Random pic thread.

Saw this at the beach
20230929_114510.jpg
20230929_114403.jpg

Article says the deceased was 83. Makes you wonder if he should have been on the road to begin with. Regardless it’s a shame. Hope @obullfish a speedy recovery!
I think once we hit retirement age we should have a driving test every couple of years. Once we hit 75 or so once a year and somewhere in your 80’s every 6 months.

Article says the deceased was 83. Makes you wonder if he should have been on the road to begin with. Regardless it’s a shame. Hope @obullfish a speedy recovery!
Gotta admit read the article.
Got to Nissan and thought ….”wonder if he was high or running from the cops”
Got to 83 and though “oh…wonder if he knew where he was”

Gotta admit read the article.
Got to Nissan and thought ….”wonder if he was high or running from the cops”
Got to 83 and though “oh…wonder if he knew where he was”
When I checked him for a pulse there was a walker in the back seat and he had med tape and gauze like he had just left a doctors office and they had taken blood. What the cops and EMTs think happened was he pulled over in the large grass median and just turned around against traffic.

I think once we hit retirement age we should have a driving test every couple of years. Once we hit 75 or so once a year and somewhere in your 80’s every 6 months.
I'm fast approaching that age, but I consider myself a very capable driver! I Do still drive the dump truck, part time. But I can tell my mind is not as sharp as it was just a couple years ago. What bothers me is the 10 year license extension, And, without a road test! I see some people even in their teens, 20s, & up, that I can't figure How they Passed their Road test! But beyond that, is the elders that can barely walk, driving. They barely have control of their legs. Move slow as a turtle, & takes them 5 minutes to get in or out of their car. Then they have to get their cane or walker out! At some point, they / we, all need a Road test! I think Doctors should be More involved in this. They see their patients on regular basis, & Should be taking interest in their Driving skills.

Back