Random pic thread.

FB2B3203-2356-4D45-9AFE-3BAE063501B9.jpeg

So to begin with--I've worked on plenty of hot circuits, single and three phase so not a complete safety-first kind of guy, but these came from a foreclosure I bought last week and even I wouldn't have had the balls to try it. The pill heads squatting inside did apparently.
Anyway I did pull it down before the inspector came by.
wire.jpg
ware.jpg

Looks like they had a couple scraps of 14ga romex, wrapped some around the service entrance splices above the weatherhead--then not having enough wire they stripped and twisted on another piece of romex but instead of wire nuts or tape they were just left bare and put under a shingle for insulation. I wish I could have seen the dude up on the roof twisting that wire around the bare 2/0 coming from the pole.

This has been something that my friend has been talking about doing for at least 2 years. He had an early 60's simplicity landlord lawn tractor that pretty much went into disrepair. I found him an identical tractor with a 12hp kohler on Craigslist for cheap. He threw a amazon carb on it and it fired right up. The whole rear axle/ transmission came from the first tractor. He cut the brackets out of half inch with an angle grinder and plated the existing brackets to stretch the rear axle with 3/16 on top of 3/16. The tensioner set up took a bit of trial and error but it worked out really well. The rear axle pivots pretty well and the wide long travel pulley tensioner really soaks up the slack. He ordered 23" skid steer tires for it, and they should be here this week. The rear axle has wheels filled with concrete and tires full of anti freeze. Hopefully he'll get some weights for the front end. Both rear axles have 3 forward gears and a reverse. We call it the SIMPLICITEDE. It's shown with a homemade belly rake.
IMG_3143.JPG
IMG_3142.JPG
IMG_3141.JPG
IMG_3140.JPG
IMG_3139.JPG
IMG_3138.JPG
IMG_3137.JPG
IMG_3136.JPG
IMG_3134.JPG

This has been something that my friend has been talking about doing for at least 2 years. He had an early 60's simplicity landlord lawn tractor that pretty much went into disrepair. I found him an identical tractor with a 12hp kohler on Craigslist for cheap. He threw a amazon carb on it and it fired right up. The whole rear axle/ transmission came from the first tractor. He cut the brackets out of half inch with an angle grinder and plated the existing brackets to stretch the rear axle with 3/16 on top of 3/16. The tensioner set up took a bit of trial and error but it worked out really well. The rear axle pivots pretty well and the wide long travel pulley tensioner really soaks up the slack. He ordered 23" skid steer tires for it, and they should be here this week. The rear axle has wheels filled with concrete and tires full of anti freeze. Hopefully he'll get some weights for the front end. Both rear axles have 3 forward gears and a reverse. We call it the SIMPLICITEDE. It's shown with a homemade belly rake.
View attachment 255791 View attachment 255790 View attachment 255789 View attachment 255788 View attachment 255787 View attachment 255786 View attachment 255785 View attachment 255784 View attachment 255783

Probably the coolest thing I’ve seen all day. I require a video of it in action.

View attachment 255799 What the shit is this??!! Everyone in the rotating around the sun, developed, modern world knows full and well that this is completely unacceptable!! I mean cmon, it's way too early for Christmas decorations to be out in stores!!
Santa stealth mode activate!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

View attachment 255791 View attachment 255790 View attachment 255789 View attachment 255788 View attachment 255787 View attachment 255786 View attachment 255785 View attachment 255784 View attachment 255783

Better tuck your shirt in first!

Friend Flip Flop, can lift his Own weight!

View attachment 255799 What the shit is this??!! Everyone in the rotating around the sun, developed, modern world knows full and well that this is completely unacceptable!! I mean cmon, it's way too early for Christmas decorations to be out in stores!!
Every year it seems like they start earlier and earlier. I hate Black Friday

Probably the coolest thing I’ve seen all day. I require a video of it in action.

X2. I wonder how it does turning very sharp?

Other than being cool and different, what is the purpose? needs more traction for some implement or something? Isnt the engine his limitation now?

In college a friend bought one of those dancing santas, on clearance. We put in on our apt balcony and hacked it to play music from an ipod. It was the funniest sight to walk by after dusk and see that rascal dancing and singing "chocolate salty balls". It got the craziest looks. They would dress him up with different clothes throughout the year to change it up.

X2. I wonder how it does turning very sharp?

Other than being cool and different, what is the purpose? needs more traction for some implement or something? Isnt the engine his limitation now?

We have three of these tractors now. Well, more like 1,1, 1.5 and .5 . We have a bunch of belly mowers, that home made belly take, and a push blade for the front. We use the rake to level out the gravel driveway which is about a .25 mile. I don't have much experience with the push blade, but they heat the house on firewood and we mainly use it to skid logs out of the woods. When the original landlord ( which is now just .5 of a tractor ) had the concrete tires on it, it would pull 10 foot sections of 20" diameter logs through the woods with no problem. That was with a 9 hp Briggs and open differential. Just had to keep momentum once it was moving. After watching the simplicitede in action, it's no less manuverable than it was back then. That being said, the steering on these things suck. We will see what happens to the drivetrain once these skid steer tires get on there. He also has v tread ag tires for the front, but I imagine it will take a good bit of weight on the front end before they make much difference. I think the four drive wheels will make it pull better, but it's still mainly a novelty, and a "just to see if we could".

Very cool. I like building similar stuff. Didnt know if there were plans to put a big dump bed on the back or something. Also, could rig up cable shifters that would allow it to shift both transmissions with 1 shifter.

IMG_2852.JPG
We hadn't even considered the dump bed. We were talking about a shifter linkage to make both axles shirt together, but it's actually kind of fun let one push or pull the other in nuetral. I have to say, I was a skeptic on Friday night when the whole thing started, but by Sunday I was converted.

I just bought an allis chalmers b210, which is about the same size, a few years newer but has front and rear hydraulic lifts. The one pictured above is my first one, an allis chalmers b-110. I'm hoping to get a cart trailer for it and planning to mount a 3000 psi pressure washer pump to the front pto.

View attachment 255810 We hadn't even considered the dump bed. We were talking about a shifter linkage to make both axles shirt together, but it's actually kind of fun let one push or pull the other in nuetral. I have to say, I was a skeptic on Friday night when the whole thing started, but by Sunday I was converted.

I just bought an allis chalmers b210, which is about the same size, a few years newer but has front and rear hydraulic lifts. The one pictured above is my first one, an allis chalmers b-110. I'm hoping to get a cart trailer for it and planning to mount a 3000 psi pressure washer pump to the front pto.
That's the First riding mower we ever had, when I lived at home! And I bought it used from my boss. It stayed with Dad, when I moved out, & he left it there, still running, when he sold the house. 3 speed with variable drive [split pulley & belt]. Can't buy That Quality, any more!

Back