Random pic thread.

Same thing in yadkinville. 1k sign on and north of 15/hr. Seriously considered picking up a side job.
same thing here by my office in asheville. we are offering a signing bonus as well and no one has applied.
We have a $5k sign on bonus for technicians in certain parts of the country and same.
$2,500 locally and same
I know that's a common thing now,but at Taco Bell??? Come on man!! Their prices reflected the bonus offer.Where my SIL works they are offering a 2500 bonus plus offering a referral bonus to anyone to that refers someone that stays 90 days.

Saw this at my local steel recycling place this morning when I picked some plate up.

584B8BA3-BFC9-4B53-A651-2C1A00412C0B.jpeg

Thought it was pretty cool.

Last edited:
^^^ That would make a great lamp.
Just put some LEDs up in the skirt and dish of the piston, and maybe some micro ones in the ring grooves. No shade needed, it would just glow. Better have a good table to sit it on.

I needed a double ended lug for some relays I’m wiring up and couldn’t find where any are manufactured so I made my own.
Used the dremel to cut the top or bottom half off each individual terminal and soldered them together. Kinda ugly but it should work. Or start a fire..

View attachment 375197
This didn’t quite work out as planned so I ended up buying the cheapest piece of copper bar stock I could off Amazon.

E182837D-8036-4EDB-8B65-F49C5F65C1BA.jpeg

This didn’t quite work out as planned so I ended up buying the cheapest piece of copper bar stock I could off Amazon.

View attachment 377017
Copper has a melting point 1.6x greater than aluminum so this should take a few more minutes before the magic happens :laughing:
:rockon:

I Despise the Ass holes, that are Too lazy, to walk 20 feet from a parking spot! And, Others that park, or act like it's curb service, at shopping centers! There is a Laundry Mat, next to the Food Lion, & some just park any damn place they want too! And even Barney Fife, doesn't wright tickets, anymore.

Attachments

• 20220717_140614.jpg
    20220717_140614.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 103
I see a walk in basement. I would have made it a drive-in. I got a ground garage, & basement drive in. Love it!

No basement. It's tall enough to walk for maybe 1/4 of the footprint so it's just a tall crawlspace.

Duane

I Despise the Ass holes, that are Too lazy, to walk 20 feet from a parking spot! And, Others that park, or act like it's curb service, at shopping centers! There is a Laundry Mat, next to the Food Lion, & some just park any damn place they want too! And even Barney Fife, doesn't wright tickets, anymore.
oh man, I could write a book on some of the stuff I've seen with parking. I used to work at a grocery store through high school and people would park in front of the store, get out, lock their car, grab a buggy and go grocery shopping for 30-45 minutes and then come back out and drive off like it was nothing and don't get me started on people too lazy to return their cart to where its supposed to go.

Back