Random pic thread.

Rims for an axle swap I haven't done yet with axles I haven't bought yet...sometimes you start with the last puzzle piece first.

IMG_9590.JPG

There are a few around Winston....and we have a showtime video in Walnut Cove, but stokes county is a little behind

I saw a whole bank of pay phone @ Washington Dulles airport two weeks ago. And believe it or not someone was using one.

They were entering/leaving the matrix......

I much prefer a copper roof fabbed from 3x10 sheets of 20oz copper. We have had to do a few fidelity banks with panels from the factory but much prefer to make my own.

That's a 20 oz coil on our machine and the run is 18ft long. The gloves aren't a big deal, the owner wants his kids to put finger and hand prints on the panels before they go up.

2013-01-28_15-03-17_820.jpg

Lost the pictures of the ones we did this past winter at tanglewood and WFU but here's an one I did several years ago. We do alot of flat/low pitch roofs like this. Only difference is you solder the seams on low pitch stuff.

We did copper half round gutters for a guy several years ago that wanted them to stay looking new. Installing them sucked. For several years he has something done to them before finally letting them turn.

And here's a random pic of about half the roofing going on this uhaul I'm working on
1018161107.jpg

I worked on a house a guy had a galvanized roof but had it treated with something to make it look like old rusted metal like on really old barns. Said it wouldn't degrade past what it was like then

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There are many weathering products out there. Its cool, but comes at a price. Somewhere I've got a pic of a big barn we did this summer out if that.

Funny how people will pay a premium for something new that looks old.

Back