Random pic thread.

Next time, take your bike to ride the trails at Brown's Creek.
Sounds like a plan. It was a bit of an unplanned route and stop for us. I only had the roadbike with me. Yesterday we were in Danville at Dan Daniel Park on the Dan River (these names :shaking:) and we discovered they had a bunch of trails and a MTB race going on. Kids probably rode 6-7 miles of greenway on the scooters, and I logged some extra on the roadbike.
Screenshot_20230605-134851_Strava.jpg

Lil guy wanted a picture at the racetrack :D
20230604_165239.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan. It was a bit of an unplanned route and stop for us. I only had the roadbike with me. Yesterday we were in Danville at Dan Daniel Park on the Dan River (these names :shaking:) and we discovered they had a bunch of trails and a MTB race going on. Kids probably rode 6-7 miles of greenway on the scooters, and I logged some extra on the roadbike.
View attachment 398393
Lil guy wanted a picture at the racetrack :D
View attachment 398392
I think maybe I heard about that... there was a race at Old Fort on Saturday, too. I was following @Jody Treadway down Ridgeline, tho.

I think maybe I heard about that... there was a race at Old Fort on Saturday, too. I was following @Jody Treadway down Ridgeline, tho.
Having you follow was a blast.
Leading 30 of these fools on the rocky side of Dupont tonight was a lot like work!
PXL_20230605_223832562.jpg

I was running in Lincolnton today. Strange fuel war, between 2 stations! Circle K in front of Lowes, @ Hwy 27 & 321, & on the other side of the highway, a Raceway station. The battle is on Diesel, Not Gas. All other stations in the area are standard prices. I got my credit card limit at the Circle K. Raceway is a POS to get in & out of.

Attachments

• 20230606_132426.jpg
    20230606_132426.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 32
When you stumble across Charlie Melchner on his lid in cripple creek and Charlie Jr comes running up to ask for a hand 😎

FB_IMG_1686096151533.jpg

(Derek snapped this pic)

Last edited:
Saw this van in Cary and wondered how is it running around town with foreign plate ?iView attachment 398445
Ha ha. I know a guy I questioned about his tag sticker, "Dec 22". He said Police don't stop you for things like that. I first asked him If, he had his 2023 sticker? He didn't answer that, but stated the Police don't stop people. So far, his Luck is holding! :laughing:

Ha ha. I know a guy I questioned about his tag sticker, "Dec 22". He said Police don't stop you for things like that. I first asked him If, he had his 2023 sticker? He didn't answer that, but stated the Police don't stop people. So far, his Luck is holding! :laughing:
Couple years ago they made it that expired tag could not be a primary reason for stop, and was even more slack over lock down when you couldn’t get anything renewed in any reasonable time frame. Any of our company vans were several months over due the last couple years….

Him and Randy torbett back in the paragon days were king dicks for sure.
That's what I gathered later. Immediately after the recovery little Charlie came over to the camp to thank us and hand out some swag. I seemed to be one of the only people there this weekend that didn't realize how famous Charlie Sr was.

It was kind of funny watching "famous people" interact and me having no clue how important they were supposed to be 😂 I think I actually offended Leah Hockman (shecrawls) by not having a clue who she was and telling her Joe Jones was going to beat her and everyone else
(Ironically Joe placed just above her and her rear steer moon buggy on both days 🤘🏼)

Saw this van in Cary and wondered how is it running around town with foreign plate ?View attachment 398445

US vehicles run around Mexico and Canada, and I see Ontario and Quebec tags regularly at the beach. I will say though, he is a looooong way from home!

Duane

I was running in Lincolnton today. Strange fuel war, between 2 stations! Circle K in front of Lowes, @ Hwy 27 & 321, & on the other side of the highway, a Raceway station. The battle is on Diesel, Not Gas. All other stations in the area are standard prices. I got my credit card limit at the Circle K. Raceway is a POS to get in & out of.
I passed a couple stations today with 3.17 and 3.19 diesel up northeast of Greensboro. Of course 10 miles earlier I had just filled up at 3.99 :rolleyes:

Saw this van in Cary and wondered how is it running around town with foreign plate ?View attachment 398445
And I've never seen one of the Chevy vans?
Why not? You only need local plates if you're a resident.
The better question is... do we want to know what that hitch is connected to... Or not.

That's what I gathered later. Immediately after the recovery little Charlie came over to the camp to thank us and hand out some swag. I seemed to be one of the only people there this weekend that didn't realize how famous Charlie Sr was.

It was kind of funny watching "famous people" interact and me having no clue how important they were supposed to be 😂 I think I actually offended Leah Hockman (shecrawls) by not having a clue who she was and telling her Joe Jones was going to beat her and everyone else
(Ironically Joe placed just above her and her rear steer moon buggy on both days 🤘🏼)
Well who is he? Never heard of him

Back