On to the next one: Bronco build

Looking great, jealous for sure. Those switches/outlets not being inline would mess with my OCD though.
Yeah, I had to switch out the smaller box last minute for the switch and had to work with what I had for wire and needed to move the outlet out of the way of the column. Had to make it work.

Slowly working on getting walls in so I can get my loft for storage up and section off our home gym room. Got the lift square and level and up. Got the wires ran and the hydraulics ran, waiting on a fitting that wasn’t in the parts that came with it so I can finish it. Also picked up the latest project. A 1970 Bronco that belonged to @NC-Fordguy. I had spent many hours working on it with him in the years before he passed and being able to bring it across the finish line and get it onto the trails is something I am looking forward to. This will become our wheeler and the “big” bronco will just be a cruise around town truck and some more open 4wheeling stuff. Ready to get the lift finished up so I can finish the floors and get the loft up so I can get some of my stuff out of the house.

Attachments

• 558B1856-302D-4F4E-80C4-BE5267B57D74.jpeg
    558B1856-302D-4F4E-80C4-BE5267B57D74.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 100
  • D2F4A6AE-E9F4-4488-A609-85B9975D8832.jpeg
    D2F4A6AE-E9F4-4488-A609-85B9975D8832.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 94
  • 1E29CAAD-A20E-4840-81D8-53E8BFF09D2D.jpeg
    1E29CAAD-A20E-4840-81D8-53E8BFF09D2D.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 365A662A-27AE-4952-B919-435D9EBFD66F.jpeg
    365A662A-27AE-4952-B919-435D9EBFD66F.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 95
  • 6700493B-7B42-439E-AA4A-D2BEE0A9DE1E.jpeg
    6700493B-7B42-439E-AA4A-D2BEE0A9DE1E.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 99
  • BED1B489-94E4-4F39-A2F7-D75777259D1C.jpeg
    BED1B489-94E4-4F39-A2F7-D75777259D1C.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 99
  • DB9661DD-F14D-4C6E-9E60-8BCA9064BDE9.jpeg
    DB9661DD-F14D-4C6E-9E60-8BCA9064BDE9.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 93
After much debate and heartache, I think it's time we will end up posting the 1986 Bronco up for sale. With putting all my effort into my 1970 it simply sits around and isn't driven any. Still needs some buttoning up that I will probably tinker on and slowly raise the price as I button it up. Currently need to replace the fuel pump (borrowed it for my sniper install on the 1970) and some leaks buttoned up. Front driveshaft to use 4x4 and the tune needs to be finished. NC4x4 price is 12k. I'll be working on putting together a for sale ad over the next few days. Probably listing on facebook for 15k. I'll probably work on throwing a universal harness in it the meantime to take the LS off the toggle switch and fuel pump if it doesn't sell fast (not expecting it to). And I will probably end up sending the computer off for a complete tune as well. But figured I'd throw it out there for anybody interested in a full size one ton, ls swapped bronco.

Got the Factory Wiring stripped out and started figuring out the pinouts for the ignition. I could have just tied an extra wire in and gotten it working, but I figure I am going to go through with replacing the main chassis harness so I can relocated the LS PCM to the interior and chase out the battery leech. Hoping to have the new harness in this week and will probably start on getting the 4L80e leak chased out. Hoping it sells sooner than later though so I can start spending money on some planned projects on the smaller bronco.

Got the main trunk of the new harness routed and figured out. Need to get some new plugs on the lighting and route power to everything to test the ignition switch. then it will be on to relocating the LS PCM and changing the transmission pan gasket to hopefully chase out that leak.

Got the bronco running off the ignition switch and replacing the trans pan gasket and oil drain plug. 3 of the issues knocked out at least. Still gotta tidy up the wiring and get the interior back together.

As soon as we got the transmission pan gasket resealed, the connector on the side started leaking. Have that part ordered. Now to drop the fluid again and refill the trans

As soon as we got the transmission pan gasket resealed, the connector on the side started leaking. Have that part ordered. Now to drop the fluid again and refill the trans
Got the internal harness replaced and everything refilled. Wiring to the rear is complete just need to test and loom. Then to finish front light wiring and get the dash back together. I might end up replacing the battery before it sells. Battery isn’t holding a charge but alternator is putting out full voltage and I’m disconnecting the electrical system when it is off but it’s still draining down. Still cranks immediately when jumped though. Might replace it if it doesn’t sell soon.

Got the battery replaced, but with little interest in the truck i've been losing the energy to finish the few things left with the wiring harness. Still need to button up the interior lighting, radio/ac control wiring and the indicator lights. Nothing crazy just haven't had the energy. Got the shop cleaned this week though so maybe i'll find some energy to climb in and get some stuff done.

Got the battery replaced, but with little interest in the truck i've been losing the energy to finish the few things left with the wiring harness. Still need to button up the interior lighting, radio/ac control wiring and the indicator lights. Nothing crazy just haven't had the energy. Got the shop cleaned this week though so maybe i'll find some energy to climb in and get some stuff done.
Ordered a new sending unit to get a fuel gauge put in. I’ll probably end up putting some simple gauges in (oil pressure temp and fuel) also probably going to send the ecu off for a tune and raise the asking price.

Got the sending unit replaced and tested. Of course the 33 gallon tank was 3/4+ full when I dropped it. That was a chore getting it back in place but she's back. Got a pigtail coming next week and building a small dash panel for fuel and oil pressure and incorporating a phone mount for the gauges.

Got the dash put together wired and installed. Will have a magnetic phone mount in between the gauges for the phone to run the other gauges. Got the crossmember modified to clear a driveshaft, if it doesn’t sell I may see about getting an f350 driveshaft modified to fit to save some money. Computer just got to the tuner so hopefully that will be back sometime late next week or the week after. Buttoning up stereo wiring and interior lights.

Attachments

• IMG_5096.jpeg
    IMG_5096.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 59
Wiring is done. Got the interior trim back in place bad working on cleaning it up until the pcm comes back from tuning. Got the magnetic phone mount in place for the main gauges. Will be pulling it out once the computer comes in and park it by the road with a for sale sign on it.

Attachments

• IMG_5104.jpeg
    IMG_5104.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5106.jpeg
    IMG_5106.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 56
Got the computer replaced in the bronco and the shocks swapped over. Took it for a 20-25 minute cruise truck ran great no bogs or dips. Temps held steady. Trans got warm but nothing crazy considering the temp outside today and the route I took. This is probably the first time I’ve driven it in the summer. Hopefully it sells so I can invest in some other projects.

Got an offer on the bronco today, this 7.3 OBS f-250 368k miles on it. Guy wants an even trade but I don’t think it’s a very even trade. Wanted to get some others opinions because maybe I’m wrong or being blind. Not saying this bronco is a gem, but still.

Attachments

• 6D7F6615-4645-4FD5-AF71-54FB53B7F4E6.mp4
    39.4 MB
Got an offer on the bronco today, this 7.3 OBS f-250 368k miles on it. Guy wants an even trade but I don’t think it’s a very even trade. Wanted to get some others opinions because maybe I’m wrong or being blind. Not saying this bronco is a gem, but still.

No way in hell I’d make that trade.

^ What he said ^

Don't know what that cat is smoking, but he's hoping you drinking the cool aid. There's 2 kinds of people with 300k and higher 7.3's: people who will keep them for ever, and people who know/expect there's something wrong and are trying to get rid of it.

Thanks guys, that’s where I was at with it and felt the same. I’m not saying my bronco is mint but man I feel like it’s in way better shape than that thing. And I just don’t have a need for a pickup at this point. Thanks for the reassurance guys! I passed on it.

Back