Random pic thread.

Finished product. A marvel of engineering.

IMG_20240808_103621358_HDR.jpg

Literally was backing the fuel trailer up to it when it went off. Youre on wake too aren't you? We're off at work but my house, which is also wake towards brewers is still on.

Yeah we're on Wake. Power just came back on for us, so out maybe 2 hours? I will say we have had more outages here than our old house on Duke, but the restoration time has been way better.

Duane

Best saw I have ever had. 2 pull and starts every time. I have had it at least 35 years, and I bought it used. Rebuilt twice. Made in West Germany.

IMG_5285.jpeg

IMG_5287.jpeg

New toy!

Duane
Is it in Raleigh? Go see the yellow front truck display in person. I did all the heavy fab and Assembly. The rest of the team did paint. The partnering group installed the lights and stripes.
15438.jpeg

15437.jpeg

Company has two brush units and a Polaris on display too. I did most of the fab on the Dodge. With the exception of the flat bed and the pull out rear tray shell, shelves, and wiring I had a hand in everything.

Yeah AES hijacked it for the expo. I think they wanted our new engine too, but I don't think it went. I've never been to the expo and probably won't make it this year, but if I do I'll check it out!

Duane

Yeah AES hijacked it for the expo. I think they wanted our new engine too, but I don't think it went. I've never been to the expo and probably won't make it this year, but if I do I'll check it out!

Duane

Man I wanted to go this year. Dept offered to pay for me to, but the tower crane on my site is coming down this weekend so I've been loading in materials all week and couldn't get off. Maybe next year...

For the threads name sake....more pictures sent to me from folks attending.
15452.jpeg

15453.jpeg

That's a lot of dollars in one place.

View attachment 422418View attachment 422419At work we use pallets for shipping out all of our sand and gravel product. From 50lbs bags to 3k super sacks. They all go on pallets. The ones that don’t meet spec get set to the side and we burn em about every quarter. Also scrap cardboard and “other” stuff too lol
As long as you let the Forest Ranger know. Don't need any more Forest Fires! 🤞

Yeah we're on Wake. Power just came back on for us, so out maybe 2 hours? I will say we have had more outages here than our old house on Duke, but the restoration time has been way better.

Duane
I'm real close to Downtown Mount Holly. Never had much of a power problem. Back in the Spring Duke/Dominion had contract crews up-grading my whole area, new poles & all! My power went off twice early this morning, height of the wind I guess. But it was only off for a couple minutes each time. I guess it was re-routing, or doing whatever the New stuff is!

Mother nature tested my road yesterday. My creek crossing has a 3' pipe but it wasn't enough and acted like a dam. Water worked it's way around and filled up the low lying area between my driveway and the road until it finally spilled over in the low spot of the drive. There are 2 24" pipes farther down that were relieving water from that side also and still couldn't keep up. Minimal loss of gravel and everything held up really well.

Attachments

• IMG_20240808_204337 (4).jpg
    IMG_20240808_204337 (4).jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20240808_204338 (5).jpg
    IMG_20240808_204338 (5).jpg
    335 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20240808_204338 (2).jpg
    IMG_20240808_204338 (2).jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 33
My father in law has passed. 81, Vietnam veteran, great grandfather.

Please keep my wife and her family in your prayers.

DSC_3731.jpeg

Back