Random pic thread.

World three is hard.

E8821E6F-EBA9-4B70-87C7-4D98335DDD15.jpeg

Sadly, I was not able to get a picture, but on the way home from West Jefferson on 18 today….I saw a TJ with plywood cut to match the lines and screwed on it like a woody from the 50s 😮

I wanted to turn around but there were cars behind and no good place to pull off.

It was….unique. Yes unique.

shit starts to get real when you recide to start replacing the real parts - better hot end, new extruder, 32 bit motherboard, adding touch sensor for auto bed leveling.
Eventually its the equivolent of a forme Jeep firewall buggy.

yeah, what your guy didn't include in the package was a warning about the dial-in time and learning curve. Unless you pay for a really expensive printer that has a lot of sensors and material settings pre-selected, you have to learn a whole process of learning juuust the right settings to get things to print right for any given spool.
Unfortunately its easy to get fooled into thinking this is easy... I was bc I started out using expensive stuff at work that just always worked, and got quite the shock learning to work with a printer that was 5% the price.
That picachu comes out great bc some guy already spent the time finding the ideal settings and compiled it into the g-code already.

I'd suggest a notepad or excel spreadsheet for notes.

I think I got my retraction worked out. Really digging matter control software.

20220301_211049.jpg

Printed this little guy. Have a scaled up one running now.

20220301_225857.jpg
20220301_225921.jpg

Guess I should make a thread instead of flooding this one lol.

Badges say it is a 6.2l LS motor....this car can't weigh more than 2200lbs. I bet it is a handful!

Close to that;

1998 Suzuki X-90

Compact SUV

4/5 · Edmunds
1998 Suzuki X-90 got a 4 stars review on Edmunds.

MPG: 25 city / 28 highway
Curb weight: 2,326 to 2,469 lbs
Engine: 1.6 L 4-cylinder
Horsepower: 95 hp
Dimensions: 146″ L x 67″ W x 61″ H
Wheelbase: 86.61″

If the thing is tuned at all, I can't imagine that Unibody surviving any length of time...

Close to that;

1998 Suzuki X-90

Compact SUV

4/5 · Edmunds
1998 Suzuki X-90 got a 4 stars review on Edmunds.

MPG: 25 city / 28 highway
Curb weight: 2,326 to 2,469 lbs
Engine: 1.6 L 4-cylinder
Horsepower: 95 hp
Dimensions: 146″ L x 67″ W x 61″ H
Wheelbase: 86.61″

If the thing is tuned at all, I can't imagine that Unibody surviving any length of time...
X90 had a full frame underneath, same as the sidekick/tracker. but there are alot of parts that are either upgraded or wont last long.

X90 had a full frame underneath, same as the sidekick/tracker. but there are alot of parts that are either upgraded or wont last long.

Nice, I didn't know that.... I guess you could beef that up then to maybe survive!

Back