Post up your Real cool photos

WTF?!? Is that Toyota pre-taco as fawked as it looks?

ai20.photobucket.com_albums_b234_4lo_IMG_1950.jpg

Rich said:
WTF?!? Is that Toyota pre-taco as fawked as it looks?

Yes and no. It was in quite a predicament but getting their was a gradual slide backwards, it wasnt violent and quick. (This was the morning after it happened).

This just happened on I-70 near Hays, Kansas on Monday Feb. 13th. Ouch!!

Attachments

• 100_1194.JPG
    100_1194.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 847
  • 100_1196.JPG
    100_1196.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 819
  • 100_1199.JPG
    100_1199.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 783
...couple more...

and I've driven this exact stretch of Interstate before as I used to live in KS before moving here.

Attachments

• 100_1201.JPG
    100_1201.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 847
  • 100_1206.JPG
    100_1206.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 800
Is that I 70? That looks really expensive and lost job-like.

:eek:Yikes! :eek:

This is a divided highway. You are only seeing 1 direction of travel. The 3 trailer axles are on the back of the trailer. The semi was heading to the left if you look at the pictures...the tractor went under the overpass, then the trackhoe or excavator (depending on which you call it...I have worked for 2 different companies with const. departments which called it 1 or the other) on the trailer caught and the tractor apparently broke off from the trailer....etc...

Stankoma said:
Weird, I don't understand how it got that far stuck up into it without breaking out the side of the overpass. Very strange accident.

I think the arm of the excavator was only slightly up, with the bucket resting on the trailer during transport. Apparently this was too low for the bridge and the arm just clipped the bridge's underside, when it hit, it burst through and pulled the arm up as it slowed the trailer/excavator down. That is why you don't see the bridge railing torn. I think you can see the lip it hit in the second photo.

Yeah I can see that happening if it was traveling the opposite direction. WAIT, was the big arm sticking up through the bridge facing the left and then get bent back to the right? Now that makes sense.

Yeah, this is apparently how it looked "before". Look at the way the bucket is sitting on the trailer in the box. I think this is how it was being transported and then the higest point on the arm caught and flipped it up. That would have been LOUD!!

Attachments

• excavator.jpg
    excavator.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,247
what happens to these truck drivers?

Like that idiot in winston last night that made my commute home over an hour (normally 20 min) :mad:

I think he shoulda had to walk down the hiway and personally apologize to every car waiting....GRRR!!

How's you like to be drivin on that overpass and all of a sudden a giant excavator arm comes through the road! Wow!

Jan. 06 ski trip in Lake Tahoe.......

LakeTahoe2001.jpg

mac

Got anymore pics? Gotta love tellico in the snow/ice. :D

Attachments

• 100_1602.JPG
    100_1602.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,480
he said "it looked like a puddle" i guess he didn't see the cement wall sticking up on the other side of the "puddle"

Attachments

• 015_13A.JPG
    015_13A.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 949
  • 009_7.JPG
    009_7.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 965
Back