Random pic thread.

27 volts has been decent but research shows more juice can be applied......
View attachment 386450

Dang anybody got a machine I can blister that 🖊️ diameter wire on?

1/16 can run up to 340-400 amps at 28-32volts 🔥🤓

I run .045 dual shield at home, at 26-27v when I worked at Toner machine shop and the welder was out on a week long bender I would get to weld up fixture tombstones. Usually 1.5" plate with massive bevels, run .062 solid at 28-29v and all the wire speed, tack a straight edge to hold the gun, cover every sq inch of skin stand back and put down a 3/4-1" weld in a single pass. Would go through a set of gloves in no time

@Van-go - 1
Dana 300 - 0

You whole assed this one 🤣

C5A246AE-9C8F-40D7-B9B5-230CF293B38B.jpeg
9D2FFE41-038B-44DB-B8AC-D7F34DBDAF87.jpeg

I run .045 dual shield at home, at 26-27v when I worked at Toner machine shop and the welder was out on a week long bender I would get to weld up fixture tombstones. Usually 1.5" plate with massive bevels, run .062 solid at 28-29v and all the wire speed, tack a straight edge to hold the gun, cover every sq inch of skin stand back and put down a 3/4-1" weld in a single pass. Would go through a set of gloves in no time

Splatter-weld?
That crap runs hot! I did it at 40+ volts so I could have some wire speed control.
Regular welding glove on the support hand would last about a week.

Put up a trail cam behind my parents’ cabin in the Jonas Ridge area. Got some pretty cool visitors. Wish the bear pic was clearer.

View attachment 386484View attachment 386485View attachment 386486View attachment 386487

We used to stay at a friends cabin up in Jonas ridge. Love that area. Just hang a left at the Volunteer Fire department and go up the gravel rd, One thanksgiving we were up there all week. Never saw a car but saw 15 Turkeys on the Friday after. They knew Turkey day was over. I've seen bear too but not a bobcat.

Old ass beretta. Only upside is when you run out of rounds it doubles as a hammer.

Love my 92FS, even if she is a tad on the chunky side. Smooth as silk and stupid reliable.

Love my 92FS, even if she is a tad on the chunky side. Smooth as silk and stupid reliable.
We always had locking blocks breaking. Granted, we put way more rounds through them than normal, but it was a reliability issue. Had to always keep some on hand. Plus, that first double action shot can be a doozy if you’re not on your game.

Back