Random pic thread.

This was for sale in one of the FB groups. I saw he put it on eBay. IIRC he was asking $15K for it.

View attachment 375085
Man, that is really nice. And at least somewhat addresses the lack of low gearing (not sure how much). Of course whoever buys it won't use it anyway, but that low gear would be nice for parades :laughing:

Man, that is really nice. And at least somewhat addresses the lack of low gearing (not sure how much). Of course whoever buys it won't use it anyway, but that low gear would be nice for parades :laughing:
Yea I've been learning about those sherman transmissions. Pretty neat aftermarket add on.

weather was a bit cool yesterday. Not ready to come back to the heat.
1A219D00-687E-4A3D-AD56-7AB20E48D897.jpeg

4 burner... Maybe 36-40"

Not 100%sure

We have a 36" at home and the 22" with fold up stand for camping.

I have the 28" that folds up. It mostly stays at the house, but I do pack it up and take it on vaca with us. If there is a 36" that folds, I would do that. There arent many accessories for the 28, like there are for 22 & 36.

I took the 36 to Kairos one year...MAN what a pain in the ass. Decided it needed a permanent spot on the back porch and got a 22" portable.

I love that thing!!!!

You may think it's small, but it works so well. Yes, it only cooks one pack of bacon at a time, but it wasn't an inconvenience to cook a second pack after. I love the smaller one actually. And it went right back in the box for the ride home. Super easy

We did the opposite. I agreed to the 22" first as a trial. After moving it from back deck to camping to back a couple times we bought the 36" for home.

I ended up getting the 22". I really liked how easy it was to knock down the store display for transport. They had the 28" and it seemed that you really had to muscle it. I'm too old for all that! I'm hoping that I end up like @LBarr2002 and get a biggun for the deck and this one for camping, but in the meantime, I need some Waffle House lessons on cooking on a flat top.

677324163(1).jpg

A deer ran in front my friends big Dodge while he was on his way to a tournament this weekend.It ran in the road just infront of him in the dark near the launch.I guess the deer didn't now how to dodge.He said it sled on its side before he ran over it and it went under the truck and he could feel it hitting the braces under the trailer. He washed it off when he put the boat in the water. Later when he left and was driving home he smelled something. He stopped and looked under the truck and gore and blood were all over the bottom of the truck.

Last edited:
I ended up getting the 22". I really liked how easy it was to knock down the store display for transport. They had the 28" and it seemed that you really had to muscle it. I'm too old for all that! I'm hoping that I end up like @LBarr2002 and get a biggun for the deck and this one for camping, but in the meantime, I need some Waffle House lessons on cooking on a flat top.
Biggest thing is follow the process to get it seasoned right to begin with.

Nice little hike at the south end of Linville Gorge up Shortoff Mountain this afternoon.
View attachment 375064View attachment 375065View attachment 375066View attachment 375067View attachment 375068View attachment 375069View attachment 375070View attachment 375071

It was hot, and I need stronger hiking partners. :laughing: For the steepest part, I was carrying my camelback on my back, my wife's day pack on my front, and my 55lb 7 year old on my shoulders. :shaking: :D
CTB used to ride that, before it went Wilderness.

Starter issues?

Here's the fix.

1655936404118.png

Been an eventful couple of weeks.

First, I went to Ocean Isle for a week with the family. That was fun, and stressful. This shirt got me some looks.

287640687_10106212028656868_8392258658882458776_n.jpg

Came home and started an Author Instagram account. (Shameless plug)
288654444_10106214149895888_7776077913865050084_n.jpg

Ironically, as you are about to hear, it wouldn't let me put my Pronouns as (AR/15) so I left it blank instead of trying to mock such stupidity.

Lame.

Then last night, in Hickory at Sheetz, I met my first They/Them pronoun person. I called him Sir twice before I noticed his name badge had his pronouns listed on it as I took my receipt. Being a typical woke progressive soyboy, they/them were too much of a little sissy to say anything to me about my misgendering knuckle-dragging neanderthal ways.

Didn't get a picture of them. But just imagine this guy... with a red Sheetz hat on.
flat,750x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

After Hickory, I continued on to Winston-Salem, where I continued my toxic masculine ways by getting inked for the evening.

288872257_10106218652322988_5213435600117312780_n.jpg

(Don't mock my chubby-bunny dad bod, it's slowly coming back to my 350 bench press/415 deadlift days) ;)
(Just kidding, mock away. I got fat.)

Got home about 1am, crashed hard.
Worked as hard as a desk jockey can work.
And now trying to pound out some words on the keyboard before crashing again.
Yay, adulting.

Last edited:
Back