Random pic thread.

2013 ram 2500 CUMMINS bone stock, I was delivering a load of hay Saturday i'm guessing 16k worth on the trailer. I reluctantly drove into the customers field to unload. As soon as i pulled off the gravel driveway and got thru the gate the truck stopped dead in its tracks with all the rain. I backed up a little, locked it in first gear and gave her hell for a few moments to get to where they wanted it unloaded, as soon as i got out of the truck i smelled coolant. Drove home and smelled it on and off. It wasn't loosing any coolant i could tell, but could smell it after i drove the truck. Oil was fine...
I have never been so happy to find a coolant leak. lol
20210111_160504.jpg

This is a picture I received from a friend on FB,This is an aerial view of the Community I grew in.Thats the Sam Riley Chevrolet comp pictured about 1950 or so.
127220430_225677658975610_579071539052305775_n.jpg
127019519_5376062549086266_634650557183405071_n.jpg

This is a picture I received from a friend on FB,This is an aerial view of the Community I grew in.Thats the Sam Riley Chevrolet comp pictured about 1950 or so.
View attachment 335544View attachment 335545
It amazes me the quality of phots from back then. !! Guy I know was allowed to take literally a semi load of photos, memorabilia, blue prints etc from when Ford closed their plant in Detroit. The details in those old B&W photos puts new cameras to shame IMHO.

It amazes me the quality of phots from back then. !! Guy I know was allowed to take literally a semi load of photos, memorabilia, blue prints etc from when Ford closed their plant in Detroit. The details in those old B&W photos puts new cameras to shame IMHO.
That is because back in the day it was standard to use 4x5 and 8x10 for advertising. Those pictures posted are more then likely 120 or 220. The highest resolution digital is only about 50MP. Standard 35mm film has 187 mp. Don't even get me started on the latitude of film verses digital. If you want to know more this is a great read. Film Resolution: The Pixel Count of Film

That is because back in the day it was standard to use 4x5 and 8x10 for advertising. Those pictures posted are more then likely 120 or 220. The highest resolution digital is only about 50MP. Standard 35mm film has 187 mp. Don't even get me started on the latitude of film verses digital. If you want to know more this is a great read. Film Resolution: The Pixel Count of Film
One is an actual picture, the other is a buncha dots that look like a picture :D

One is an actual picture, the other is a buncha dots that look like a picture :D
Actually you have silver halide crystals that make the image when light hits it causing the first part of a chemical reaction. The seconed part is the development of the silver halide crystals on gelatin film and part two of the chemical reaction. :D As for digital I'm like most of you I just push the button. I really miss my old film days of developing film and pictures.....

Stuff like this makes me think I was born about 50-70 years too late.
A friend of mine is 11 year older than me and he remembers the keys being left in the cars at night.Even the camaro's and chevelles.Said a few times they got drunk and took one for a joy ride.

Interesting comparing that to the modern satellite and street views. Looks like that rear garage portion of the dealership is still standing??
yeah alot has changed.its a shit hole now.Im pretty sure the garage portion is all that's left.The story is that back in the 80's,long after it closed,their were still parts on the shelf and chrome trim on the floor being walked over.Just another little town that time and progress has killed.

Last edited:
In 43 when my grandfather left for the war he walked 5 miles to get on the train (train depot circled) headed for Fort Oglethorpe GA.
127019519_5376062549086266_634650557183405071_n_LI.jpg

You're right!
Under $325 for the permanent repair, plugs, oil change, wipers and tags.
It's a solid DubJay for sure.

BTW- your goodies will mail out tomorrow
I’ll keep my peepers peeled. At the rate the Mail has been traveling I’ll look for it come spring lol. I’ve been farting around with my “new” doubleU-J and chasing it trying to through a DW. Pissing me right off. I don’t know what else to through under the front end cause it’s all been replaced (Tre, BJ, Wheel bearings, track bar bushings in the JKS adjustable TB) to include adding weld washers on the upper/lower TB mounts. Alignment shows it’s spot on. Flat road is good. Seems like the drivers side is what starts it. I’ve gotten it to the point it doesn’t go full potato but you can feel the little shimmy in the wheel like it really wants to though.

Back