Random pic thread.

Fake rust is just plain stupid and ugly. But worse, the body lines & tail light do not line up with the stripe.

The hack job for six doors on the cab is a lot more concerning to me!

Coworker upgraded smokers and gave me her old one. The fun begins...

20231215_180007.jpg

New toy followed me home today.
IMG_1456.jpeg
IMG_1458.jpeg

2017 Beta Xtrainer. Been wanting one for a while, but hadn’t found the right deal until today. Looking forward to putting it through the paces. 300 2stroke tailor made for tough trail riding and shorter riders.

Last edited:
“You can’t fit nothin in a short bed truck. Especially not with ramboxes.”
IMG_1462.jpeg

Should be a fun day tomorrow.

“You can’t fit nothin in a short bed truck. Especially not with ramboxes.”
View attachment 408746
Should be a fun day tomorrow.
Collettsville NC. Went hiking at Linville Gorge today and trail ended up being longer and taking longer than expected, so we didn’t make it back to the truck til dark, so hoped the weather holds off and we can get some riding in tomorrow.

Plan for today was to go hike RockJock trail at Linville Gorge with a good friend and my oldest son, then head to Collettsville and go dirtbike riding, then go get some dinner in Boone and stay the night up there. Of course a lot of things didn’t pan out. Kiddo woke up with a 101 fever, so he was out. Then RockJock took a lot longer than expected. It was worth it though. Here’s a bunch of pics.
IMG_1472.jpeg
IMG_1474.jpeg
IMG_1476.jpeg
IMG_1492.jpeg
IMG_1497.jpeg
IMG_1503.jpeg
IMG_1513.jpeg
IMG_1516.jpeg
IMG_1520.jpeg
IMG_1525.jpeg
IMG_1528.jpeg

Best lunch view around.
IMG_1517.jpeg
IMG_1533.jpeg

The USFS map lists it as 2.8 miles, but my GPS showed 7.1 miles by the time we got to the end (and still had a 2.7 mile hike on the gravel road back to the truck!) :eek: We did do a few side trails, but no way it’s anywhere close to 3 miles, more like 5.
A few more from the road:

IMG_1542.jpeg
IMG_1544.jpeg
IMG_1545.jpeg

Worst part was the hike from the end of the trail back to the truck on the gravel road. :(
IMG_1551.png

Though that elevation gain at the end of RockJock was no walk in the park either.
IMG_1550.png

Wrapped it up with a 16oz Ribeye at the Peddler in Boone, and winding down in front of the fire with some quality TV…
IMG_1549.jpeg

All in all it was a good way to celebrate my 40th birthday.

Last edited:
The USFS map lists it as 2.8 miles, but my GPS showed 7.1 miles by the time we got to the end (and still had a 2.7 mile hike on the gravel road back to the truck!) :eek:
A few more from the road:

View attachment 408865View attachment 408866View attachment 408867

Worst part was the hike from the end of the trail back to the truck on the gravel road. :(
View attachment 408869

Though that elevation gain at the end of RockJock was no walk in the park either.
View attachment 408868

Wrapped it up with a 16oz Ribeye at the Peddler in Boone, and winding down in front of the fire with some quality TV…
View attachment 408870

All in all it was a good way to celebrate my 40th birthday.
Happy birthday guy

Back