Random pic thread.

Fixing to get froggy with some radius rods....

(I will get the brackets mounted with it on the ramps, then on level ground to set and install the rods.)

IMG_5327.jpeg

IMG_5325.jpeg

IMG_5328.jpeg

Took this jewel for @benXJ today….. your gonna be pissed when you find out 30 day tags can go over 2 months in the future lol 😂
View attachment 424090
so are they gonna say 60-90 day tag now?

I have seen some of the newer ones that are supposedly harder to fake/scratch out

but yea, somehow this is less racist, so its a win in my book!

so are they gonna say 60-90 day tag now?

I have seen some of the newer ones that are supposedly harder to fake/scratch out

but yea, somehow this is less racist, so its a win in my book!
There is no traceability for 30day tags.... The date written on the paper is the only thing to indicate age.

Most dealers put packing tape or similar over top of the tag, after it is filled out, "to protect it"

There is no traceability for 30day tags.... The date written on the paper is the only thing to indicate age.

Most dealers put packing tape or similar over top of the tag, after it is filled out, "to protect it"
yea, they are basically untraceable and easily modified/stolen

there is a small effort now to make the temp tags a bit more robust and traceable.....I've seen a few. They are synthetic (not paper) and are printed via machine. Some dealers are doing it. Who knows if its a law or just a suggestion.

doesn't really stop the criminals from driving around with no plate.....but criminals don't care about laws.....who knew!?

I saw Supposedly, a temp tag last week on some low dollar car. All I saw was a Black Plastic Bag, framed in by the plate holder! I don't have a clue. :confused:

A friend of mine is on his 3rd temp tag just waiting on the dmv to process the paperwork and send him his permanent one.
Par for the course; friend of mine got his driver license renewed. Passed the test, they took his picture, & his money. Told him he'd receive it in the Mail! Now they Don't even develop your pic & permeant License, in the Local Office. :shaking:

Par for the course; friend of mine got his driver license renewed. Passed the test, they took his picture, & his money. Told him he'd receive it in the Mail! Now they Don't even develop your pic & permeant License, in the Local Office. :shaking:
Been that way for years.

Time for me to toss in some goodies; You may have seen the car wreck in Gastonia, running on our local news. Wreck happened last week when a old White C-10 van, turned from the wrong lane, left in front of another car, transporting a pregnant woman. Trying to avoid the accident, the car the woman was in made a quick right, off the road. landed on the front porch of an abandoned house, 5 feet below the road grade. Last week I was coming from getting an X-ray, & pulled up right after all the emergency responders got there. Now I know what happened! They haven't found the Van, but they have Video!
you can just make it out by the front house door, & behind the Yellow / Safety Green truck.
BTW, that truck appears to be a repurposed vehicle, with the Ambulance removed, carrying a Gastonia Police shield> No idea what use it is?

Attachments

• 20240830_121800.jpg
    20240830_121800.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 40
Finished up remaking neighbors mulch bed, from the tornadic storm we had a couple months back. Gardens tractors don't spread #1 packed tree grindings!
O, & the new deck is going up; not by me!

Attachments

• 20240827_175633.jpg
    20240827_175633.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240829_111424.jpg
    20240829_111424.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240905_163658.jpg
    20240905_163658.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 33

Been that way for years.
Yup. They stopped it when people started breaking into the offices and stealing the machines.

First camping trip with David. Brought out trusty #3, which was my tent all through scouts. Lot of memories in this old tent.

20240907_152146.jpg

Back