Ozark Yeti knock-off

If you want something to keep coffee warm/hot get the newer stanley coffee container. I left it on my desk when I left to go look at a job at 730 poured it out at 5:00 that night and it was still steaming hot. Has a push button to open it to drink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I have one of these. Fill it up at 800 and still hot at noon every day.

If you want something to keep coffee warm/hot get the newer stanley coffee container. I left it on my desk when I left to go look at a job at 730 poured it out at 5:00 that night and it was still steaming hot. Has a push button to open it to drink

Apparently, you're not drinking enough coffee

Cant beat the price / functionality on these things. ICE cold water all day long, its great. Although they do not perform very well when you set them on the hood of a car in direct sun light or when there is constant wind over the top of it (like out on a boat). but for $9 they are great.

Ozark tumbler works great. Definitely worth $10.

20160806_142621.jpg

I finally broke down and got me a knock-off. The shelf where they were supposed to be was empty. I thought "boo-hoo." Then I turned around and there was a random shelf with about 200 on it. I guess they sell out quickly if they don't stock up on them. Threads like this get people moving! My impressions? I just put my first cup of coffee in it, but it will hold an entire 4-cup pot of coffee. That's a blessing and a curse. I don't really need a travel mug that big, and it won't even fit in the cupholders on my Yukon, which really surprised me. I know there's no hope for it in my wife's Scion or, God forbid I try, the shopping cart at the Teet. I'll probably wind up with another one for cocktails, though. I can imagine it being handy for Gin & Tonics on hot days, spending cocktail hour with the neighbors up the road. I can't imagine it will be long, though, before it's achieved "red Solo cup" status with the State Park campground officers.

I don't really need a travel mug that big

I too do not drink as much coffee a one sitting as this 30oz will hold. I was hoping to find a 20oz but those are sold out.

I'll probably wind up with another one for cocktails, though. I can imagine it being handy for Gin & Tonics on hot days, spending cocktail hour with the neighbors up the road.

That's definitely the plan for me as well.

I have 2 yeti tumblers, and 2 Ozark knock offs. Aside from the label they're identical. I did the ice test overnight. Filled them both up equally and checked the next morning. The Ozark had more ice left than the yeti. I'll never pay yeti prices. The only reason I have them to begin with is because they were gifts.

Even the knockoffs are becoming trendy. Where can I buy stock in Ozark trail?

My wife picked up a two pack of Takeya 40oz double wall insulated bottles at Costco. $34 apiece on Amazon, and I think she got them for like $32 for the pair. Not as cheap as the Ozarks, but fairly decent price I suppose.

Screw on lid with screw on cap as well. A bit heavy to run with though I would imagine. Seems to keep the ice pretty well. I just like the fact that it doesn't sweat all over the place.

View attachment 225468

Nothing like a run with two 40's in you hand..

To be fair, it's been 107*F. My multiple random half drank bottles of water that I'm pretty sure haven't been brewed that morning are also steaming hot at 5pm too....

Yeti products serve two purposes, in order:
-to tell you who amongst us is a fucking fanboi idiot
-hold ice, but no better than any of the fractionally priced duplicates

It's funny what happens when your whole business is based on fancy stickers and simple physics.

But can you get ice into the tops? I have a couple AL water bottles like this I love b/c they are super lightweight, but the top is too narrow to put ice into unless you crush it - then it thaws faster.

I have something similar to these for ice in my water bottles:

acdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com_images_ice_cube_sticks_tray.jpg

Setting: McDonald's Drive Through
Time: 4:45 A.M.
I've pulled up to the 2nd window.

Drive Through Guy(DTG): I like that tumbler, where did you get it?
Me: I don't know really it was a gift, you can get them every where?
DTG: Yea, I got one and Wal-Mart. Works just as good for $10.00.
Me: Ok, well this was a gift.

Drive Through Guy totally trolls me while I'm getting coffee at 4:45 in the morning just to talk shit about my cup.

I've found that most people only get these things as gifts(YETI). It says I want to get you something, but I have no idea what. But, i want it to be kind of expensive, but not too expensive. If I got you the Ozark Trail cup you'd think I was cheap. But, people buying them for their own use seems to get the Ozark Trail, RTIC, or whatever other company has them too.

If I got you the Ozark Trail cup you'd think I was cheap.

That IS true.

Most of us see the VALUE of not spending money frivolously on a fanboy name (YETI) but damned if you're not right about those same people if you gave them an OZARK as opposed to a YETI tumbler. I had to think for a second myself on that one. And I'm ashamed to admit, If YOU bought an OZARK for yourself, I'd personally think you were smart with your money and respect your thinking thru the decision by not buying into the hype. But if you were family and bought ME one...admittedly I'd think you were too cheap to get me a YETI.

Damn!

Back