Project Steampunk

That brings me to my next conundrum.
Ive been offered a set of loaner reds on 8 on 6.5 beadlock wheels to use on wheeling trips shortly upcoming. I have another set coming my way soon in which I'll have to buy wheels for. I'd have to buy 8 on 170 obviously.

But wait... I work in a shop that has a few drill presses. I can use a drill press. Why don't I just redrill my hubs to 8 on 6.5 so I can run both? Or just 6.5 like everyone else?

Good question. :rolleyes:

This is what I was going to use if I ever get around to swapping the front

DIY Dana 60 Unit Bearing Drill Guide | Hired Gun Offroad

You get near Frothy Beard check them out.... Zombie Pizza is in there with them. Great place....

That brings me to my next conundrum.
Ive been offered a set of loaner reds on 8 on 6.5 beadlock wheels to use on wheeling trips shortly upcoming. I have another set coming my way soon in which I'll have to buy wheels for. I'd have to buy 8 on 170 obviously.

But wait... I work in a shop that has a few drill presses. I can use a drill press. Why don't I just redrill my hubs to 8 on 6.5 so I can run both? Or just 6.5 like everyone else?

Good question. :rolleyes:
Why not just get some wheel adapters? I know changing the pattern and swapping studs is cheaper, but adapters would allow you to use a spare of either pattern in a pinch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ve never been to either. Sounds like I need to....I think Zombie used to have a truck in the rotation where my buddy works. He said it was good stuff.
Yes the truck is out front. From what I understand when Frothy expanded to this new location a while ago they asked Zombie to join them or partner with them. I was down there last weekend it was really good.

Yeah the problem is cutoff, they don’t have a definite cutoff and are more of a flood style.

That clothes line looks almost 5’ off the ground. Maybe you can fab a cutoff headlight cover at work and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That clothes line looks almost 5’ off the ground. Maybe you can fab a cutoff headlight cover at work and see if that helps.

Not a bad idea, if it could snap on and off you could just take it off when wheeling at night.

Certainly will. The 2011+ stuff isn't really readily available at junkyards yet. What I call "high end" junkyards will have them, but you're totally right about them being expensive.

I found a few complete rear axles for around 800 bucks. I figure if I could put the old carrier back into the axle and get 250 bucks for it I'm only in it for 550 bucks. That is alot, but not bad for a selectable locker for a 1 ton axle.

I found a few complete rear axles for around 800 bucks. I figure if I could put the old carrier back into the axle and get 250 bucks for it I'm only in it for 550 bucks. That is alot, but not bad for a selectable locker for a 1 ton axle.

Have you researched the operation of the 2011+ selectable locker? I began researching it and it sounded like adapting it without the ford computer would require dropping the voltage I believe.

Your prices and mine are basically the same.
A selectable locker would be really nice but with all that leg work and labor pulling a complete axle and installing myself I'd almost rather buy an automatic locker.

Detroit

:huggy:

Ran a grizzly in the Sterling I had in my XJ and it was awesome. I have also ran Detroit’s without complaint but ECGS had a better price on grizzly when I bought that last one. Loading and unloading on the road was very mild.

These are a bit more than the ones you got, are plenty bright and have a definite cut off so you aren't blinding incoming traffic. I have them installed in my XJ and they are awesome. Very happy with them

2018 New Osram Chips 110W 5x7 Led... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BWBRDJ5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I better et a heads up on what ever "rides" you have upcoming..... I need some jeep riding fun in my life right now.....

Scheduling and coordinating are my weak points something fierce, so to say it as vaguely as possible...
Sometime this year when the outdoor temps are between 60 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit, (or even Celcius would be fine), preferably during a weekend, I definitely want to road trip out to your side of town and visit Broken nut.

We have an accord?
I want to see someone go out the alternate exit on the B trail at Broken Nut so yea just let me know what Saturday and I'll be there baring no conflicts.

How about a ride at quarry town tomorrow?
Will be pulling up double towing Joe's TJ on 42 inch stickies and a crazy looking red YJ with horns on the front.
Rumor has it, @Jody Treadway is gonna be there.
;)

So for this ride I didn't have enough time to really prepare by re-drilling my unit bearings so I can run 8 on 6.5 loaners. So for this ride I'll be on my street tires just putting around and exploring. I've got to get reacquainted with a few people after being off the trail for a few years.
Pictures to follow.
I saw that legend was rumored to be there so I'm working on a plan now to attend........

Back