Random pic thread.

methinks someone needed some sheet stock...
Yup wanted something fairly thick but I only had 1/8th inch sheet stock. Needless to say it got made out 1/8th inch.

Yup wanted something fairly thick but I only had 1/8th inch sheet stock. Needless to say it got made out 1/8th inch.
I keep some different stock about all the time. My shear and 7ga. = 3/16 or so. It is a lot less scary, and no cut off wheels get destroyed. "CWM"

Concord is not a horrible drive out.

Last edited:
I keep some different stock about all the time. My shear and 7ga. = 3/16 or so. It is a lot less scary, and no cut off wheels get destroyed. "CWM"

Concord is not a horrible drive out.
I'll keep that in mind next time I need a plate. I might come see you once I design my transmission skid plate to get the plates for it.

Took advantage of the a wet Thursday and Friday to clean up some of last springs efforts.

Just enough hot scraps left over today for me and the kids to go make a few snacks.

9005FD0E-7A09-4D48-969E-2B0F15BD871C.jpeg
4A8DDD96-097D-42DF-B770-40E636D8E128.jpeg

Woke up at 2am to be the first in line to drag this one home. I have no friends, so I ran up with the truck and rented the U-Haul for the trip home. 6.0l pulled a solid 11mpg all the way home.

High mileage, 2 owner.....not so perfect I will feel bad about wheeling it. Not such a basketcase that I can't start driving doorless and topless on the next decent day we have while I figure out what comes next.
PXL_20220226_165518533.jpg
PXL_20220226_182458742.jpg

Woke up at 2am to be the first in line to drag this one home. I have no friends, so I ran up with the truck and rented the U-Haul for the trip home. 6.0l pulled a solid 11mpg all the way home.

High mileage, 2 owner.....not so perfect I will feel bad about wheeling it. Not such a basketcase that I can't start driving doorless and topless on the next decent day we have while I figure out what comes next.View attachment 367775View attachment 367776
Congrats. I've been missing my 05 rubi. I'll have another .

High mileage, 2 owner.....not so perfect I will feel bad about wheeling it. Not such a basketcase that I can't start driving doorless and topless on the next decent day we have while I figure out what comes next.View attachment 367775View attachment 367776
So how does it tow?? I mean not the standard "you cant even tell its back there" reply,but the truth.I'm thinking pretty hard about ditchin my F-350 before the diesel bubble burst and gettin a CC 2500 gasser to get me by until the prices come back down and I can maybe get into a 6.7

So how does it tow?? I mean not the standard "you cant even tell its back there" reply,but the truth.I'm thinking pretty hard about ditchin my F-350 before the diesel bubble burst and gettin a CC 2500 gasser to get me by until the prices come back down and I can maybe get into a 6.7

I have towed using trucks with an abundance of power and with an extreme lack of power. I would say the 6.0l / 4L80 combo is right in the middle. If you tow with attention to grade you won't have a problem. If you set the cruise and start scrolling through Instagram you will be revving it to redline to maintain speed.

My last truck had tons of power and twice as many gears. The engine didn't know a load was behind it, but the chassis did. This trucks chassis doesn't do anything different with a trailer on the hitch, but the engine works a bit harder. The 8 speed always ran at 200+ when towing, the 4L80 just between 120 and 150 all-day. If I towed a lot heavier and more frequently I might get the 4.10's instead of the 3.73's.

I would buy the gasser before selling the F350, even gassers are hard to find these days.

Got a couple new toys today :D

20220227_143812.jpg

thats a great little cheap printer. Right up there w/ the Ender in bang for your buck
So far so good. It was a gift from a good friend "to get you in the hobby".

20220227_165729.jpg

Last edited:
So far so good. It was a gift from a good friend "to get you in the hobby".
haha look out. If you really get into it its just as bad as old trucks.

Well, between ultra marathon training, her race, running 30 miles a week, hiking in deep snow, etc, she fatigue broke it.
She's down for 8-12 weeks unfortunately
I read a book about training with a seal. Maybe David Cogins I dunno, but I remember this being a not so uncommon thing for this type of athlete. Heal quick young lady!

Well, between ultra marathon training, her race, running 30 miles a week, hiking in deep snow, etc, she fatigue broke it.
She's down for 8-12 weeks unfortunately
Sucks given her allergies that A LOT of critical bone density nutrients are in the food she can’t have and also cannot be fully replicated by “supplements”. Hope she heals and is back on her game quickly (successfully)!!

Back