Random pic thread.

grilll.jpeg

I think the sad truth is that OHV dollars are not as impactful as we like to think. Tax and retail/restaurant dollars for a somewhat busy small downtown are probably more in a week than the entire years impact from OHV unless you’ve got a mecca like Moab or Hatfield McCoy. And even those will only work so long as the area stays distant from modern growth and development.

I have a cabin about 15 mins down the road from Tellico, so I have spent a fair amount of time over the years in Murphy. During Tellico's heyday and after the closure. I can't say for sure but it seemed like the only folks that really got hit hard were the folks that provided cabins or camping near the trail head and the gas station where you cutoff on hanging dog road. The gas station was closed until this year and someone opened it back up.

We were at Tellico 2-3 days before they closed it.IIRC @Pless was with us in a Toyota??
I remember that trip, but I can't remember if it was just before it closed or not, I think it might have been. I decided on that trip I didn't need to take any tools for some reason. I bent my tierod something terrible, so I limped it back to the Lowes in Murphy and spent about 200 dollars in tools and a piece of pipe so I could get back home. Man, I miss those days!

I remember that trip, but I can't remember if it was just before it closed or not, I think it might have been. I decided on that trip I didn't need to take any tools for some reason. I bent my tierod something terrible, so I limped it back to the Lowes in Murphy and spent about 200 dollars in tools and a piece of pipe so I could get back home. Man, I miss those days!
Iirc they were gonna do a winter closure starting on Jan 1 first and then go from there but once they closed it they never reopened it.We were there around Dec 27/28 and you broke a tie rod about the time we were turning off to go to school bus.

Is it in Raleigh? Go see the yellow front truck display in person. I did all the heavy fab and Assembly. The rest of the team did paint. The partnering group installed the lights and stripes.
View attachment 422530
View attachment 422531

Company has two brush units and a Polaris on display too. I did most of the fab on the Dodge. With the exception of the flat bed and the pull out rear tray shell, shelves, and wiring I had a hand in everything.

Man I didn't put two and two together on who this was for until today. We've done a lot of business with that company, bought three Ferrara's from them when they were the dealer. The owner is a pretty solid dude.

Duane

Iirc they were gonna do a winter closure starting on Jan 1 first and then go from there but once they closed it they never reopened it.We were there around Dec 27/28 and you broke a tie rod about the time we were turning off to go to school bus.
That about sums it up. Except I didn't break a tierod end, I just made the tierod into a smiley face.

Put my new decals on the tilt trailer yesterday. I don't know how people do graphics for a living, I almost became an alcoholic just trying to put a couple stickers on.
View attachment 422788View attachment 422789
I used to paint and install vinyls on ATM’s. I’d also do the bank drive through signs and the big drive up ATM’s. Depending on the quality of them it can be a nightmare. Especially a massive vinyl with a stiff breeze. You get one shot and that’s it. I now understand why everyone who paints and installs those things drink and smoke pot.

Like the uhaul center sign says “any car can tow a trailer”
Based on all the tail waggin the dog I see on the interstate they need to teach them the safe way to load a trailer.

Back