Random pic thread.

It was one of those "blow a boost hose while passing a truck on the interstate at 11pm when you're 50 miles from home" kinda days...
20201107_234047.jpg

Fortunately MacGyver was a student of my father, and I've refined the craft a bit...
20201107_234029.jpg

Clearly the best solution was to shove a high dollar hand saw scabbard between the clamping bolt and the coolant reservoir :lol:

20201107_234022.jpg

I kept it under 2-3 psi boost, but I was able to run 75+mph on the interstate and drop to about 68-70mph on the hills. :driver:

When I got close to the house, I tested it out and found that it leaks at about 5psi but didn't blow the hose off :D

You Know when you see something like this, there's a Reason, it's still there! :shaking:
Would have a couple more pictures, but the owner's Wife showed up. No, Not for sale!
[So why leave it at an abandoned house, unprotected?]
Holy shit...

It was one of those "blow a boost hose while passing a truck on the interstate at 11pm when you're 50 miles from home" kinda days...
View attachment 330305

Fortunately MacGyver was a student of my father, and I've refined the craft a bit...
View attachment 330306

Clearly the best solution was to shove a high dollar hand saw scabbard between the clamping bolt and the coolant reservoir :lol:

View attachment 330307

I kept it under 2-3 psi boost, but I was able to run 75+mph on the interstate and drop to about 68-70mph on the hills. :driver:

When I got close to the house, I tested it out and found that it leaks at about 5psi but didn't blow the hose off :D
I was expecting a rubber boost hose with a clamp. Holy Cow, you really Blow!:lol:

You Know when you see something like this, there's a Reason, it's still there! :shaking:
Would have a couple more pictures, but the owner's Wife showed up. No, Not for sale!
[So why leave it at an abandoned house, unprotected?]

So what are the details? 68 or so?

I'm trying to figure out how the second bend occurred. The big bend is obvious, but not so sure about the second one.

Also, this pretty much proves that Stihl makes the best chain. Even the Husqvarna guys admit it, but this is anecdotally unquestionable.

Back