Random pic thread.

IMG_20170810_190544125.jpg

When I was in college no one wanted that.
The local favorite watering hole didnt ask for IDs and on Thirsty Thursdays they did plastic slightly bigger than shot glass sized PBRs for a quarter.

I learned three valuable lessons from that:
1) Plastic shot glasses will only stack 42 high without a wall to lean on.
2) 60 shots of beer are too many to be legally operating a bicycle on the road in Clemson, SC
3) If you can make a police officer laugh while being pulled over there IS a chance he will put you in the backseat, your bike half in half out the trunk and drop both of you off at your house.

Then Clint Eastwood drank it in a movie and all the cool kids and hipsters love it and it costs more than a high gravity craft

So that is what it was like in the 1920s? I have always wondered.

Bro...id sit there in my crocs and drink a beer with ya...and I ain't had a beer in 4 months now

Update on the apartments/townhomes by us.

There are a few hundred apartment units as part of the complex. The townhouses are right by us. Selling 120-140k. Four of the townhouses (16 units) over look, out the back, the sewage pump and overflow pit. That's the lighted area in the pic below.

Several times now, in the last few months, we've heard the alarm buzzer going off for a couple of days, and the stench of raw sewage down that way starting a day or two later. Guess it takes a few days for whoever to come out and fix.

Real estate ad will read: "Breathtaking view."

72457abb67a17e6eebf46d6e8d84bd08.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Remote monitoring costs money, yo.

There are a few hundred apartment units as part of the complex. The townhouses are right by us. Selling 120-140k. Four of the townhouses (16 units) over look, out the back, the sewage pump and overflow pit. That's the lighted area in the pic below.

Several times now, in the last few months, we've heard the alarm buzzer going off for a couple of days, and the stench of raw sewage down that way starting a day or two later. Guess it takes a few days for whoever to come out and fix.

Pumps and lifts are built to fail and need constant maintenance "CHA-CHING" for the town................and I'm sure enough to bet that is a HUD project.

Got my jeep loaded up to move in tomorrow. If I didn't have so many tools and other oh crap stuff for my jeep. I would have so much more room for my college stuff. The entire red line is jeep stuff all the way to the other door.
37cc20198fc9e7bd04215bff33427342.jpg
35a18bfc2eba1c8066ea24e003a32d7c.jpg
02f29ee0075a329fd03e9b0e4e857d7f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

At least you get to drive a nice jeep to college. Freshman year I had no vehicle. Sophmore year I bought a 1968 chevy for 75 bucks so would have something to tool around in. Junior and senior years I had saved up enough more to buy a 1979 Toyota celica.
Yup, I was lucky enough to get my sister's old 1997 grand cherokee when she got a new to her car. After dealing with trying to keep it able to move for 3 years to the best of my ability. I was able to sell it and fund buying my 2000 cherokee that I have put alot of work into and more work to come.
f69d0e7311e872d719e43af0ad5e1368.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Your observant posts about the townhomes/apts probably made me notice the masonry on these that are going up in SW Charlotte:
160Apts.jpg

WTF Mate?

Your observant posts about the townhomes/apts probably made me notice the masonry on these that are going up in SW Charlotte:
View attachment 252198
WTF Mate?

I think it's maybe supposed to look like the old buildings that have bricked-up windows? The fact that the brick colors were flipped left-to-right (instead of mirrored about the centerline) makes me think that the bricked-up look is very intentional.

It's like a converted brick warehouse with some strange Post-Modern roof thing over it. I don't know who thinks that this bullshit looks good. Probably the same people who buy the track homes that are 2500 sq ft but have 11 different overlapping faux roof details to make it look complex, or craftsman-style columns with gingerbread porch trim. It hurts my head.

Man that is one fugly building. Even if the windows were filled in it would be ugly.

Back