Offroad race in near lowes motor speedway

I don't see why we couldn't do something like that. I'm sure after this weekend there will still be plenty to do. I'll run that Idea by Andy and see what he says. Is the Charlotte meet and greet still at UNCC. I have read through the pages of replies on the thread and cant really figure out where it's at now. I'd love to attend if its that close to me.
Sunday Andy called me all excited. He was walking along Mallard Creek at the very bottom of his property and found a big pile of rocks. I'm not sure how big yet but maybe it'll be something good hopefully we can check it out this saturday.

The meet up group is more active when Uwharrie is open as we plan rides there. The people who meet out at UNCC are technically 49er Offroad. 49er Offroad is open to anyone willing to show up same as the meet up group so the meet up group was extended the invitation to come meet with us 49er's. 49er Offroad meets every other Friday at 7pm. I haven't been since we started are new semester so I can't remember which Friday is the other.
The Meet up group usually fuctions on line and meet up events are planned through it. This Saturday the meet up group will be meeting at Tarheel 4wd at 3pm then heading over to Andy's. Thanks to Mars Fab however, me and some others will be heading over at 9am to help get some extra work done. So far there are 3/4 others comming with me to go help Mars Fab and others on here so we should have a good morning crew.
As far as future work days go the 3/4 that are coming with me are usually good to go most anytime. I'm not in charge of the meet up group so I can't post events on there but I can inform Tim about them. He is leading the event at Tarheel so everyone can talk to him about getting the larger portion of the group involved.

Cool deal. That helps. I guess I'll try to get to the meet up at UNCC then. Yea Andy said the guy heading up the group coming from tarheel was named Tim. I guess I'll get to meet all you guys Saturday and I'm looking foward to it. Hopefully I'll be able to stick around till everyone shows up from tarheel so I can meet them too. Hmm. Looks like we might need to start planning huge opening weekend trip to Uwharrie.

^^ For sure. The UNCC club I think kind of stopped meeting after uwharrie closed. At least I think so, as i havent heard anything else about it. Well Ill be at Andy's about 9 this saturday ready to work and wheel. If that rock pile is any good, that would be awesome!

^^ For sure. The UNCC club I think kind of stopped meeting after uwharrie closed. At least I think so, as i havent heard anything else about it. Well Ill be at Andy's about 9 this saturday ready to work and wheel. If that rock pile is any good, that would be awesome!
Ya, I think I remember seeing you up there in that good looking little 4 bannger you got. I'm not sure if there still meeting or not, I haven't talked to John since before break. I now there were only around three of us showing up when it got cold in December. Nobody wanted to go stand in a circle and talk out the cold I guess :rolleyes:
x3 on the Uwharrie ride idea. I'll be itching to go tear that place up. Should have my new rear D44 installed by then so I need to check it for "weak points" :driver:

Can someone in charge of this PM me? I would like to help out Sat but am at work and dont have time to read through all this. I have a new chainsaw I would like to use and need firewood anyway and dont mind lending a hand/wheeling. Just give me some details on the clearing Sat and race the next weekend. thanks a lot!

PM'd ya with all the info i know. If you have any more questions, I believe MarsFab is the main man in charge. Hope it helps.

yeah I assume the 49r club will meet more often when it warms up and/or URE is back open. I'm not too enthused about the Friday 7pm timeslots. I'd Rather it be something like a good work weekend or trail ride, but it aint my deal. And I think dude we met kinda backed out because of school. NBD. I'm almost a decade out of college ha ha ha...
Anyhow, I'm gonna catch up with you boys in Concord soon.
All I gotta do is roll down 73. If I can get a break this weekend, you might see me out there.

Woo Hoo I can't wait!!! If anyone is interested a few of us are meeting at Harrisburg Family Restaurant on hwy 49 in the morning at 8:00 for breakfast. Hopefully we'll beat the crowd. You can post tonight and let me know or just be there in the morning it doesn't matter. I look forward to meeting everyone in the morning.

Theres 4 of us meeting at UNCC at around 8:30. Not sure if I can get the time changed for everyone but well be at Andy's at 9.

Whos all meeting at UNCC?

Only person you might know would be tim, he's got a Green 99 XJ with 31's like mine. My friend Joesph in his TJ and my buddy Clay is riding shot guy with me. So there's 4 of us pluss you, mars fab and andy. So that should make at least 7 of us in the morning. So we should be able to get a good start, someone just make sure to bring a camera. See ya'll in the morning.

My friends trey and Franky will also be there in there sammy's. So including me that means nine I believe. Oh and H&H's buddy I think his name was Miles will be there with his bobcat and I dont know if he's bringing his rig or not. 10

Only person you might know would be tim, he's got a Green 99 XJ with 31's like mine. My friend Joesph in his TJ and my buddy Clay is riding shot guy with me. So there's 4 of us pluss you, mars fab and andy. So that should make at least 7 of us in the morning. So we should be able to get a good start, someone just make sure to bring a camera. See ya'll in the morning.
Yep, I remember Tim. Well, see you guys in a few hours!

I just wanna say a BIG thanks to everyone for coming out today and showing your support. I think andy's farm is gonna turn out to be a great thing. For everyone I got to meet It was nice to meet all of you, and for the guys that didn't get to do a whole lot we're working on trying to get it where you can. It's just gonna take a little time and your input on what you'd like to see. We hope for the place to be something for everyone. I look forward to seeing you all at the race next weekend.

Guys, this was awesome today! I had a ton of fun riding and meeting with everyone. I ant to thank andy for allowing us to come out and make new trails and ride around. I love that rock climb we got done and cant wait to try it when its wet. See everyone next week!

It was nice of me to meet everyone today. I'll see you all next week, and hopefully more people will have the pleasure of meeting me. ;)
Seriously, this place has tons of potential. I'm excited at the possibilities. Thank you Andy!

I took a few pics.
Not many.
spent most of the day trying to get my front axle to engage and said F it.... thanks to Frank in the Zuk for driving me around.
Nice to meet some new faces and put some names with some others I've seen online.
Big thanks to Andy for making this happen.
I'll definitely be PM'ing Chris in the future to come and help out.
I didn't get pictures of the rocky hill climb but I did see one Jeep get up. But of course that was Rockcrawler1832 rig.
That's a nice obstacle. Short but good incline.
There was a group of mostly stock or mild lift Jeeps that rolled out there a little later in the day... my guess is from tarheel 4wd. There's a ton of potential in this place the terrain is hilly and there is a creek that a lifted Ranger got stuck and winched out. Mostly the place is smooth, you really don't need 4wd in a lot of places if you're locked.
And yes Ricky I took pics of the mud for ya.
Lookin forward to seein yall in the future.
alh3.ggpht.com__TQrq1VUJHDA_SY4w8_KBNRI_AAAAAAAAEvs_PN9g1sIX0A4_s800_DSC01995.JPG

alh3.ggpht.com__TQrq1VUJHDA_SY4w8htOFpI_AAAAAAAAEvk_NpEePwbtFh8_s800_DSC01996.JPG

alh5.ggpht.com__TQrq1VUJHDA_SY4w8gRQLhI_AAAAAAAAEvc_GfDBD1Z_MMU_s800_DSC01997.JPG

alh6.ggpht.com__TQrq1VUJHDA_SY4w8syZgkI_AAAAAAAAEvU_orIIIIBk_BM_s800_DSC01998.JPG

alh3.ggpht.com__TQrq1VUJHDA_SY4w8UFbz2I_AAAAAAAAEvM_rC4uX_fQ72U_s800_DSC01999.JPG

Ricky, I rutted out the creek for ya a little bit.

picture.php

Nice meeting ya'll!

Back