Nitro Gear clearance sale

F'n A.

I was absolutely livid today that my card got compromised along with my phone and email because I got an email with 4 tickets from the Georgia Aquarium with my name/phone/email/CC number, and 3 emails with a total of 6 tickets for Legoland, CA (@mbalbritton I got my eye on you...). I am extremely relieved to at least know the source.

The FIRST thing I did was call the wife and make sure she didn't book me a surprise trip to Legoland Cali...
The second thing I did was call the CC company and cancel the card.
The 3rd thing I did was call the Georgia Aquarium at 12:40 and cancel my 4 tickets for 1pm. I'm not 100% convinced that it happen, but they did seem to halfway care and follow through with a callback from their management 2hrs later.
The fourth thing I did was call Legoland and cancel those tickets. That one was a little more phone tag, and the first person didn't really care, but the 2nd and 3rd dudes were super helpful, and while 2 of the tickets had already been redeemed, the other 4 got cancelled and invalidated! šŸ˜ I would love to be present when those thieving MF'ers went to redeem their tickets and got denied. It probably doesn't make much difference, but at least there was a hint of justice served! :flipoff:
Nah they sold those tickets to unsuspecting tourists and somewhere a kid is crying because his thrifty dad thought he found a great deal.

Nah they sold those tickets to unsuspecting tourists and somewhere a kid is crying because his thrifty dad thought he found a great deal.
As right as you may be, I'm still too principled to sit idly by and let the banks do nothing.

F'n A.

I was absolutely livid today that my card got compromised along with my phone and email because I got an email with 4 tickets from the Georgia Aquarium with my name/phone/email/CC number, and 3 emails with a total of 6 tickets for Legoland, CA (@mbalbritton I got my eye on you...). I am extremely relieved to at least know the source.

The FIRST thing I did was call the wife and make sure she didn't book me a surprise trip to Legoland Cali...
The 3rd thing I did was call the Georgia Aquarium at 12:40 and cancel my 4 tickets for 1pm. I'm not 100% convinced that it happen, but they did seem to halfway care and follow through with a callback from their management 2hrs later.
The fourth thing I did was call Legoland and cancel those tickets. That one was a little more phone tag, and the first person didn't really care, but the 2nd and 3rd dudes were super helpful, and while 2 of the tickets had already been redeemed, the other 4 got cancelled and invalidated! šŸ˜ I would love to be present when those thieving MF'ers went to redeem their tickets and got denied. It probably doesn't make much difference, but at least there was a hint of justice served! :flipoff:
All those calls and not a one to Nitro Gear to say, "Hey somebody is stealing your CC info."...

All those calls and not a one to Nitro Gear to say, "Hey somebody is stealing your CC info."...
Well, for starters, at that time, I did not have that information. ;) Also, the info breach was in the past and was not able to be reversed or rectified. The others still had 1pm ticket times, so I had time reconcile it to the best of my abilities. I do plan to call both Nitro and my bank to notify them of the common thread.

F'n A.

Can't belive I have to cancel my flight out of ATl to Carlsbad CA, some asshat, canceled all my reservations. They family was soo looking forward to our only family vacation of the year.

Someone tried to get $1200 worth of tickets through ticketmaster on my card. Thankfully they sent a fraud verification text and email and I denied the charges and had a new card sent.

I also got emails with two invoices for two parts of my order, which have arrived, but I'm still missing about 5 things.

Duane

F'n A.

1691119593286.png

I really don't know why you.guys are getting so bent about Ga Aquarium tickets. We went Tuesday before the braves game and had a fabulous time. The whale sharks are very impressive. Y'all need to live a little

I got fraudulent charges this morning

How was the aquarium?
Pretty awesome. Been to the NC aquariums and the SC one at Charleston and the Ga one blows them out of the water. My boys are 4 and 6 and had a great time. Go first thing in the morning before all the foreign tourists show up though. It was like being in an international airport after around 12

Pretty awesome. Been to the NC aquariums and the SC one at Charleston and the Ga one blows them out of the water. My boys are 4 and 6 and had a great time. Go first thing in the morning before all the foreign tourists show up though. It was like being in an international airport after around 12
Chattanooga Aquairium blows them all away IMO

The behind the scenes tour in Atlanta Aquarium is pretty awesome.

Same here.... I bought through each site using Paypal, but also had to purchase using CC because PP wouldnt work. A few days later I got charges from Crate&Barrel and Jacks Small Engines. CC caught the charge from Jacks but not C&B. Got a new one in the mail.

Edit: Just went back to look at it again. When I purchased from them using just the CC, it would accept one CC, so I had to use a different. The one that was hacked was NOT the one that I paid direct. Not sure where the number was hacked, but all the good charges in the history were through AMZ or PP.

Last edited:
Edit: Just went back to look at it again. When I purchased from them using just the CC, it would accept one CC, so I had to use a different. The one that was hacked was NOT the one that I paid direct. Not sure where the number was hacked, but all the good charges in the history were through AMZ or PP.
Now that you mention this, I seem to recall having to put in the CC info twice because something blipped or didn't go through the first time. Now it is obvious why...

Back