tombstone and a Harbor Freight bender... I can do you up right.

drool.....helluva start.

THanks for the compliments guys. Ron, its getting ready for ecors domination. :flipoff2:

if i were a man who drove the wayu you do Samu, i'd think about a replacable "tree whacker" front clip!:flipoff2:

Looks Good! Im feeling slight pangs of jealousy!

if i were a man who drove the wayu you do Samu, i'd think about a replacable "tree whacker" front clip!:flipoff2:
Looks Good! Im feeling slight pangs of jealousy!
Well its about time you step up and build something for this coast dave!

looks sweet sam. let us poor folk have a ride when it is done
You just need to cut back on the abecrombie and you could afford a buggy too :flipoff2:

I have to take the whole drivetrain back out because my atlas was not shifting into high and is jammed along with my brand new trans having problems with my tv cable setup I havent decided on just going fmvb in the 700r4 or get a 4l80e....

you runnin a mvb?

when you thinking you will be done by? RCQ?

When are you guys working on this? Only weekends?

Back