Offroad race in near lowes motor speedway

I think Im gona bring the big camera and take a few hundred pictures out there saturday. Are any of you guys planning on racing? If you are let me know so I can be sure to get some pics of you.

Everyone is meeting over at tar heel at 3. I have to work so I probably will just go to tarheel and might not make it over to his house. Not sure how long everyone plans on hanging around tarheel.
Is that this Saturday (1/31) or next Saturday (2/7)?

Just curious...Is there any chance we will be able to do any wheeling or pre-run the track this saturday (the 7th)?

Just curious...Is there any chance we will be able to do any wheeling or pre-run the track this saturday (the 7th)?

Well probably ride the track not sure about racing it. But as stated the schedule is:

Saturday the 31st - Nothing
Saturday the 7th - Tarheel 4wd at 3pm
Saturday the 14th - Race, be there BEFORE 9am

If your coming from concord and going straight to andy's Id like to meet you there then. The jeep guys are meeting at 3 at tarheel so I would assume they should be at his place by 4 or earlier. I wouldnt mind meeting you over there at say 3:30 or so. Would you be interested in that H&H? If so let me know and I'll see you there.

If you have talked to Andy and he says thats fine I'd be glad to meet earlier. I haven't talked to him yet about the 7th
I thik sylfox has done all the arranging for this scout trip. Im not sure how 3 o'clock was decided on whether it was because Andy wanted to do it then or if the meetup group did. It doesnt matter to me. If Andy says we can come earlier I'd love too. That may mean I get to bring my rig out instead of my everyday driver. Just let me know I'll be there whenever.

Ok myself and marsfab (Chris) met up with Andy today to ck out the land and I must say this place has some potential for more than just an off road race but it will take some work. there some nice gullies to play in and a NICE "hill climb" if you will chunks of concrete and big rocks. Chris will post up later with WORK DAY and time info so lets make this place happen.

Man sounds like I missed out, I'd love to see some pics...

Also the meet up on the 7th is being organized by the meet up group. Tim is in charge of that as far as I know. You can talk to him via the meetup group. I'm just helping get the word out. I have not personally talked to Andy as I plan on meeting him on the 7th. I'm not sure if it's just Tim and the rest of us meeting up at Tarheel or if Andy will be there too. I would asume Mars and H&H talked to Andy today and might know the full details better than I.

Ok myself and marsfab (Chris) met up with Andy today to ck out the land and I must say this place has some potential for more than just an off road race but it will take some work. there some nice gullies to play in and a NICE "hill climb" if you will chunks of concrete and big rocks. Chris will post up later with WORK DAY and time info so lets make this place happen.
Sounds good. Cant wait till next weekend to check this place out.

OK for you guys who are coming out at on the 7th and anyone else interested. When me and H&H met with Andy This weekend we decided it would be a good idea to already have some more obstacles and trails started for the race on the 14 so people could get an idea of what was gonna be out there. So on the seventh at 9am we are gonna meet out there and start work on some stuff. One guy is supposed to be bringing a bobcat with a bush hog and Andy has a backhoe. We are gonna try not to take any trees that we dont have to. It looks like mostly what we will need is machete's or loppers and maybe a chainsaw or two. Pretty much bring what you got cause we might need it.
You can bring your rig to wheel if you like because we're gonna need to know how what we're makin works.

If we could get everyone to post up for the work time it would be great to know about how many will be coming to help and if you are bringing your rig or not. I am going to be there with my rig. If any of the meet up guys want to come out early you are more than welcome, to come and help if you want.

Ill be there. Ill bring my chainsaw if I can get it to work as well. Ill definately bring my rig and will probably be there earlier as well. If we meet around 3.30, that only gives us about 2 hrs of good work time before it gets dark, so maybe meeting earlier is a good idea.

Ya, I have to work that afternoon so meeting at 9am sounds great to me. I'll be there and will be in the jeep. I don't have any ax's or anything but I can always help throw some logs around or move them with the jeep and as always test run the trails :driver:

9am sounds like a plan. I should be there with the bronco to help out where I can.

So 9 a.m. it is unless your with the group meeting at tarheel right?

On the 14th the race will begin shortly after 9 am. You must be at Andy's by nine because the gate will be locked. All the info on the race is in my original post at the begining of this thread. Let me know if you have any questions. And for anyone racing don't forget your helmet

I'd like to come out and lend a hand but gotta work on the house this weekend.
Just throwing it out there.... but if there is still work that needs to be done after this weekend on his land, do you think we can merge this with the 'charlotte meet and greet' and make it a work/meet weekend for the future?

Give us something to do and meet people too.
just wanted to throw that out there...
:beer:

Back