Random pic thread.

I'd want a summer of Sunday afternoons with the men and families who built it! Folk then where definitely a different grade.
Same. My grandfather was one who built everything by hand. His house, his barn, his tools. It'd be nice to sit around a campfire and hear THEIR stories again (I was young when I heard them the first time....not knowing how important they were)

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times

We have certainly created a generation of walking FAHgina's and are bout to face some VERY hard times (again)

FAHgina's are bout to face some VERY hard times
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Last edited:
That rascal sounds cooler than it looks. Id hate to know how much he has in it. I talked to him right after it was finished, he sold an old JD tractor to fund some of the build. Not sure what he sold the tractor for, but anything less than about $40k and he was robbed.

Same. My grandfather was one who built everything by hand. His house, his barn, his tools. It'd be nice to sit around a campfire and hear THEIR stories again (I was young when I heard them the first time....not knowing how important they were)

We have certainly created a generation of walking FAHgina's and are bout to face some VERY hard times (again)

Yep.
My grandad is in his final days. Doesnt know where he is. Breaks my heart to see him. But I have to suck it up and force myself a maybe once a month.
He was born with polio. One leg is a full 3.5" shorter than the other. He dropped out of school in 3rd grade to help the family farm. Despite walkign around with the equivalent of a 4x4 block to the bottom of 1 foot, and a debilitating accident that broke his back in his 30s...he kept on everyday.

I had a co-worker once ask me - how do you know something about so much different stuff. From plumbing to electrical, to mechanics, to carpentry, welding etc.
Mind you I think I am a hack at all of it, because I know true professionals in all trades - but the how came from growing up around him. If it was on the farm and it broke he had to fix it to keep living. I mean I learned a lot of jacked up shit. I saw an air compressor contactor tied shut with bailing twine and a stick shim that had to be replacced once a month or so. We did this for years. I thought that was normal. In high school I learned the coil was bad. I went and bout one for $18 and replaced it to impress my grandad. I was so proud. He called me a wasteful fool and said Id be broke and starving if I didn't soon learn the value of a dollar.

Just a different breed.

Had a four day weekend so made a feed/weather shelter for our alpacas (16x24) and finally got steel on the lean-to (14x15) for my Kubota. Highly recommend Triad Corrugated Metal. They have a couple of locations (I go to Asheboro) but super easy to work with, cut to the inch, and ready in about 4 days from order.
9D166AE9-9B7D-4F2D-AB29-6CDCDCC00F9A.jpeg
03A08A03-29F3-4776-95A7-762EB24AC1E5.jpeg

Back