Random pic thread.

More than one way to get 100# up on the roof of the camper.

IMG_20240810_140825812.jpg

I think lighting tried and failed to get my heat pump.... (And yes, I need to pull weeds)

Actually, that line of dead grass is just about directly pointing towards one of my ground rods. Panels are just out of the image to the right.

IMG_5296.jpeg

Another visit to Mo’ Sweets in Boone last night. This time managed to grab a pic before I demolished the crepe.
IMG_4949.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

Then earning my keep around here today.
IMG_4953.jpeg
IMG_4954.jpeg

That’s 24ft of Jameson made in USA pole saw. @Silverado_Express

Then we visited THE Blowing Rock. Been coming up here for most of my life and never been here.
IMG_4958.jpeg
IMG_4966.jpeg

Then made a little more progress on my tree project to finish out the evening.
IMG_4976.jpeg
IMG_4977.jpeg

After mowing grass today at the cabin, I wanted to ride Maple Sally. Got to a down tree and there was a little path, so I moved some more of it and went thru.
IMG_7973.jpeg

Then past mile 12

IMG_7974.jpeg

I came across another down tree. There was evidence of a bypass around it, but it was steep and narrow and I am a novice and was alone so I turned around.

IMG_7976.jpeg

And I’d love to know the story of this tree and trailer that appear to have come together many years ago.

IMG_7978.jpeg

And I’d love to know the story of this tree and trailer that appear to have come together many years ago.
I think you just told most of it. :laughing:

Entrance to Trail 4. How you accessed Guardrail and Helicopter Pad.
PXL_20240810_210804099.jpg

Right there for all you youngins is the entrance to Lower 2. Back in the day, Lower 2 was the barometer for having a solid rig. At the time, one of the hardest trails in the South.
PXL_20240810_211655147.jpg

Bridge on Trail 1 where TN state line campground is the the left and Trail 5 (first water crossing) to your right.
PXL_20240810_214053539.MP.jpg

Far as we got today. 344.7 miles in a Super Duty with the 4 of us was enough.

Thanks Jody. Pretty sad to see Tellico like that. Never in a million years would I have imagined we would loose it.
And why? It’s clearly still there. And the subsequent logging did more damage than 4x4s ever did.

Thanks Jody. Pretty sad to see Tellico like that. Never in a million years would I have imagined we would loose it.
Definitely brought me some tough emotions. Truly, I had some of my favorite moments in life there. Sad to see what was taken away forever.
But...if someone is an expoGeek or has a dual sport, there are some awesome gravel road loops out there.

Did you drive thru Murphy? Wondering what the town looks like now since they sat on their hands during all of the fighting to keep Tellico open. I know that must have lost a lot of revenue seeing from April to October there were always club rides going on.
Yes sir. Turned down by the Hampton Inn and drove down the 2 lane. We stopped at the new Riverwalk to let the pups cool off. Drove into downtown and over to the OG Marathon for a Coke. Downtown has breweries, bougie restaurants, Chinese joint and such. Looks like a lot of similar sizes ones.
Robbinsville didn't have crap.

Did you drive thru Murphy? Wondering what the town looks like now since they sat on their hands during all of the fighting to keep Tellico open. I know that must have lost a lot of revenue seeing from April to October there were always club rides going on.
I think the sad truth is that OHV dollars are not as impactful as we like to think. Tax and retail/restaurant dollars for a somewhat busy small downtown are probably more in a week than the entire years impact from OHV unless you’ve got a mecca like Moab or Hatfield McCoy. And even those will only work so long as the area stays distant from modern growth and development.

Back