Random pic thread.

How’s the duece and a half as a dump truck? My dad brought up the usefulness of getting a dump now that my wife and I are looking to get some land/build a house. I like the idea of 6x6.
Well I would have got stuck in any dumptruck that didn't have 6x6 today. It cost me the same if not less than any of the older single axle or tandem axle trucks I was looking at. The bed lifts up completely vertical so not much fighting with stuff sticking in the bed. Only down side is now I want another 5ton.

Seen this one at bLowes today.... Flat black over gloss black. Looked better than I would have thought.

2c3da02ef4ae22a551ca02cf6dc3cd84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Until you get up close and realize its bedliner.

Well I would have got stuck in any dumptruck that didn't have 6x6 today. It cost me the same if not less than any of the older single axle or tandem axle trucks I was looking at. The bed lifts up completely vertical so not much fighting with stuff sticking in the bed. Only down side is now I want another 5ton.

Sorry...didn't mean to shortchange you 2 1/2 tons! What's a decent price on one of those machines?

ML2.jpg

LEGOLAND New York Install going on as we speak. I was up there last week visiting the site and checking on my team that are installing our models. This is the Miniland area. We have several different clusters representing different areas of NY State, NYC and the country. on the left are pallets of sections of skycrapers that are being craned into the Manhattan cluster. That concreted area with all the posts sticking up. The buildings go over the posts.

Last edited:
LEGOLAND New York Install going on as we speak. I was up there last week visiting the site and checking on my team that are installing our models. This is the Miniland area. We have several different clusters representing different areas of NY State, NYC and the country. on the left are pallets of sections of skycrapers that are being craned into the Manhattan cluster. That concreted area with all the posts sticking up. The buildings go over the posts.

So, do you put UV inhibitors in the plastic when making the legos for these builds? Or just know that they will get brittle eventually and fix them when they fail?

So, do you put UV inhibitors in the plastic when making the legos for these builds? Or just know that they will get brittle eventually and fix them when they fail?
NO, we order LEGO straight from the manufacturing facility. It's the same brick and composition (ABS plastic) as you get in your sets. In fact, we do not use anything you can't buy. If LEGO discontinues a piece, we pull it off our shelf. We do scuff and spray the models with a UV Lacquer. It helps, but the life span is about 10 years max. You can see fade and deterioration after about 2-3 years. I'm trying to get them to switch to clear coat though. we have a models that we used Clear coat on that is proving to last longer.

NO, we order LEGO straight from the manufacturing facility. It's the same brick and composition (ABS plastic) as you get in your sets. In fact, we do not use anything you can't buy. If LEGO discontinues a piece, we pull it off our shelf. We do scuff and spray the models with a UV Lacquer. It helps, but the life span is about 10 years max. You can see fade and deterioration after about 2-3 years. I'm trying to get them to switch to clear coat though. we have a models that we used Clear coat on that is proving to last longer.

Awesome. I think it was discussed in the other thread, but do you glue the pieces together during the final build?

Awesome. I think it was discussed in the other thread, but do you glue the pieces together during the final build?
we use a secret sauce we blend in house that fuses the plastic together. so technically, no we do not glue them. They are chemically welded/melted together.

FYI, if someone wanted to permanently affix their LEGO together at home they could use MEK. but it sets FAST. We have an entirely different solution that take longer and allows for alterations within a few hours. Overnight and it's set. time to bust out the chisel or saw after that.

@mbalbritton bringing more tech to the random pic thread in one page than a particular 16 page tech/build thread.

I've heard of a flat tire, but it looks like this guy earned a flat wheel.
20201030_140607.jpg

View attachment 329523

Definately requires follow up pictures!

Back