My new go-faster buggy

Fair enough. I was unaware of this. I like the idea behind it, just seems like mild steel wouldn't be the optimal material for the concept... but it's good to know that the coolant will inhibit oxidation.

it dosent matter, coolant has rust inhibitor in it. as long as you dont run straight water its cool

CrawlWerks you're killing me. This thing will be in the scrap yard before that's a problem.
They don't make engine blocks out of rustable materials?
Thats a hell of a good idea, hot rodders have done much the same for years. Engine block castings however by nature do inhibit "some" rust since thay have a higher carbon content. The better the cast the more carbon, silicon, and graphite are intermingled into the casting. All non oxidizing elements.
I'd think your biggest issue is going to be cavitation or air locking the system.
You going to run a racing style 12 volt pump or standard belt driven system?
You might be able to pressurize or vac. fill the system like on newer cars where the filler has to be remotely mounted do to space restrictions. Your going to have a huge capacity and alot of welds to check out pre fill up!

Thats a hell of a good idea, hot rodders have done much the same for years. Engine block castings however by nature do inhibit "some" rust since thay have a higher carbon content. The better the cast the more carbon, silicon, and graphite are intermingled into the casting. All non oxidizing elements.
I'd think your biggest issue is going to be cavitation or air locking the system.
You going to run a racing style 12 volt pump or standard belt driven system?
You might be able to pressurize or vac. fill the system like on newer cars where the filler has to be remotely mounted do to space restrictions. Your going to have a huge capacity and alot of welds to check out pre fill up!

I don't think it'll be a problem. It wasn't a problem on my last one with only slightly different hose routing.

If it is we're gonna put small bleed ports at the top of each shock mount.

bleeders! duh simple

Water pump?

Stock water pump. Should push it no problem we believe. Seems push most everyone elses to a radiator in the back. Hoping it works out because it will save a lot of room and keep a much cleaner look.

update.....

Rolled it out for some sunlight yesterday. Not much progress but it's a roller.

Also took out the Baja SS's and got the Ultra's mounted up. Sat the passenger seat a little lower to allow taller co-drivers to pass tech no problem and to get another couple hundred pounds just a few inches lower.

Just waiting to hear from the customer for the next step...

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5176_5455341062_8e60d62f11_z.jpg

View attachment afarm6.static.flickr.com_5297_5455341298_b6921ecdfd_z.jpg

Big shock hoop in the back will be filled by a bypass.
afarm6.static.flickr.com_5055_5455341948_7027aa5abc_z.jpg

RHD?

I'm 90% sure I saw a RHD rig at the Hammers this year... one of those things where I wasn't quite paying attention, then realized later what I had seen.

Ought to be a whole lot easier to package a PS drop tcase and still have a footwell big enough to put your legs in.

Got a little more work done on this thing. I threw some extra bracing into the chassis while Will banged out a pretty sick radiator mount and gas tank mount. Simple has been the rule on most of this project but a little flare never hurt anyone. Looking to be throwing an interior in as the next round of work to be done.

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Ultra_204_20buggy_20build_0308111922.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Ultra_204_20buggy_20build_0309111812b.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Ultra_204_20buggy_20build_0307111952.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Ultra_204_20buggy_20build_0309111922.jpg

reminds me of a postal subaru. enjoy sunday's ride... unless you back then I'll take you seat.

Michael

About time some work got done on this thing. Looks good; it's amazing what a CNC plasma can do :lol:

Sheet...I free hand that.

you would think ya'll were hand extruding the tubing as well as long as its taking ya'll to finish this thing, hurry up!:fuck-you:

when are you going to start your winning 2012 KOH buggy at this rate?

looks good guys!

looks like its laser cut? :huggy:

Heh, if Will has the $$$ for a laser machine, Line-X and fab work is the wrong industry to get into.

Back