Ozark Yeti knock-off

Damn pirates

as_media_cache_ak0.pinimg.com_600x315_2d_69_62_2d6962311d038d10854fe208ffc397cb.jpg

Rtic says you put effort into ordering it and waited

Speaking of waiting, my RTIC 65 wont ship until the end of this month. The tumblers come in just a few day, but the coolers are all on back order. Just an FYI if any of you are looking at their coolers as well.

those of you wanting days worth of ice and aren't into labels then take your wifes largest flat glass pyrex casserole dish that shes not using ( she should be making you sammiches anyway) and freeze the whole thing (with water in it, duh) let it sit out a few minutes and the resulting slug will come out with no fuss. it will be a) flat to take up less space b) a large thermal mass and will last for days for what we are doing. take the first one, wrap in celophane - put back in freezer and repeat. I keep these blocks in my freezer and the wifey LOVES them. then fit them in your existing coolers as you see fit. the Yetis have a place and 99% of their target market is not us on this board. best part is when I head out for a hunting/fishing trip early am, Im not dumping the ice bin into the coolers and having to clean up the damn loose ones sliding all over. I used frozen gallon jugs forever and they work, but they took up too much room. the flat plates work much better. then if youre really desperate to upgrade take some weatherstripping and run a bead around the seam then rivet a CJ hood latch to the cooler. works a treat.

those of you wanting days worth of ice and aren't into labels then take your wifes largest flat glass pyrex casserole dish that shes not using ( she should be making you sammiches anyway) and freeze the whole thing (with water in it, duh) let it sit out a few minutes and the resulting slug will come out with no fuss. it will be a) flat to take up less space b) a large thermal mass and will last for days for what we are doing. take the first one, wrap in celophane - put back in freezer and repeat. I keep these blocks in my freezer and the wifey LOVES them. then fit them in your existing coolers as you see fit. the Yetis have a place and 99% of their target market is not us on this board. best part is when I head out for a hunting/fishing trip early am, Im not dumping the ice bin into the coolers and having to clean up the damn loose ones sliding all over. I used frozen gallon jugs forever and they work, but they took up too much room. the flat plates work much better. then if youre really desperate to upgrade take some weatherstripping and run a bead around the seam then rivet a CJ hood latch to the cooler. works a treat.
Glass pyrex? It doesn't crack it??

Cyd uses the Yeti mug like the OP. It's fine, but the lid doesn't have a way to plug the hole, so it's fawkall useless to me.

And the Ozark Trail ones have the same top as the Yeti. In my Engel research, I noticed they have a similar mug but with a lid that closes. Haven't looked again to check size/price/availability.

It was a good review until you put creamer in your coffee. I had to quit reading at that point.

x2. Dude, WTF? MY coffee is so black, it's a Kardashian's baby daddy.

I'll probably wind up with another one for cocktails, though. I can imagine it being handy for Gin & Tonics on hot days, spending cocktail hour with the neighbors up the road.

I have two 16oz Tervis tumblers with closing lids for just this purpose. Actually, I have three but one is for my first cup of coffee when I am traveling, so the Yeti keeps the second warm for later.

I did see a guy pour a can of beer into a yeti/ozark tumbler at the pool recently... I have no ideas why.

As for all the whining about "too hot," I will admit to topping mine off with tap water to fill it when I use the Keurig, but that's so I can just drink it. I like that if I set it down and get distracted with the kids or driving or whatever, is still really warm when I remember it!

And the Ozark Trail ones have the same top as the Yeti. In my Engel research, I noticed they have a similar mug but with a lid that closes. Haven't looked again to check size/price/availability.

x2. Dude, WTF? MY coffee is so black, it's a Kardashian's baby daddy.

I have two 16oz Tervis tumblers with closing lids for just this purpose. Actually, I have three but one is for my first cup of coffee when I am traveling, so the Yeti keeps the second warm for later.

I did see a guy pour a can of beer into a yeti/ozark tumbler at the pool recently... I have no ideas why.

As for all the whining about "too hot," I will admit to topping mine off with tap water to fill it when I use the Keurig, but that's so I can just drink it. I like that if I set it down and get distracted with the kids or driving or whatever, is still really warm when I remember it!

You can actually adjust most Keurig machines to brew at a lower temperature, but it's hard to brew many of them properly below 190°-192° (factory setting).

I have a Bubba Keg tumber much like this one: bubba 20 oz HERO tumbler rose gold that I got at Target on sale for like $10. It does the same thing as far as super insulating the hot liquid. I've put a meat thermometer in it about 15 minutes after the Keurig brewed my coffee and it was over 200° I don't really understand thermal dynamics, but I was surprised that the temperature would actually rise in a confined insulated space like that. My Keurig is set at 192°.

Is there anything like these in a water bottle format?
E.g. screw-down lid w/ a pop top or pop open valve? I'd think that for cycling, running etc that would be a bonus. Downside being that they're going to be heavy due to double-wall construction.

I'm assuming all the magic comes form making it as 2 layers w/ a vacuum between them instead of your typical insulation.

Contigo Byron snapseal 20 oz

Bought one after reading a previous thread on here. Keeps stuff just as hot/cold as my Yeti, for just as long, but seals. I have no qualms about filling it with hot coffee and throwing it sideways into the tail bag of the motorcycle to head to work. Yeti has not come out of the cabinet since I bought the Contigo.

I still use 1qt Nalgene bottles from the 90s. I figure all the BPA has left them by now. Am I missing out?

I keep seeing ads on my facebook for RTIC 30oz 30, for $300 which is $10 a piece. That would be a deal for gifts.
I saw the reviews, and looked for an Ozark, wally was out, but had a friend pick me up 2, so personally I have no worries at all about using the cheaper ones. I'm the one using it.

I have the rtic 30 oz and love it. Sam got it for Xmas for me. Her mom gave her the legit yeti version.

Side by side both keep Ice just as long.

I fill mine with ice in the morning and fill with black coffee. I drink it all day, usually about half by lunch and the rest around 3.

Depending on the ice/coffee mixture, I usually have ice left in the cup every afternoon. The coffee I pour in is hot out of the pot.

In the winter, just remove the ice and I have hot coffee all day.

This $10 cup has saved me hundreds in no longer drinking energy drinks, and bc I stay caffeinated all day, no threats to coworkers.

If I just drink water all day, I will fill with ice in the morning, and keep topping off with water all day. As long as the water is cool, not hot, I will have ice left when the day is over.

We picked up a 2-pack of these little gems for $20 at Sam's Club while waiting for the RTICs to ship. Its so nice to have a cold drink waiting after doing home visits - & the closey lid is an added bonus!
20160810_115312.jpg

Is there anything like these in a water bottle format?
E.g. screw-down lid w/ a pop top or pop open valve? I'd think that for cycling, running etc that would be a bonus. Downside being that they're going to be heavy due to double-wall construction.

I'm assuming all the magic comes form making it as 2 layers w/ a vacuum between them instead of your typical insulation.

I use the Under Armor 18 oz dual wall vacuum bottle with the flip up lid. The lid screws off and is plenty big enough to get normal fridge ice into. The flip up part has a small drinking hole. The cup is awesome. I wanting something to help me stay "hydrated" while driving the RZR and the cup holder are directly over the radiator lines. The drink stay ice cold. This bottle will get so damn hot you can't touch it, but the drink is till full of ice. I think it was like $27 for the 18 oz.

JB

I love my Yeti!

It keeps my coffee hot and ready for me even when I leave it in my truck unattended for hours, in the summer, with it 105* outside!

It's amazing! Well worth the $.

image.jpeg

Going through some boxes last night, came across one of those bubba mugs...one of the 64oz ones. Not sure when I got it or if I got it as a gag gift or novelty or what...but I'm gonna have to give that a try to see how it does.

I know a guy that has one, the drain screws in or something, he had issues with it leaking. I would just drop $50 more and order the rtic 65. It's basically a yeti.

I just got my rtic 65 after waiting 2.5 months on the back order. It is a solid cooler. I have had a 75 and a 65 yeti. Both were nice. The only thing that I found that's inferior is the lid gasket and possible the fit of the lids. My rtic doesn't seal and create the vaccuum like either yeti. I'll say that in my previous yetis, a bag of gas station ice would still have the gritty texture on the cube after 2 days in the sun. Day 2 in the rtic, 50 percent of the ice was melted. I'm going to looking making it seal better. Possibly ordering the yeti gasket. The rtic still shits on an igloo, and unless you're at sea I can imagine needing 5 day ice retention. I will say that we put an entire 130 lb doe from the neck down in my yeti 75 with 2 bags of ice, and it meat was still dry 7 days later, in early October. I have the big yeti tumbler and its a great product. Does anyone put theirs in the dishwasher? I'll buy the knock off when I see one.

Back