Offroad race in near lowes motor speedway

Just out of curiosity, does this place have more than one entrance? I remember a place a long time ago that was beside Lowes speedway that was massive and i know it had an entrance on hudspeth and one over near HWY 49. But IIRC, I think lowes speedway owened this property and it was iilegal to ride. I drove down Hudspeth today and saw at least 4 gravel roads, does this one have a red metal gate blocking it?

No there's only one way in that I know of, but he did tell me that sometime recently he sold some land to the development company that was building the golf course on 49 across from napa and he also sold some to the water treatment place on 29. I guess that means that at one time there could have been 2 entrances.
I actually rode down Hudspeth today and noticed that there were like 4 driveways that looked the same also. There is no gate visible at his driveway that I remember. I think that the sign at his place is White and broken down and says something about an rv park because when you get about halfway down it theres a small park with a bunch of rv's parked in it. Tomorrow I will ride back through and get you an answer for sure. I know the first time I went it was a pain in the ass to locate. One way to tell where it is for sure is that there's a brick house to the left of his driveway with a massive rock right behind it. I mean this is a huge rock it's almost half the size of the house and like 10 feet from it.
He emailed fliers today to all the people that registered at the last race today. Him and his wife are supposed to be going around puting them up at local stores like advance auto and autozone and who knows where else so you might want to keep an eye out for one. His place is pretty legit I just hate that he's not doing more to advertise. That why I offered to put it on here for him. I know hearing it second hand for you guys makes it a little sketchy but is a pretty good event.
Oh and one thing he added on the flier that he hadn't told me is that if He doesn't have 10 people enter to race he wont even have a race. So I would assume that means that for all the spectators that show up they will be able to play around for a while because he will most likely have a big turnout who payed $5 to just watch and most of which have trucks. Atleats thats the way it was last time.

Gotcha! I know exactly where the place is. Its right after the first curve if you coming from 29 IIRC. I cant wait to check it out! Im sure there would be a ton of guys willing to pay to take their rigs out there on weekends as well.

I sure hope so. You need to bring all your buddies and spread the word about it. I just hope enough people enter to race that he gets to do it again. Thats why Im entering. I cant even run close to fast enough to beat some of these guys but he said he needs ten so at least I can say I did my part. And just in case people were wondering you register the morning of. He doesnt have a pre-registration. Hope to see you there. What kind of rigs are you guys that are coming gonna bring.

Man I sure dont have his address. Your probably needing it for your GPS aren't you. I just tried to call him and he didn't answer. Ill see what I can do.

Rockcrawler do you happen to know what the name of the race shop across from this place is. I know there's a shop right across from it and I can't remember what it is. If we can figure out what it is I can just post that address. Maybe waltrip racing?

Ok I cant get Andy right now but this is the race shop across the street from his place
6900 Hudspeth Rd
Harrisburg, NC 28075

Thes race is at
6815 Hudspeth Rd
Harrisburg, NC 28075
The sign at his driveway is white and says Rv sites. It has a smaller sign on top of it with a long red arrow pointing down the driveway. If your are coming from 29 and turn on hudspeth at the shell station The road will make a slight curve to the right and then a hard curve to the left. His driveway will be on your right in the middle of the left hand curve.

Next weekend the Charlotte Meet up group that I'm apart of is heading up there with him to scout out trails. Were meeting around 3pm on saturday the 7th at tarheel 4wd and riding up.

Sweet how many people you bringing. Thats the weekend I was thinking asking if I could come too. Maybe Ill see ya there.

Im not a member of that group, but could I tag along? Id love to help out/check out the trails. Any word on how many people have entered to race yet. If you guys have to have another person race, i may be able to but would rather not. Mine is built for rocks and goin sloooow!

I dont know how many are entering yet but Im in the same boat as you my rig is built for creepin on rocks. I'm only entering so that Andy can hopefully have enough entrants to keep it going. I'll be goining half as fast as the everyone else. You should come out and just run for fun like me. Besides entering will let you get to know Andy better and maybe he'll let us come out to play more. Im not in the group thats coming out either but Im gonna call him in the next couple of says and see if he minds if I come out too. I'll post as soon as I find out and let you know if we can. If you call him yourself Im sure he wouldn't mind. I really wanna get out there and see the entire property and see what we can make out of it.

The Charlotte meet up group is free to join and all are welcome to come, I figure the more that show up the better as it will show just how much interest there is in making this thing happen.

^^ Good deal. I just joined the meet up group! Im becoming more and more inclined to race thanks to you guys!

What time do you guys think you will get to Andy's saturday. My wife just informed me that I HAVE to be at Cheesecake factory at 6:30 that night. I may try to meet you at his place in my everyday driver just to take a look a the place for a while.

Ill be there as soon as everyone else wants to get there. I dont have anything to do in the morning/afternoon so im open for whenever.....as long as its not super early.

Everyone is meeting over at tar heel at 3. I have to work so I probably will just go to tarheel and might not make it over to his house. Not sure how long everyone plans on hanging around tarheel.

Back