New thread.........right now

Just watched one of my heroes, Michael Jordan, talk about owning the NASCAR team that Bubba Wallace drives for. He was asked about the crowds booing Wallace.

He didn’t mention the “noose” incident or Wallace wearing BLM shirts and “I can’t breathe” hats but said he knew when he got into racing that he was walking into the heart of racism 😕

Clown world.

Just watched one of my heroes, Michael Jordan, talk about owning the NASCAR team that Bubba Wallace drives for. He was asked about the crowds booing Wallace.

He didn’t mention the “noose” incident or Wallace wearing BLM shirts and “I can’t breathe” hats but said he knew when he got into racing that he was walking into the heart of racism 😕

Clown world.
Maybe they should mention Bubba is so racist his wife is white....

Clown world.

I mean you disagree?

You think NASCAR's stereotypical crowd is the most inclusive group of folks around?

I mean you disagree?

You think NASCAR's stereotypical crowd is the most inclusive group of folks around?
Somehow, I knew you’d be the one 😄

I think nobody at the races was booing Bubba but were in fact cheering him until the noose incident and his controversial clothing choices.

This narrative that white people just simply don’t want “dem coloreds” in anything is just tired man. Everything looks like a nail something something.

As part of being in the dealership world for 20 years and then Snapon I was at countless NASCAR races since around 1990 and never saw anything but folks getting along.

I was at countless NASCAR races since around 1990 and never saw anything but white folks getting along.
FIFY :D

[this is a joke]

FIFY :D

[this is a joke]
I actually chuckled.

We had several black techs/salesmen who went to the races regularly in the group from the dealer. Our owner paid for everything every time and wrote it off so we all had a large time. Pit passes, GM courtesy tent, lots of food and even took a dealership van as transportation. Good times and the world seemed much more sane back then.

Somehow, I knew you’d be the one 😄

I think nobody at the races was booing Bubba but were in fact cheering him until the noose incident and his controversial clothing choices.

This narrative that white people just simply don’t want “dem coloreds” in anything is just tired man. Everything looks like a nail something something.

As part of being in the dealership world for 20 years and then Snapon I was at countless NASCAR races since around 1990 and never saw anything but folks getting along.

Ive never been a snap on rep but I was a huge Nascar fan. From around 94 ~05 I never missed a race at Martinsville, Wilkesboro, Bristol, Darlington and went to several Charlotte, Daytona, Talladega. I dont know an exact number but Id bet it was in the 200 range of nascar couting cup and busch series races Ive been to.

And while I 100% agree no every race fan is a racist, and not even most are.
But you can't honestly suggest there isn't a substantial population (and I mean 10x the normal population) of outright racists at the events.
Heck I even rememeber being young and laughing at the "no name trailers" - if you went to races as a fan and wandered around the merch trailers you know what I am taking about. You had the driver trailers and then youd have the solid white enclosed trailer selling non-trademarked merchandise. There would always be a few with the edgy stuff.
'Original boys in the hood'
'aint prejudice - never met one I liked'
'wear your (malcolm)X and I will wear mine'
Even shirts with just the N word on them.

..and they'd sell a ton.

I even remember one year at Martinsville a guy selling Klan "suits" had a dept store model/dummy out front in one and all. People were taking pictures and while many more were rolling their eyes than standing in line to buy - no one opposed it.

So yea. If I was MJ walking into that environment I'd have had my guard up as well.

Do you know who Richie Parker is? (If not google him and watch an amazing story)

He's a co-worker and close friend of a dude I grew up with as one of my 3 or 4 closest friends. You should hear the stories he tells about his treatment. How Papa Rick hired him a personal bodyguard when he was going to the track and how eventualy he just quit traveling. Because of the way he was treated. How when he was interviewed for various pieces NASCAR sent a PR spokesperson to make sure he knew what to say and what not to say if asked directly about race etc.

Now that said - I agree with you also - to a point.
I definitely think its became too vogue to cry racism. To insist everything is racist. And in doing so it has actually diminished attention from actual overt racism in the world.

But if you suggest a NASCAR race was the most welcoming and diverse an base- then you are just being intentionally obtuse in my opinion

@Ron just like any other cross section of Americans there are sure to be a few assholes in any group. Sure I remember that stuff. I also remember blacks and whites sitting together drinking beer and yelling at the drivers together. Today, after it’s been sanitized, those races are about as benign as going to a concert or festival or the movies; where again I don’t see this racism.

MJ saying the reason Bubba is now being booed is “because racism” is being intentionally obtuse. He was universally liked before his shenanigans. All people, in general, don’t care for fake race baiting bullspit like claiming a doorpull was a noose left to make “me feel marginalized“. People don’t forget that crap.

As far as the past and racist things being sold by venders, seems it either wasn’t an issue back then (because people were less of a Vjay) or the officials didn’t believe it to be. Why, I remember “faggot” being used in movies and music played on the actual radio and the N word being on countless albums by black artists….nobody cared. Now everybody thinks it more virtuous to be a victim than a warrior. More important to manufacture outrage than solve real problems.

Sad state of affairs.

Can we all just agree that women have no place in NASCAR...

(tongue in cheek comment is tongue in cheek)
:rolleyes:

Somebody's gotta cook and clean for the real fans, dumbass.

Can we all just agree that women have no place in NASCAR...

(tongue in cheek comment is tongue in cheek)
Miss Winston HELLLL-o-o-

@Ron just like any other cross section of Americans there are sure to be a few assholes in any group. Sure I remember that stuff. I also remember blacks and whites sitting together drinking beer and yelling at the drivers together. Today, after it’s been sanitized, those races are about as benign as going to a concert or festival or the movies; where again I don’t see this racism.

MJ saying the reason Bubba is now being booed is “because racism” is being intentionally obtuse. He was universally liked before his shenanigans. All people, in general, don’t care for fake race baiting bullspit like claiming a doorpull was a noose left to make “me feel marginalized“. People don’t forget that crap.

As far as the past and racist things being sold by venders, seems it either wasn’t an issue back then (because people were less of a Vjay) or the officials didn’t believe it to be. Why, I remember “faggot” being used in movies and music played on the actual radio and the N word being on countless albums by black artists….nobody cared. Now everybody thinks it more virtuous to be a victim than a warrior. More important to manufacture outrage than solve real problems.

Sad state of affairs.
My point is that the percentage at a nascar show was substantially higher than the percentage in a cross section of normal day to day life.

I dunno...to me I look at it like Myrtle Beach. Im sure there are some good folks there, but almost all the trash I dont want to associate with go there so ill skip the town and miss the few good and all the bad...same crowd really

My point is that the percentage at a nascar show was substantially higher than the percentage in a cross section of normal day to day life.

I dunno...to me I look at it like Myrtle Beach. Im sure there are some good folks there, but almost all the trash I dont want to associate with go there so ill skip the town and miss the few good and all the bad...same crowd really
Well..... @ponykilr was just in MB.....

Well..... @ponykilr was just in MB.....

6C7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1.jpg

Probably one of the most important non gratifying large expenditures I have made, yep, it’s a roof. Without it, you have nothing.
Mine was done 2 weeks ago.
You are a a absolutely correct. When I bout the house 20 year’s ago, I knew I would have to put a roof on. Last couple of years it has really been on my mind. It will be great to pull In now and know I will not have to do this again in my lifetime!
5AF34BB2-C89E-403F-B9D2-86C81D5F093C.jpeg

070A4973-5AB0-4785-91D7-D99397D98BD4.jpeg

8B4B709E-0407-4F7A-B17A-71193750A184.jpeg

Some f*n asshat decided to pull a hit and run on my Silverado at some point last night. Definitely happened while I was grocery shopping or at TSC.
Anywho.... You can see the slide marks across the front bumper where their car glanced off. It was hard enough to push the driver side corner an inch+ in.
IMG_20211013_180406_hdr.jpg

Gimme a good reason to play with my Smittybuilt, why don't ya? Dick. Hope you enjoyed my tow hook. :lol:
IMG_20211013_180253_hdr.jpg

IMG_20211013_180325_hdr.jpg

Some f*n asshat decided to pull a hit and run on my Silverado at some point last night. Definitely happened while I was grocery shopping or at TSC.
Anywho.... You can see the slide marks across the front bumper where their car glanced off. It was hard enough to push the driver side corner an inch+ in. View attachment 359196
Gimme a good reason to play with my Smittybuilt, why don't ya? Dick. Hope you enjoyed my tow hook. :lol:
View attachment 359197
View attachment 359198
Time for a bigger bumper?

Life as a band parent.
Sitting through a terrible football game and giving up you whole night 5-1030 so you can push pit equipment around and listen to the moms Bitch about their husbands and the dad's Bitch about their jobs.
20211014_212956.jpg
20211014_213413.jpg

I'm just glad my ASD kid is doing normal kid stuff

Back