NC Bro-lite build

Does rosie and her sisters count? Pic of booster seat install please....

that said... I have not yet seen a person who actually just threw in the required stuff and went. Every build I've seen seems to be a complete gut/strip-down and re-build...
Nah...there were several trucks at the WVA bro lite race that were slap together trucks, but they were still having a blast out there racing.
Those folks were having as much fun ,or more, racing each other mid pack and back, as the guys up front.

Matt has been busy working on the Bro truck. He had to make under hood mounts for alot of stuff. Built a custom air filter set up, a mount for the overflow jug, and relay box mount.
2015110495111554.jpg
20151104_171626.jpg

Got the front bumper tied in.

Attachments

• 2015110495111546.jpg
    2015110495111546.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
2015102695152518-1-1.jpg
20151104_171639.jpg

The rear bumper coming together, along with some hood hinges and pins.

Its coming together nicely and Matt is doing an excellent job.
There's still several small things to do but we're getting closer to the Dream!

Last edited:
Any races closer then WV? A buddy and I think it would be fun to build one.

Not yet, but the entire reason I'm building this truck is in the hopes that others like you will build one and we can start racing in NC.

I absolutely encourage you and your buddy to build a Bro lite truck!

Help get this ball rolling!

Not yet, but the entire reason I'm building this truck is in the hopes that others like you will build one and we can start racing in NC.

I absolutely encourage you and your buddy to build a Bro lite truck!

Help get this ball rolling!

Got to get my build done first but we are on the look out for a 2.3 ranger now. Im sure we will be putting one together in the future, it looks like a blast!

Found a chance to run to Mt Airy to talk with Matt and snap a few update pics. Been so busy with work, my only chance was at 10:30 Friday night.
Matt has the steering wheel,shaft and 2 to 1 steering quickener in place. He also did a nice job on the master kill,on/off switch and starter button. All within easy reach for the driver and course workers if need be. Seat is all mounted up and has plenty of adjustability.
20151205_011912.jpg

20151205_011819.jpg
Got a little dove tail action in the rear. And I still might add some wheel spacers for a slightly wider stance and stability.
20151205_011645.jpg
Here's another rear pic. You can see the way the bedsides are mounted. Should be ply able enough to deflect a little..and if they do come loose, should tear away nicely and not be stuck dangling off the side.

Also shown in this pic, you can see where the battery will be mounted. Just behind the cab,down low. ( you can see the optima red top hiding there.)Unfortunately, you can't see the sweet battery box that Drew Johnson @WARRIORWELDING built for this truck. (I'll get a better pic of that later) The idea is to mount it to the right to help offset the drivers weight on the left side. It's our attempt at keeping balance. Plan is to mount a passenger seat for ride alongs, but make it easily removable for racing.

Last edited:
20151205_011711.jpg
Matt went the extra mile and instead of welding the doors shut, he took a more sensable approach and added 5 nutserts per door. The bed is also mounted with nutserts. Which will definatly make interior servicing alot easier.
20151205_015042.jpg
Closer pic of bed hangers with nutserts.
20151205_011657.jpg
Rear bumper with added protection for the fuel cell. Also helps to hang some weight out back down low. Maybe this will help with traction and level flights!
While I was there, Matt and I were pondering the weight of this truck. Matt says he believes it will be 2k or so. All I know is that we were able to grab the rear bumper and lift the rear tires off the ground rather easily. It will probably fly like a lawn dart.:D

Last edited:
If you're going to keep the doors, why not keep them hinged and add and extra external latch or something to make them easy to open when needed?
Do the regs required them to be fixed?

Back