Random pic thread.

Story was that the guy was travelling and had a noise, stopped by a box store mechanic shop on sunday and they told him he needed pads and rotors. It made it about 20 miles.....
He probably did need pads and a rotor on that side.... to replace the ones that blew off at 60 MPH. :)

a1.bp.blogspot.com__lLFv2T4xpqs_VSPQUkkz9lI_AAAAAAAAqHE_levFgza6Nfg_s1600_CtR10ha.jpg

She is learning better every day. It seems to be a lost art among people her age.
Esp girls.Kudos to her for learning how.My son is learning also but im about to throw him a curve ball w a three on the tree.

I had a co-worker who was a mechanic, absolutely refused to drive a three on the tree. Said he didn't know how and never could figure it out.......

I learned in an old F-100 Ranger in the snow, had a blast !!

The fun part of 3 on tree is getting out at the absolutely worst times (backed up intersections) with a claw hammer to pop the hood and jerk on the linkage when it locks up...:shaking: Seems it only locks up when you are in "panic mode" and shift too quick???

But convert a 3 to the floor gives you a bullet proof tranny! Just have to get used to the weird pattern.

Probably setting myself up (knocking on wood now) But I have one as proof. Truck always has a trailer behind it. Tranny is going on 300K (2'nd motor). People ask me all the time how many transmissions I've went through... Uno baby! :flipoff2:

Bad part is I have 5 of them and couldn't get $20 for one...:mad:

Learned to drive in a CJ5 with a 3 on the tree, my dad said if I could learn in that, everything else would be easy.... He was right...

The fun part of 3 on tree is getting out at the absolutely worst times (backed up intersections) with a claw hammer to pop the hood and jerk on the linkage when it locks up...:shaking: Seems it only locks up when you are in "panic mode" and shift too quick???

lol I learned to drive on a '64 Malibu wagon, 3 on a tree... no idea how many times I had to do just this!

Learned to drive in a CJ5 with a 3 on the tree, my dad said if I could learn in that, everything else would be easy.... He was right...

Bingo. I didn't drive a "normal" stick until probably 9 months after starting w/ the Malibu, it was so easy!

Y'all sound old. My first was a 97 ferd danger ranger :flipoff2:

Learned on a Ford 8N. That's an odd pattern. My daughter is 14 but she WILL drive a stick and change a tire before she gets her license. Gotta make sure she's never at the mercy of someone else.

Just now. Hamptonville, NC

News just said up to 1" hail and 60mph winds. I believe it.

image.jpg

• Snakes are out! Walking around in flip flops I almost stepped on the little guy. 2hrs later I was clearing brush with a blade on my weed eater when I discovered the fattest garter I've ever seen!image.jpg image.jpg

But convert a 3 to the floor gives you a bullet proof tranny! Just have to get used to the weird pattern.

Probably setting myself up (knocking on wood now) But I have one as proof. Truck always has a trailer behind it. Tranny is going on 300K (2'nd motor). People ask me all the time how many transmissions I've went through... Uno baby! :flipoff2:

Bad part is I have 5 of them and couldn't get $20 for one...:mad:
I think un hangin it will be harder for him to figure out than actually drivin it

lol I learned to drive on a '64 Malibu wagon, 3 on a tree... no idea how many times I had to do just this! Bingo. I didn't drive a "normal" stick until probably 9 months after starting w/ the Malibu, it was so easy!
Seems like its always at a red light or the McDonalds drive thru.Always remember 3rd-2nd then 1st,never go from 3rd to 1st.:rolleyes:

Just now. Hamptonville, NC

News just said up to 1" hail and 60mph winds. I believe it.

View attachment 184689

yeah it was about 80 here today and they are callin for storms tonight so well probably get hammered.
  • Snakes are out! Walking around in flip flops I almost stepped on the little guy. 2hrs later I was clearing brush with a blade on my weed eater when I discovered the fattest garter I've ever seen!View attachment 184708 View attachment 184709
Ive had two this week myself.

I did that to an old 1968 Chevy I had back in the day. I used a JC whitney shifter.
That's exactly what hes gonna be learnin on.

Back