My new go-faster buggy

Another shot of the cell and swaybar

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Ultra_204_20buggy_20build_1204101903.jpg

Well it has been slow going on the new ride. With me starting school back, and Will moving into a new shop, it has been hard to get time recently. Finally making some headway now and its almost a rolling chassis. Sorry for the crap cell phone pics. All i got at this point.

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_0122112332.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_0123111505.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_0123111709.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_0123111714a.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Rightside_20Buggy_20Build_0123111714.jpg

Buggy's looking good. Single middle seat or just mock-up? You plan to do build a "cock-pit"? (hehe)

Well I thought that it would be a big ass waste of space too, but thought I would ask. I just know how Sam wouldn't mind a cock-pit :lol:

On the other hand, Sam could have his seat on the right hand side... and Will could ride in a kid's seat on the left :flipoff2:

So finally did some work on it in the new shop. Got the rear links finalized and with four shock tabs and some tires it's a roller.
I don't think I mentioned it but the water is going through the shock hoops.
afarm6.static.flickr.com_5218_5402858617_fc6d8224d4_z.jpg

Here are some more crappy cell phone pics. Got some new Ultra Baja Corbeaus. These seem to be a big upgrade from the baja SS that were in my last buggy, and actually have a useable head rest.

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_seats.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Bypasses2.jpg

Say what?

Coolant for the radiator exits the motor and flows into fitting in the chassis, following the path of least resistance making its way through the shock hoops and rock rail and exiting into another hose that connects the the radiator.

Better now? :lol: :flipoff2:

Are those lower rear links aluminum with a steel wrap around bolted mount? I was thinking about doing that for my fronts. let me know.

My thinking is that unless you actually have a dedicated line running through the chassis tube, you will eventually have to deal with rust/corrosion....making your coolant all nasty.

Coolant for the radiator exits the motor and flows into fitting in the chassis, following the path of least resistance making its way through the shock hoops and rock rail and exiting into another hose that connects the the radiator.
Better now? :lol: :flipoff2:

My thinking is that unless you actually have a dedicated line running through the chassis tube, you will eventually have to deal with rust/corrosion....making your coolant all nasty.

CrawlWerks you're killing me. This thing will be in the scrap yard before that's a problem.

They don't make engine blocks out of rustable materials?

CrawlWerks you're killing me. This thing will be in the scrap yard before that's a problem.
They don't make engine blocks out of rustable materials?

touche sir....

it dosent matter, coolant has rust inhibitor in it. as long as you dont run straight water its cool

Back