Parts and tools in URE

krehel24

<- and it begins!!!......
so every time i go to URE someone has broke somthing, and has to go great distances to get Parts or tools, and I know that sucks. So my idea is This, so far I think I am one of the closest people to URE(about 25 min)and we go out there about every sat. nite and soon every sat. day (and still nite). So I am offering to The members of this board my # , and if you brake somthing or need a spacial tool then I can bring it to you. So for instance if you brake somthing at say 4:00 on sat. then you can call me and because i am coming out there anyway i will try to get what you need. Now I know that this is only so helpfull and most people cary every thing they need, but the offer is still there,

Kevin Krehel (704)485-2640

that's a brave offer...based on some of the nuts I see out there (and can only assume some of them are on this board)... :D :D

but I'll jot the number down anyway... :Rockon:

Greg

Very very generous offer Kevin... :)

krehel24 said:
so every time i go to URE someone has broke somthing, and has to go great distances to get Parts or tools, and I know that sucks. So my idea is This, so far I think I am one of the closest people to URE(about 25 min)and we go out there about every sat. nite and soon every sat. day (and still nite). So I am offering to The members of this board my # , and if you brake somthing or need a spacial tool then I can bring it to you. So for instance if you brake somthing at say 4:00 on sat. then you can call me and because i am coming out there anyway i will try to get what you need. Now I know that this is only so helpfull and most people cary every thing they need, but the offer is still there,

Kevin Krehel (704)485-2640

so when the calipers that you jerry-rigged on my 8.8 snap off I'll know who to call... :flipoff2:

Dude You're AWESOME!!!!

I'm collecting enough spare parts from the generous members here to basically build a second bronco out on the trail :D NEVER a bad idea to carry the whole garage with you IMHO but this is something great to keep in mind

You rock :Rockon:

That is a very generous offer, and im sure if I ever partake in your services there will be some sort of compensation
Ryan

Why not go the extra mile, and put an off road shop nearby. The half dozen or so outside silver lake here in MI make $$$$$ hand over fist. You will notice a trend of what breaks and stock common items. offer storage for a nominal fee while waiting for brown to drop off those special items that needed to be ordered. Maybe even set up a towing and recovery section for those that NEED to get their stuff home. Seems like quite an oppertunity for some young go getter. OR ignore this post and go on about your business.

Dewey, you will find out when you get here that "southern hospitality" is still rampant...it really does freak out the northerners that come down...Not everyone is out to just make a buck off of someone elses misfortune.

Stopped along the road yesterday to help a guy with his 95 foot house on wheels (oh yes, it was cooooool), he was towing a newish TJ...got a flat on his house and was having a hella time trying to get the lug nuts off...a little OBA (on the work van) and an impact had him moving the proccess along nicely...Took 5 minutes out of my day, I got one step closer to heaven, and he was able to change his tire and roll on...no amount of $$'s can make it feel better. It's a southern thing...or a Jeep thing...learn it, live it.

AMEN!!! I dont want to make $$$$ off the people, I just want to do what is right and help when i can. Plus I like to help people.

That is a grand idea, dunno why it hasnt already been done, cause I know if I broke something I didnt have with me and there was a shop close by I wouldnt mind paying the price to get it fixed
but thats my .02 and prefences

Yea. :( Thats why i said it was only "so helpfull" :D .but if you can get to high ground or the road then your cool or....yodl :p

Krehel what do you Drive
I have a spoa sami the blue one with all the mud on it. It stays home most days though

If it's southern hospitality then it must be south of canada. I would say it's a jeep thing (or generic 4x4). You see us damn yankees aren't so different from you. The saying is "no one gets left behind" wheather you know them or not. It may be hard for ya'll to believe but, state lines don't change that mentality.
I gather that this board has gone through some changes recently and the current member list may not reflect its true size, but right now it is a some what small size. The board I most often spend time on is local to MI and has over 5000 members. A "recovery list" was made available a couple years ago on a voluntery basis. Hundreds put their name on this list including myself along with their rig, phone#, call times, and recovery ability. There is almost no way to know everybody personally, but when the phone rings and someone is in need of help, WE GO. Not expecting anything in return but a thankyou. I believe much the same way as YOU do.
I also believe I must work to survive. It also helps to enjoy what you do for a living. If you think it is a self centered idea to go into business creating an offroad shop, then think for one second about you being the broke one in the middle of nowhere. How much would you appreciate having that shop handy to get you back on the trail or home?

Puma297 said:
i noticed that too, CB's are really the only reliable means of communication in UNF.

thats one thing that kinda bothers me, if somebody was seriously hurt and needed medical help; i dont think the little first aid kit will help very much. but god forbid something like that happens to any of us

Back