Project Zuburban (Honor Build)

norzuki

This has been a log awaited project for me and I am truly glad to see it start !! This project will consume me because it will be a build for ART ........ he was my best friend and I will miss him greatly!! I talked with Nicole shortly after the ceremony and she had told me that I needed to build another zuk. I asked her why and she said that she see's how I light up and get excited when talking about Zuk's. So I pondered the thought and I found myself thinking of a good project and it hit me..........

build a stretched tin top .............. ........ the idea stuck and so I began thinking about how me and Art used to meet every so often and wheel locally when we could. Not much of wheeling, but more fellowship and just hanging out than anything. My thoughts went even further.

I made a challenge to myself:
I WILL build a stretched tin top with a few crazy mods and dedicate it to the very best friend I had........ ART LILLEY !!

So it has begun.......... as I build the rig there will be .......blood .....sweat and yes some tears, but I will have a smile on my face all the way.

From here on out I will try to post up as many pictures as I can to document the build.

Here is were I am st as of right now:

A stretched frame and body 22" The frame has been fish plated and the body is almost complete, but I am waiting to finish the suspension and put the tires under it to see if I have stretched it to much before I finish the body.

pics later today

as promised..........here are some progress pics. The rig has been at this stage for a while..............I would say about 2-3 months. Now that the parts are coming in it is go time :bounce2:
drivers_side_body_fill01%7E0.jpg

passenger_side_body_fill%7E0.jpg

roof.jpg

krawler_tires.jpg

axles_primered.jpg

I Like!!

I'm really suprised how good it looks... Gonna paint it orange?

A very awesome idea behind this one, props.

Fawesome. What is the final wb going to be?
RIP MSgt Lilley....
Knocking the dust off of this one:
I don't know what the stock wheelbase is, but I stretched the frame 22"
Sorry for taking so long to get back in this thread......to be honest I didn't think I posted up in here.
The rig is almost done ..........
Almost all parts were ordered through LOW RANGE OFF-ROAD......superior service & shipping !!

Itemized List:
- 1988 Tin Top (Stretched 22")
- 1982 front toyota axle (w/ 1.5" wheel spacers)
- Knuckle Re-build kit (Trail Gear)
- High Steer
- Marlin Crawler Steering arms
- t-case re-geared 6.5:1 (Trail Gear)
- Rear 1987 IFS toyota axle (w/ lockrite)
- Rear Disk break brackets (Sky-Man)
- Monte Carlo calipers
- New rear wheel bearings w/ marlin Crawler heavy duty seals
- Stainless Steel break lines front/rear
- 15x8 steel rims
- 35x13.50x15 BFG Krawlers
- 1993 1.6 16 valve
- Mighty Kong t-case bucket (Trail Tough)
- Line Lock for breaks
- Proportioning Valve
- Subaru Master cylinder
- FJ60 steering box (points forward)
- Interior Bed Liner (Second Skin / Dead Liner)
- Racing seats / O.M.Z RACING / http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/001425.html?id=UdrMFdeH
- Oddesy Battery / http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc925.htm
here are some pics.
side prepped for new panel
side_section_open.jpg

New side welded in
side_sections_welded_in.jpg

New top panel welded in
top_section_welded_in.jpg

Thats it for now.......doing little things right now.

- installing a dash / hooking wires up under dash
- odds & ends on the motor
- installing Mighty kong t-case bucket
- re-locating body mounts
- Waiting on Racing seats

Dave

Well the rain is keeping me in the shop today.
Almost done with the battery tray where I will use to mount to the rear floor area just between the seats ;D

I will have pics a little later of it completed or almost completed.

David

Back