NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

8203ca0efd901f0f411932d5bcbde80d.png

Plan is to get him in early bow season. Pretty sure this is the same buck that everyone caught glimpses of all last year but no one could get a clean shot at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8203ca0efd901f0f411932d5bcbde80d.png

Plan is to get him in early bow season. Pretty sure this is the same buck that everyone caught glimpses of all last year but no one could get a clean shot at him.

Are those tumors?

Ya from what we can tell it’s got tumors or deer warts. First one we have seen with any on them

I saw a small buck w them years ago, they were all over it's neck and face/eyes. I doubt the deer could see well and I wanted to put it out of it's misery. It was the last deer in a herd of a dozen led by a huge doe, that walked right by my stand. The big doe was 60 yrds past me when I drew on the buck, 20 yrds from my stand.She apparently winded me or saw me draw,she blew and all the deer bolted. In hindsight I should have shot her as she passed by.

I saw a small buck w them years ago, they were all over it's neck and face/eyes. I doubt the deer could see well and I wanted to put it out of it's misery. It was the last deer in a herd of a dozen led by a huge doe, that walked right by my stand. The big doe was 60 yrds past me when I drew on the buck, 20 yrds from my stand.She apparently winded me or saw me draw,she blew and all the deer bolted. In hindsight I should have shot her as she passed by.

We always try to get a big doe out of the herd each year, those old gals remember everything and see everything

Make sure to include them when you get him mounted

I probably won’t get a chance at him since I live so far away. My buddy that lives down there or his dad will probably be the ones to bag it. Strangely enough I’ve never killed a buck on any of the properties we hunt down there. But I also hunt for free or trade out honey so I don’t complain, I’ve let some smaller bucks walk knowing the kind of deer the properties hold.

Are those tumors?
No, it's a perforation guide :lol:

Honestly I thought it was some of kind of motion tagging artifact from the camera because of how they are lined up.

Nicknamed this guy bruiser, the last two years he has fought everything on the mountain, by the end of the season Last year he went from a small 8 to a busted up 5 point

Back