Project dirt dobber

I thought the same way and only did the uppers triangulated. Mainly because I thought it would be easier. For the time it took me to mess with link placement and trying to dial in the numbers to be "correct" I probably could have just built a crossmember that went around/under/over the driveshaft allowing me to triangulate the lowers more. If I had to do it over again I would run the lowers triangulated as well. I won't throw out a ton of technical terms because there are so many variables when building a link suspension, especially off of a factory frame. I vote for getting all of your brackets and joints, make some pvc links and just start tacking things in, measuring, putting the numbers into the calculator and giving it your best shot. A tape measure, patience and some beer is your friend in this case.

Yea. I'm getting my new rear end soon and I'll clean it up to truss and from there I'll start cutting my brackets out and build that cross member bracket housing. I like trail-gears cross memeber but they think it's worth gold so I'll have to pass and build it myself.

Pulling the front end out for a total rebuild. Might be changing the front housing...might he too bent. But there is something beating around in there. I'll post up pics as they are found. If not resealing and throwing it back under for more bashing. New bushings in the springs and hangers for better sounding suspension anyway. Sounds like a carriage going down the trail.
ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG2838_zps32762109.jpg

I've got those same jack stands, but I don't think I've ever stood them up on their end like that.

So I haven't had time to finish my front rebuild but I've had time to sit and think of the next project. Linking my rear. I am working with the 4 link calculator. Trying to get the best numbers I can. I'm pretty easy on making something work...I have no issues with rerouting my frame and cutting everything and remaking what I need where I need to make my 4 link work...and work well. What y'all think????
ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG2848_zpscdfb5734.jpg

40" lower links
29" upper links
Upper triangulated
The small pic on the right is the suspension at bump.

It's hard to see in the bottom of the pic but I think my roll axis and antisquat looks good

What y'all think?

I called the guy abd he said $400 for all 4. So I asked for his PayPal, told him my area code. He txted back saying he would get a price to ship. So I waited and no info. So I txted back yesterday asking fir an update so I could PayPal him for shipment. He txted back that it was too expensive. I asked how much was it and no answer. So I just got a txt back saying he sold them

What a bummer

Been working a lot so not much work has been done. But I found some.air shocks and finally sent payment. So they should be coming soon. I broke my thumb at work on a skidder, so I'm ready to work on this bad boy.
ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG2862_zpsf48a4c28.jpg

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG2876_zpsdb449364.jpg

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_98DF965F_E3096b31d3edb4f44198c20c17f3b561134.jpg

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_9E38352F_25Da4ffc506fa4c51941918ff53ce5dee7f.jpg

They are not perfect but they should hold my buggy up and ride fine. I'll probably paint them flat black to match my buggy and roll on.

Got to work in the shop and get some things rolling. Started removing the leaf suspension and all the parts that go along. Started by getting my links tacked together and did a plan A tune on my air shox. 210cc of oil and my shox valving is 40/90 so I am going to start with that and charge them at work this week. We will find out. And I painted the shox flat black as well. The finish had become ugly so I just covered the ugly

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG3011_zps93e41164.jpg

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG3010_zps434b704c.jpg

two weeks to Harlan...no biggie lol

Back