Project RustRunner..... #pushpullsteering #nolift35s

palmetto zuk

Well hung member
So tonight @C.Berry got me thinking. I should do a little thread on my 4runner. I mean what the hell should at the very least be entertaining. Moore to come later.

:nopics:

Nobody likes a tease :flipoff2:

So I scooped up this 85 fourerunner from @johnpaulgolf a while back. Had some 31in Goodyears and lock rites front and rear. A little rusty (hence the name “rustrunner”) but that’s alright. Planned on doing the typical ruf, 63in chevys, high steer, and some 33s or 35s. Mostly just wanted a fun different daily driver. My green samurai is not exactly a fun winter time driver so this is where the shit show started.

dZUkLQL.jpg
pInFxZP.jpg
9yArSfr.jpg
gu1tOyl.jpg

Naturally a flex pic. I use the word flex jokingly.

6uMGwuA.jpg

As you can see typical cancer. Ole bitch is eat up with it but fvck it. I’m not easy on the body anyway. Did a little trimming to get rid of the rot probably the day after I brought it home.

0jIRnWb.jpg
MeDcSBb.jpg
LySNDtj.jpg

Now for the shot that will really get yalls dick hard. All that got damn flex.
5owD8Cr.jpg

Ended up finding a killer deal on a twin stick so I figured the extra shifters would look pretty cool and shit. Kinda race car looking shit and help match all the stickers the rustrunner would get one day since it has all that glass to stick them too. So I dropped in that twin stick piece.

DvJ8ian.jpg
Ay0nsg7.jpg

Used that small marlin knob to help with the shifter knocking the case out of low range when going to 4th gear. However it didn’t help.

Dropped by the pull a part and found this gem. A 4.56 e locker rear. $127 drum to drum from a 3rd gen. My dick went 6 to midnight. Didn’t really need it but now I can put a button on the dash that will look cool as fvck. Maybe a couple lights that will do stuff and things.

EsMZZJQ.jpg

Found some kid over in Wren, SC that had some 35x12.50x16 radial Trepadors for sale. Looked nipple new and wanted 600 bucks for em. Rolled them to the bed of the truck from the back of his barn then offered him 500. I’m a shrewd negotiator I guess. I knew he didn’t wanna have to roll them back. So he took it.
yWxJNwa.jpg

Last edited:
We had plans to go to the flats in January(I think) and I said fvck it I’ll go. The Goodyear SRA is known for its trail savvyness. I find out right before I left the lockrite in the front was fvcked.

u9VwXo1.jpg
YLzZHTU.jpg
Cb6N3o1.jpg

So I spent all morning Friday before leaving and street driving to The Flats dropping in a welded front 3rd from the samurai in the front. Looks like that cool extra shifter is gonna come in handy now.

Made the drive up to do some wheeling and camping. Great times can’t wait to get up to Marion again this year.

DKMAypR.jpg

My sleeping arrangement.

irpVBnG.jpg

Here’s me eating a little orange thing. Yes that’s tape deck with and Aux input. Str8 80s mother fvcker.

CgQVeP1.jpg
pRFT5r6.jpg

Also made a trip to Gulches. It’s was uneventful really.

J2yTZtq.jpg

Picked up some 16in taco take off wheels for pennies on the dollar. Thought these would work great. Since my 3rd gen rear is 60.5in wide I knew I’d have to widen up my front too. The taco wheels should keep me from fvcking up wheel bearings.
cg90hD1.jpg

Picked up some IFS hubs, v6 calipers, some high performance eBayrembo rotors as well as v6 booster and master cylinder on the cheap. I figure if my front axle is 55.5in wide now then with the IFS outers I’d be at 58.5in then run 1in spacers and be golden. I’m already running 1.5in spacers all the way around so fvck it.

Racecar spelled backward is racecar

S0cRfHD.jpg

Ended up getting tired of looking at the tires so I said fvck it they were cheap I’ll just cut the shit out of the truck and make them fit. If they rub oh well. They hit the pitman arm anywhere more than 2.5 turns to the right and the leaf springs 3 truns to the left. However it’s a Toyota so it does not turn for shit anyway. It’s like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic the boat sinks anyway.

q1V0qnT.jpg

2JHTRiB.jpg
k0Pqyz9.jpg

Got to remember she’s still a lady on the streets
Tqy6oGc.jpg

The input bearing on the ole W56 was a touch loud. I had some 4.7 gears and a new clutch laying around so I figured what the hell. The front input bearing is the same bearing as the output on a top loader ford trans. Yikes

accIE3B.jpg

yD00Brh.jpg

i9yAwmF.jpg

So the rusty lady made her way to gulches in August for a little fun and it did amazing. Did everything I wanted it to do and hate I didn’t try shipwreck but there’s always next time.

CjYVtrq.jpg

Had an 8000lb warn so I mocked that up and since it’s heavy and shit I still have not finished it. (Mostly laziness) A makes the street driving better cause people don’t wanna fvck with someone with 3 shifters, stickers, and a winch.
2HDi8Or.jpg

Went to URE and kicked ass. Had zero trouble with anything really. Decided at that point I’m not going to change a thing. It works too good and it’s fun saying I have stock suspension.

Here’s one for all you #pushpullsteering haters
7cyNGTV.jpg
9cSOnr6.jpg

A little snug on Daniel

3AcjfFF.jpg

A few weeks ago took the ole slut up to Windrock and still didn’t break a fvcking thing. Did really well had a blast but it’s time to do a couple things here and there to keep her from leaking all over her 35in tits.

j0DAhjC.jpg
z4xuHkX.jpg

So does this mean I need to clean up my shop so we can start working again? Its about time to hang the body on my jeep and finish up your e locker

Got the same damn rig...subscribed.

Did you swap out the cluster for one w/ a tach and put that fancy inclinometer in there?

Got the same damn rig...subscribed.

Did you swap out the cluster for one w/ a tach and put that fancy inclinometer in there?
yeah i did. I have a few SR5 clusters i bought when i got the inclometer. I bought it in a group of parts for like 125bucks. The cluster swap is easy. You have to source a oil pressure sending unit from one with a guage. The plug is the same. Bought mine used on ebay for like 11 bucks cause i think they are 60 bucks on rock auto.

Go get some 35s and some spacers ill bring the beer and we can make them fit.
Edit: just saw in your sig you have ruf and 63s already lol. Its funny i can follow rigs with that setup anywhere its just a harsher ride and sometimes its a little more sketchy but sometimes with me being lower i have less trouble. When you wanna go wheelin?

The incolmeter is cool as fvck IMO
5iZEhnx.jpg

So does this mean I need to clean up my shop so we can start working again? Its about time to hang the body on my jeep and finish up your e locker
After christmas we need to get shit together.

yeah i did. I have a few SR5 clusters i bought when i got the inclometer. I bought it in a group of parts for like 125bucks. The cluster swap is easy. You have to source a oil pressure sending unit from one with a guage. The plug is the same. Bought mine used on ebay for like 11 bucks cause i think they are 60 bucks on rock auto.

Go get some 35s and some spacers ill bring the beer and we can make them fit.
Edit: just saw in your sig you have ruf and 63s already lol. Its funny i can follow rigs with that setup anywhere its just a harsher ride and sometimes its a little more sketchy but sometimes with me being lower i have less trouble. When you wanna go wheelin?

The incolmeter is cool as fvck IMO
5iZEhnx.jpg
I bet yours does go! Before putting mine under the knife about 10 months ago it was bone stock w/ 31x10.50s. I ran all over URE except the ledge side of Daniel w/ little to no issues whatsoever. The only knock I have on the stock suspension is it's stiff and doesn't flex too well. I've been pretty pleased w/ my setup as is so far but I've got an issue w/ my pitman arm hitting high steer right now. Steering box got moved as far forward as it would go and the angle it is mounted won't let me run a flat pitman arm (it'll hit the frame) so I've got to figure that out. I'm hoping if I redo the RUF pack a little to get a bit more lift (making the lower leafs a bit longer so it doesn't settle so much) that it'll help but I guess we'll see. I've got TG 5" springs but I thought it sat up too damn high w/ those and I like the approach angle w/ the RUF by moving the axle even further forward.

But hell yea, I like the tach and inclinometer for sure! I'll likely be doing the same as soon as I can source both...hopefully I can find a deal like what you got. Lmk if you want to get rid of one of those extra clusters you've got if they're taking up space...be glad to take one off your hands :D. And I'd be down to go wheeling sometime when you want man...just give me a heads up.

I bet yours does go! Before putting mine under the knife about 10 months ago it was bone stock w/ 31x10.50s. I ran all over URE except the ledge side of Daniel w/ little to no issues whatsoever. The only knock I have on the stock suspension is it's stiff and doesn't flex too well. I've been pretty pleased w/ my setup as is so far but I've got an issue w/ my pitman arm hitting high steer right now. Steering box got moved as far forward as it would go and the angle it is mounted won't let me run a flat pitman arm (it'll hit the frame) so I've got to figure that out. I'm hoping if I redo the RUF pack a little to get a bit more lift (making the lower leafs a bit longer so it doesn't settle so much) that it'll help but I guess we'll see. I've got TG 5" springs but I thought it sat up too damn high w/ those and I like the approach angle w/ the RUF by moving the axle even further forward.

But hell yea, I like the tach and inclinometer for sure! I'll likely be doing the same as soon as I can source both...hopefully I can find a deal like what you got. Lmk if you want to get rid of one of those extra clusters you've got if they're taking up space...be glad to take one off your hands :D. And I'd be down to go wheeling sometime when you want man...just give me a heads up.
absolutely ill get you a cluster not gonna rape you on it i dont need 3 of them. I have some bastard RUF packs at the house if you wanna take them and give them a try. The set i got from @ProbablyBroke might help you out if you need them you are welcome to give them a shot.

absolutely ill get you a cluster not gonna rape you on it i dont need 3 of them. I have some bastard RUF packs at the house if you wanna take them and give them a try. The set i got from @ProbablyBroke might help you out if you need them you are welcome to give them a shot.
Sounds good to me. I'm around all next week. If you're going to be around I can slide down to your neck of the woods. I'm on the NW side of CLT so shouldn't be too far of a drive at all.

Sounds good to me. I'm around all next week. If you're going to be around I can slide down to your neck of the woods. I'm on the NW side of CLT so shouldn't be too far of a drive at all.
I’ll be in Ohio till Wednesday but the rest of the week I’m free I’ll let you know.

So i thought id post some pics and shit from the weekend. Had a great weekend at Gulches with @Dirt Mcgert and @scbronco

The #pushpullsteering is still holding in there strong. Still no real failures. Not sure how i have not popped a birf yet but im not complaining.

4orgvv6.jpg

VCc1Hcq.jpg

vHbOoIK.jpg

TJPWzAq.jpg

RXcHnxW.jpg

rA60eeA.jpg

and some bonus of me working.

VnweBFr.jpg

So i thought id post some pics and shit from the weekend. Had a great weekend at Gulches with @Dirt Mcgert and @scbronco

The #pushpullsteering is still holding in there strong. Still no real failures. Not sure how i have not popped a birf yet but im not complaining.

4orgvv6.jpg

VCc1Hcq.jpg

vHbOoIK.jpg

TJPWzAq.jpg

RXcHnxW.jpg

rA60eeA.jpg

and some bonus of me working.

VnweBFr.jpg
Jesus. I think I've seen the wheel of fortune spin faster than the tires on the yota :flipoff2:

I need to get to Gulches this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Lets do it. Im always up for a trip to go see Skip.

Back