Random pic thread.

looks nice. prefer 7mm rem mag. but those 6.5s are catching on quick in comp
I hunt for meat, Id rather just kill the deer than run it over with a tank lol. 6.5 also shoots a little flatter and, weight for weight, retains more energy/velocity at range. I seriously considered a 7-08 as well.

My field gun for deer is a 7mm-08. Never had an issue dropping deer out to 400 yds with it. It is a heavy barrel so usually shoot off a rest at standing targets but it hasn’t ever disappointed. Anything in the woods is an ancient b/a savage 30-30

What model Savage? My mod 10 is a tack driver and doesn't break a sweat at 1000 yds.
Its the Axis II, so its definitely a budget gun. But most people seem to be pleased. The accutrigger is nice as is the heavy bull barrel.

I hunt for meat, Id rather just kill the deer than run it over with a tank lol. 6.5 also shoots a little flatter and, weight for weight, retains more energy/velocity at range. I seriously considered a 7-08 as well.

It will shoot with less moa drop than the 7mm rem mag by like 0.5'ish* for the first 500 meters or so. Beyond that the 7 drops less. Youre right in that there is a consistent 300 ft.lb. difference between the two all the way out to 1500 meters. Packs much more of a punch. i like tho how much better the 7 does handling wind deflection. But 6.5 is a serious runner up, with a near similar profile but quite a bit less on the BC. serious awesome rifle and ballistic science going on with the 6.5

*subject to cartridge dynamics lol

I need another gun cabinet, it's overflowing. Already have another one for reloading stuff. Need a fourth for airguns... this is getting expensive lol.
fa85926fd87cfab2329c976169a462f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It will shoot with less moa drop than the 7mm rem mag by like 0.5'ish* for the first 500 meters or so. Beyond that the 7 drops less. Youre right in that there is a consistent 300 ft.lb. difference between the two all the way out to 1500 meters. Packs much more of a punch. i like tho how much better the 7 does handling wind deflection. But 6.5 is a serious runner up, with a near similar profile but quite a bit less on the BC. serious awesome rifle and ballistic science going on with the 6.5

*subject to cartridge dynamics lol
The 6.5 actually bucks wind better thanks to the higher b.c.. But both are excellent rounds and adequate to take anything on this continent.

***Edit***

That is according to data pulled from online and run in my ballisticscalculator

Last edited:
I need another gun cabinet, it's overflowing. Already have another one for reloading stuff. Need a fourth for airguns... this is getting expensive lol.
fa85926fd87cfab2329c976169a462f8.jpg

Dude get you a safe.That shit right there is just makin it easy for a theif to get em all in one trip.

Tree was still standing at my house at 5:15pm, and was cut, split, and stacked at my neighbor's house at 6:15pm.
Meth is a hellva drug.:lol:

Dude get you a safe.That shit right there is just makin it easy for a theif to get em all in one trip.
Don't really have room for a safe. When we add on to our house I plan to make room. Not terribly worried about a thief.

Don't really have room for a safe. When we add on to our house I plan to make room. Not terribly worried about a thief.

I second buy a safe. My father thought the same. I actually cleaned out and relocated family firearms around 6 months prior to the entire house being ransacked. A house up on a hill that hadnt been touched in 20 plus years. Every piece of black powder and bullets where strewn everywhere and the pretty glass cabnit torn apart out of spite. All the jewelry my dad had spoiled mom with was taken. Jewelery along with important papers go in the safe.
Who says you have to have a huge one, or a big fire resistant job. Anything is better than glass doors.

I second buy a safe. My father thought the same. I actually cleaned out and relocated family firearms around 6 months prior to the entire house being ransacked. A house up on a hill that hadnt been touched in 20 plus years. Every piece of black powder and bullets where strewn everywhere and the pretty glass cabnit torn apart out of spite. All the jewelry my dad had spoiled mom with was taken. Jewelery along with important papers go in the safe.
Who says you have to have a huge one, or a big fire resistant job. Anything is better than glass doors.
Hell, put the safe where that glass cabinet is.

Back